Sign in to follow this  
yeittech

Abusing the rating system

yeittech

I have seen a large amount of my customers who purchase something, get impatient (by that I mean waiting less than half a day), and then revenge rating me on the sale without even contacting me first. Surely bidorbuy can implement some system where buyers can only rate 24 hours after the sale is completed?

It's like a bunch of 12 year olds really, doing this is terribly childish and I hope that these buyers realize this.

wayjen

We been on that issue for yonks now and BoB won't be changing it any time soon I am afraid to say.

voldermort

Talking of abusing the rating system my attention was drawn to a neutral rating a recent buyer of mine had received - obviously being nosey I went to see who had given it/what it was about & damned if I didn't see that the seller who had given it has quite a few negatives & neutrals given to them from buyers and in each & every incident, if they were given a negative they gave one right back & if they were given a neutral - ditto.

Surely these are all just pure & simple revenge ratings? However I imagine until one of these buyers smartens up & actually complains about it this particular seller will just carry right on playing this ridiculous game.

Not1CentMore
We been on that issue for yonks now and BoB won't be changing it any time soon I am afraid to say.

Yeppers, 'tis true. SOME Buyers cannot seem to 'wrap their head around' the fact that an item bid/won can't be delivered the day BEFORE the auction closed. These same Buyers seem to be missing a few 'digits'. They use ONE finger to bid and ONE finger to complete the transaction. The other digits seem to be either 'keyboard shy', impaired or MIA; no email to Seller or message via Q&A or BoB's Messaging.

(sigh) Perhaps a test. If one cannot blowing-bubble-gum.gif and man-walking-smiley.gif at the same time.... no complicated 'toys'.

oldpeople.gifNo wonder a buncha-buncha of us Sellers are either close to 'bald is beautiful' or being fitted for a straight jacket....

Ruthie

Miss Jewels

Oh goodness.....this sounds so familiar. Hope we don't have a second Mr "K"....I'm sure BoB will look into this once they see the thread.

I don't think anyone would like to go down that same route again.:wondering:

[/quote=voldermort;146371]Talking of abusing the rating system my attention was drawn to a neutral rating a recent buyer of mine had received - obviously being nosey I went to see who had given it/what it was about & damned if I didn't see that the seller who had given it has quite a few negatives & neutrals given to them from buyers and in each & every incident, if they were given a negative they gave one right back & if they were given a neutral - ditto.

Surely these are all just pure & simple revenge ratings? However I imagine until one of these buyers smartens up & actually complains about it this particular seller will just carry right on playing this ridiculous game.

JANDS

I looked for a quiet place to share a thought. So much of life is sold as good when it is "New", "Improved" or some such. It comes in appealing packaging with colours designed to draw attention and a few weeks or months down the road, it adds to the footprint by ending in a black bag. Now if it seems as if I am doing a mind-meander, please bear with me as I am writing off the cuff.

I dont have a beef with what follows, merely a sadness. I dont think any of us were alive around the time when manners, decorum and class were almost part of breeding, a way of life unwritten but taught and understood. I would gladly throw the "Improved and newer" version of modern manners and "Its business" in the trash, along with the attitude of "Life owes me" and "I paid for it". This goes about so many buyers who cannot take the trouble to sit down and rate a seller who has taken the trouble and gone beyond the money earned, to package and deliver to the buyer something of value. I would estimate that between 60-80% of buyers rate on overall sales and while that is excellent, it shows those that could have said "thank you" with the effort of a click and post.

The rushed and aggressive attitude that surrounds what this beautiful tool called money can achieve, is not neccessary, I believe. I am very aware that what I write here is like showing flatulence to the storm, but I think often we have thoughts, that if chorused, might make that edge of a difference.

Thanks for reading this far....may the day be good to you.