Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

It's snowing. Again.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

We've been at minus 5 the whole day and it's starting to snow again... Damn it's cold...:ninja:

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Upgrade to BLIZZARD...

retailrush    10
retailrush

That's probably why we in JHB are expecting a cold day tomorrow... Keep warm! Brrrrrr

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I doubt it will ever snow in Durban, but we were just surprised with a hectic hailstorm, the roads were white with hail, thank goodness there was no damage to the car.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Grahamstown doesn't seem privileged enough to get snow - just the freezing cold! Maximum temp outside today is 6 deg in our garden! All cats and dogs (with sense) are sleeping inside the house, around the heaters. It is only yours truly who is sitting in the cold outside office at the computer.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Absolutely freezing cold in Oudtshoorn today - with rain and wind! A friend of ours came into town this morning and said the mountains were covered in a new blanket of snow! Can't see it from town yet as there is too much low cloud, but you can definitely feel it... bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

svw    10
svw
We've been at minus 5 the whole day and it's starting to snow again... Damn it's cold...:ninja:

WOW - Think I would die in cold like that - we have been 25 degrees max today lovely and warm but are expecting to be colder tomorrow...

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Just as bad in CT. My furniture on my outside balcony was flung around and I had a chair go over the balcony, onto our one car standing in the driveway below and in pieces. It's really been howling here....winter at it's best!

Cali Craft and Gems

You can keep the wind! It was strong enough this side today with gusts of up to 30km per hour! (In PE that would be considered a light breeze! LOL)

Cali Craft and Gems

[h=6]Image courtesy of the Swartberg Country Manor: Swartberg Pass 6 August 2012 - no wonder it is freezing cold in Oudtshoorn! :)[/h]

swartberg6aug.jpg.aeef72f899007e7e945c6992da2c6eca.jpg

staccato    10
staccato
Grahamstown doesn't seem privileged enough to get snow - just the freezing cold! Maximum temp outside today is 6 deg in our garden! All cats and dogs (with sense) are sleeping inside the house, around the heaters. It is only yours truly who is sitting in the cold outside office at the computer.

Will be back in Grahamstown on Wednesday till Sunday, not looking forward to the cold & wind as predicted by the weatherman, however, I will be with warmhearted friends. See you soon Lily!:smile1:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Travel safely, staccato. Will be good to see you again!

meeks    10
meeks

On the subject of cold weather. We certainly can not compare with most of the other regions when it comes to winter temperatures, as we normally have (coldish) but enjoyable winter temperatures,as our summers are excruciatingly hot here.But this year, I don't know what it is, but I am feeling the winter much more intensely than in the past, and can not wait for summer to arrive., it's depressing to say the least

Everything just seems different to previous years,it is colder, and the days just seem too long. Oh well, hopefully the feeling will pass, but I do feel for those of you who are really suffering the cold.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

It's beautiful here in the forest.

58f5a73cc9898_SnowAvenue.jpg.1bfeb880a86a20071f70fe9ca941b006.jpg

kyle2    10
kyle2

Its pretty white here in Edenvale at the moment........:wacko:

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

It just started SNOWING in Pretoria!!!!!Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alloway65    10
alloway65

In Randburg we have had a few flakes of snow today .....but it is absoloutly freezing here, I have never known it so cold apart from in Europe!! Just turned up the underfloor heating...as the dogs were complaining of the cold!!!

svw    10
svw
It just started SNOWING in Pretoria!!!!!Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought my son was teasing me when he called about an hour ago to say that it's snowing in JHB...I had better call him back and tell him that to catch a few flakes for me...:shock:

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

It only lasted for about 10min.,but I felt like a kid again:bigsmile:I think it will start again tonight.

58f5a73ccf60b_SnowinPretoria1.jpg.12f7002a3fb333eb3e458aea564eb2f8.jpg

58f5a73cd54b6_SnowinPretoria2.jpg.fd5692c26398bb76f7412346aa9b6737.jpg

wayjen    10
wayjen

It is freezing and the wind is howling a moerse hou here, I am too scared to venture out doors.

Minus 5?? Minus 5??? I would simply die!!!!!!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
It is freezing and the wind is howling a moerse hou here, I am too scared to venture out doors.

Minus 5?? Minus 5??? I would simply die!!!!!!

So much for global warming.

wayjen    10
wayjen
So much for global warming.

It's Global Freezing more like it.

Cali Craft and Gems

As Oudtshoorn had a major power outage today, we decided to close the shop and go for a drive to "get warm"...

Opted to go up the Swartberg Pass as hubby missed out on the snow the last time us girls went up, and surprisingly there was only a little right at the top of the pass. It however has been raining almost non-stop for more than 24 hours so we suspect that this could have perhaps melted the snow as we did see a little bit of slush on the side of the road and there was plenty of mud.

Came back home, put on the paraffin heater and waited patiently for the power to come back on so we could reheat the leftover veggie broth from last night and so I could work on parcels. Thank heavens it was restored a short while ago around 6pm. But it is still freezing cold...

JANDS    10
JANDS

.....and the sea is roaring here, the wind howling the drops against the roof and windows.....a Cape Winter at its best.

circe    10
circe

it starting to snow a bit here on the farm also -9 at this moment.