Sign in to follow this  
just4kickscpt

Beware of seller Nancyseed, selling faulty modem and dont refund

just4kickscpt
Unfortunately your appeal would be rejected if you did not make payment. Bidding on and winning an auction is binding - it is important to read the shipping charges before hand, as when you place a bid you are agreeing to those charges, by failing to abide by the terms of sale, you are actually at fault. The SNC process allows the sellers to recover their fees for unsuccessful or non paid orders.

With regard to gourong I checked that only after i placed my bid and there wasn't a way for me to go back on that before the auction was done, but I did respond to him the very moment I received notice of the winning bid and asked him to cancel the sale. The SNC from Gadget warehouse was a normal sale, not an auction and I also emailed them to cancel the sale and I even called the number but they still haven't.

qball
With regard to gourong I checked that only after i placed my bid and there wasn't a way for me to go back on that before the auction was done, but I did respond to him the very moment I received notice of the winning bid and asked him to cancel the sale. The SNC from Gadget warehouse was a normal sale, not an auction and I also emailed them to cancel the sale and I even called the number but they still haven't.

The SNCs are not really a cancellation process, they are used to recover fees that have been "charged" for the sale taking place. The problem is you did not make payment so in all likelihood you will be found at fault. Sellers, are charged fees when they "sell" items either by buy now or auction, they also spend lots of time, energy and money promoting their listings and when buyers or bidders come along and don't conclude their end of the deal, it is incredibly frustrating, as it has now cost them money, time and resources, they now have to relist the item, promote it again and try get another buyer or bidders to their items again. The SNC process allows the seller to recover their success fees. If you are not going to complete or have the intention to complete a purchase then rather don't bid or place buy now orders, even though you do have the right to cancel on a buy now. Bidding is different, as bids are legally binding. The seller should have removed the bid as requested.

Edited by qball
spelling

qball
I also understand that I cant blame Bob for the faulty modem and please understand that I don't. What I didn't like was that I when I reached out to Bob initially via the phone for advice on what to do, I couldn't reach anyone, hence the email. I am used to resolving an issue immediately or with in at at least 3 days maximum, but that is due to the fact that that is our policy at the office. I would still use Bob, however I would just be extremely cautious of who I would buy from and only use Verified sellers in the future, which really cuts down the buying options but what else can a person do to prevent such a situation from happening again? If you go into a shop and buy something new plug n play item, you expect it to work when you get home, and not still have to configure this and re-configure the firmware and change the internal configuration etc. It was a modem and all that should be needed for you to do at most is insert simcard, install your mobile connect and happy browsing. The problem with that modem from nancy seed was it would work for 2 minutes, then as soon as you do a speedtest on speedtest.net then it drops the connection after. And i could re-create the problem every single time. The modem would connect but as long as there is minimal browsing or its in standby then all was fine, but as soon as you open Outlook and your web browser and you doing a windows update all simultaneously then it bombs out.

Now, whats the point of paying R682 for a high speed 3g modem when all you cant even use it for high speed internet?

We do understand your frustration, but our problem is that it's your word against the sellers, I have no actual proof of either, just hearsay from both sides and no actual evidence to support either side.

If you check sellers ratings this will give you an indication whether they are reliable, trustworthy etc. There are many sellers who are not Verified who give great service and good quality products, you just need to shop around first.

I would still like to know when you called, who you spoke to, what day and date, what time so that I can follow this up, it is very seldom that we keep anyone on hold for 17 minutes. On average our 0861 number - our answer rate is within 13 seconds unless we are short staffed on a particular day due to illnesses (last week half our team were off sick with a virus, that's about 5 staff members). Thanks.

MiemsJewels

Hi All,

Just want to mention something about the clothes sizes. If it was made in China, the sizes are NEVER correct. Best is to ask the seller if it was made in China first. Then ask measurements: shoulder width, waist size, hip size, lenght. etc.

Have a lovely weekend