Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

Sellers witholding ratings

ziggy2000

It makes me mad when sellers do not rate until they are rated :mad: Once they are paid, the buyer's side of the transaction is completed. By not rating they are creating the impression that their goods are inferior or service is poor, hence leaving their options open to reciprocate with bad ratings. I reckon we should name and shame!

Edited by ziggy2000

wayjen

Ratings will always be a sore point but now I am wondering if we should name and shame Buyers who fail to rate Sellers?

Miss Jewels

I would love to see this Wayjen, but we all know it will not be allowed. I have over 1300 ratings outstanding.....:cry::cry::cry:

Ratings will always be a sore point but now I am wondering if we should name and shame Buyers who fail to rate Sellers?

JANDS

Common decency is lacking, friends.

voldermort

Seeing as I have almost 1500 ratings that I have never received I should agree with this but I don't - simply because a lot of buyers do not realise the importance of a rating & are not purposely withholding their ratings, how is a new buyer expected to know how important their rating is - in any case most of my buyers who have never rated me are regulars who never rate any seller but bn a regular I know they are happy with their purchases - however as Ziggy said it most certainly is not on for sellers to withhold their ratings until buyers have rated them, that is purposely withholding ratings & is usually done when the seller knows they are selling crap.

wayjen

Let BoB put a system in place that after 90 days of no ratings for either Seller or Buyer, they issue a positive rating for all outstanding ratings.

kyle2

Common courtesy, thats all it is, if you get a positive, return the favour, or be branded as a "Rating Thief".

There is no excuse for not rating anyone, except spite! :twisted:

BoB sends reminders out to people who have not rated their transaction, be it buyer or seller.

Most sellers on BoB, including myself work very hard to get that positive, I may not have many, but each and every on was hard earned.

I find it absolutely revolting that some of you who have commented here have thousands of ratings outstanding, this is almost a criminal act on your buyers part, I would have lost my mind by now, I suppose it gets easier as you go along.

voldermort
Common courtesy, thats all it is, if you get a positive, return the favour, or be branded as a "Rating Thief".

There is no excuse for not rating anyone, except spite! :twisted:

BoB sends reminders out to people who have not rated their transaction, be it buyer or seller.

Most sellers on BoB, including myself work very hard to get that positive, I may not have many, but each and every on was hard earned.

I find it absolutely revolting that some of you who have commented here have thousands of ratings outstanding, this is almost a criminal act on your buyers part, I would have lost my mind by now, I suppose it gets easier as you go along.

It really doesnt worry me that much that I have these outstanding ratings - personally I think there is far too much importance attached to ratings, (although as said I imagine some sellers withhold ratings because they know the chances are good that they are going to get slapped with a negative for selling rubbish) if a buyer emails me after the purchase & says item received thanks or buys again & yet doesnt rate me, they are happy so I'm happy & dont see the need to push buyers to give me a rating. Yes, I worked hard to put the ad up, wrap the item, post the item etc & they acknowledged my work by buying from me & giving me their money.

Think about it - how often are you in the queue at PnP and you see the cashier brightly hello the customer - not all the customers return the greeting, some are just downright rude however the cashier cannot then stand up & give the customer a fat smack because they didnt hello her back? She has to continue to be courteous even though she most probably would like to leap over the counter & Chuck Norris them.

So it is on Bid or Buy - people either have manners or they don't, in either case if they purchased & paid promptly they deserve their rating. I have done my duty, and at the end of the day I am still the courteous one - no need to sink to a level I don't want to be by withholding ratings.

Edited by voldermort

wayjen

Try and ask BoB to tell the Buyer to rate you and I will bet they say they don't get involved and it's up to the Buyers descression (spelling), whether to rate you or not.

Why then should a Seller be forced to rate a Buyer, can it not be to the Sellers descression whether to rate or not?

We all know ratings are important and will pick up the phone or drop BoB an email when we get a negative and BoB cannot deny that ratings are important to a certain extent so maybe more emphasis should be placed on the rating system but............

voldermort
Try and ask BoB to tell the Buyer to rate you and I will bet they say they don't get involved and it's up to the Buyers descression (spelling), whether to rate you or not.

Why then should a Seller be forced to rate a Buyer, can it not be to the Sellers descression whether to rate or not?

We all know ratings are important and will pick up the phone or drop BoB an email when we get a negative and BoB cannot deny that ratings are important to a certain extent so maybe more emphasis should be placed on the rating system but............

Yes Wayne I know what you are saying which is why I said if a buyer purchases & pays promptly I will rate them immediately - if however they take me for a long walk around the mulberry bush before paying then I simply do not rate them as I detest bn buggered around - but again as I said, if they buy now & pay now they get rated, as it should be.......there is no need for discretion then.

JANDS
So it is on Bid or Buy - people either have manners or they don't, in either case if they purchased & paid promptly they deserve their rating. I have done my duty, and at the end of the day I am still the courteous one - no need to sink to a level I don't want to be by withholding ratings.

Last edited by voldermort; Yesterday at 14:00.

You're a lady, lass......

gypseygirl

As a buyer who has sometimes not given the seller a rating, I would just like to say that sometimes I will rather refrain from giving a rating because you can be sure that once you have issued a negative, the positive you received for fast payment will be reversed and you will end up with a revenge negative. I recently got a positive rating, but when I rated the seller neutral because the book I bought was no in a good condition as advertised, I then had my positive changed to a neutral as well with the comment "well the contents of the book is good".

JANDS

Tell you one thing though....rather no rating than a negative one.

InfiIT

I think that for sellers, the rating should be automatically set to positive (in the case of bobpay EFT, payment has been received...deal half done), in the case of other payment methods, after the buyer completes the order, within say a week, it should automatically set to positive unless the seller sets it beforehand.

A seller's rating should be locked in if it is positive with no way to down the rating to neutral or negative as the deal was done. A negative rating may be bumped up to positive or neutral and a neutral can sway either way :)

Or maybe the buyer should have the option of confirming if the item is sent, if the item is sent, obviously, the buyer has completed his/her side of the deal and the rating should be locked in positive accordingly.

As a seller, the only time i change to the red face is after 2 weeks of no contact, i initially go neutral to try and get a reaction after about a week if there is no communication, then the following week, i go sadface but still am willing to change to happy face if payment is done.

And once it is green, it stays there. I will not revenge rate, if the buyer is not happy, so be it, that will be the fact, not everyone can be happy and i will do everything i can to change that rating in a positive way :)

My story for the day :)

Tayama
I think that for sellers, the rating should be automatically set to positive (in the case of bobpay EFT, payment has been received...deal half done),

A seller's rating should be locked in if it is positive with no way to down the rating to neutral or negative as the deal was done. A negative rating may be bumped up to positive or neutral and a neutral can sway either way :)

I totally agree with this suggestion - I pay all my auctions within minutes after closing with BOBbucks and 75% of the time, sellers wants me to rate them first before they are willing to rate me. Once I've paid (within time stated and the full amount as stated per order), my part is done and I deserve a positive rating. I do not want to receive messages telling me that I will be rated once I've rated them OR they will be waiting for my rating in order to confirm that I have received my parcel and are a happy customer and all that crap.

As I seller, that is exactly what i do - rate any buyer the moment their payment is confirmed and stick to the rating I have given them!

wayjen

Not all payments made within minutes are correct so an automatic positive rating is not right. Many Buyers think they know how much something costs or only want to pay what they think is correct and sometimes this is ok and other times it is not.

alloway65

As a seller once I receive payment I immediately rate, occasionally doing a rating slips my mind for a day or two.....but that is no excuse with the BoB system.

As a buyer as soon as I receive the good as advertized I rate......some ratings are now outstanding for over a month due the PO strike.

NooNooBug

I can understand the reason some Sellers only rate when they are rated, probably because there are many more non rating buyers out there than sellers? As seller I personally rate as soon as full payment made, as buyer I usually rate the day I collect my parcel. I think it comes down to manners? Thank you isn't used enough these days ! I get frustrated at all the buyers that do not take the time to rate. They do not even need to write a story, a thanx great or what ever is all it takes.

RISadler

As a seller, I do not rate immediately payment has been received - I ignore the "notifications" totally - because then the buyer also expects the tracking number. Also, I post once a week - on a Tuesday. So on Tuesday morning I check the ol' bank account, determine which payments are BoB purchases, get the item(s) of the buyer(s) together, and drop it in the postal queue with my other to-be-posted orders. By the time I get back from the P-Off, I have animals that need feeding, etc. The next day usually brings a few surprises, so BoB takes a backseat - and it is generally very low on my priority list. Bad me, I know.