Sign in to follow this  
just4kickscpt

Beware of seller Nancyseed, selling faulty modem and dont refund

just4kickscpt    10
just4kickscpt

Hey guys, Please be aware of the seller nancyseed (1348 Rating) in Durban. I bought a 3.5g 21Mbs modem from her and when I received it it was in packaging stating it was 7.2Mbs, then after trying it in my pc the onboard software didn't detect the modem. Then I went to 8ta in Canal Walk who tested the 8ta Mobile Connect and it then worked on their side for a few mins. I got home and used the new software and it found the modem but I could only go online for a few minutes at a time before the modem dissappeared from the pc and then re-connected again.

I contacted the seller who told me it was tested and that I had to set the frequency of the sim card to the modem etc... All this even though it was a brand new modem. I tested my buddy's modem on my pc thinking maybe it was my pc but it worked fine. Tested the modem in his laptop and it also didn't work. I contacted Nancy who came with 10 million excuses and finally I had to threaten her before she gave me return mailing address.

I sent it off via the post office and tracking shows it was collected and now the seller still hasn't refunded my money and its been more than 48hrs!!! This seller is a thief who sells broken stuff as new and people need to be aware of this seller!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3766[/ATTACH]

Edited by admin
Removed sellers name and email - not allowed.

admin    0
admin

Hi just4kickscpt,

Welcome to the forum.

If the 48 hours you are referring to includes this weekend, you might want to hang on a bit. Most sellers do not work on weekends, you can still feel free to send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za for assistance.

On another note, the seller filed a SNC to get their success fees back, standard procedure when the buyer returns the item, as no sale took place when the buyer is refunded.

Thank you.

just4kickscpt    10
just4kickscpt

Thanks for the update, the item was delivered to the sellers post office on Wed, 1 August 2012 and marked as delivered by the post office. The SNC filed against me should have only been done when I was ACTUALLY refunded, which hasn't taken place yet. I can wait till tuesday morning for the latest as this I feel is more than reasonable time as it arrived at their post office on wed already. The seller also has the same bank as me so refund should be immediate when they process it from their side as my payment went through immediately. Will also drop an email to the community

Thanks,

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

Hi, I am just wondering if you ever received your refund? I hope you did!

I see on her ratings that there has been a similar complaint .

just4kickscpt    10
just4kickscpt
Hi, I am just wondering if you ever received your refund? I hope you did!

I see on her ratings that there has been a similar complaint .

I did get my refund but only after having to threaten her with legal and fraud charges and even then I only got the cost of the item back. I lost out on shipping for both getting the item and return shipping. I have since bought me the same modem here in cape town locally and it's worked like a dream. I will never ever buy from this seller again and not only has she left a bad taste in my mouth but I'm hesitant to buy from Bid or Buy now. I took close on to 20 emails back and forth just to get this issue resolved

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

(((( and not only has she left a bad taste in my mouth but I'm hesitant to buy from Bid or Buy now.))))

It can happen , it does happen it shouldnt happen , dont let it put you off , look for Verified sellers for peace of mind if concerned , Things do go awry sometimes , and not allways intentionally .

JANDS    10
JANDS
not only has she left a bad taste in my mouth but I'm hesitant to buy from Bid or Buy now.

May I suggest not judging the basket from one bad apple? I am a new seller and an earlier occasional buyer. Verified users are definitely one way to go. The other is to carefully read the neg ratings of the seller you are intending to buy from. Maybe one buyer bought a few items from a new seller and got cheesed, leaving a few negs which would drag them down. The rating comments are worthwhile reading as it starts painting a clear picture on repetition. As anything in life, there are risks involved and I have walked similar paths to you once or twice here on Bob. However, given worst-case scenario, I would rather be spending my money here than overseas at another we-shall-not-mention.....kind of local is lekker and "you speak my language". There are always going to be a*s-halves (two to make an a*shole) everywhere. By this I am not saying this seller is one, but there are enough blacklisted folk here to support that statement.

I have found Bob to be a great platform and the folks up there to be only helpful when they can.

Breathe deeply, give it another shot and there will be many days you will smile and be happy. There are some truly amazing folk on here with some really interesting and worthwhile stuff.

I wish you a grand day and am happy it finally worked out for you.

Edited by JANDS

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Wise and true words Jands :cool:

May I suggest not judging the basket from one bad apple? I am a new seller and an earlier occasional buyer. Verified users are definitely one way to go. The other is to carefully read the neg ratings of the seller you are intending to buy from. Maybe one buyer bought a few items from a new seller and got cheesed, leaving a few negs which would drag them down. The rating comments are worthwhile reading as it starts painting a clear picture on repetition. As anything in life, there are risks involved and I have walked similar paths to you once or twice here on Bob. However, given worst-case scenario, I would rather be spending my money here than overseas at another we-shall-not-mention.....kind of local is lekker and "you speak my language". There are always going to be a*s-halves (two to make an a*shole) everywhere. By this I am not saying this seller is one, but there are enough blacklisted folk here to support that statement.

I have found Bob to be a great platform and the folks up there to be only helpful when they can.

Breathe deeply, give it another shot and there will be many days you will smile and be happy. There are some truly amazing folk on here with some really interesting and worthwhile stuff.

I wish you a grand day and am happy it finally worked out for you.

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS
Things do go awry sometimes , and not allways intentionally .

I would like to add my experience with the seller and why I will never offer support to her store again.

I purchased one of each of the below :

Suits - ladies INK stretch denim 3pcs suit inclu- crop jacket , vest , crop .- size 32-M - ON SALE was sold for R165.00 on 10 Jan at 22:01 by nancyseed in Durban (ID:52765292)

Knitwear - ladies sweater with front button details --purple/grey can suit for size 30--34 was sold for R100.00 on 16 Dec at 23:28 by nancyseed in Durban (ID:51770176)

With the 3 piece, I was definately not a 32 at that stage I was a 28 but was hoping to pick up to at least a 30 so I confirmed via Q&A that seller had those sizes available. and as for the sweater, look at it, its stunning and I couldnt resist.

I purchased both on the Friday and knowing I would be going away on leave the next Friday I paid for Speed Services so I could take them with. By the Friday I left for my holiday and had not received a tracking number or the goods yet. Ok, still not REALLY a crisis, just dissapointing. I received the tracking info whilst on holiday, when I got back home I collected the parcel. The 3 piece was received as not a 'Small' not a 'Medium' not a 'Large' not even a 'X-Large' but instead a 'XX-L' The 'sweater' was something wierd that I cant actually explain, it was the same colouring as the picture but it was a very low v-nech button down short sleeve thingy. I contacted the seller and they said that they dont take returns on clothing. So I took the knock, never rated the seller and wont be back. Also I think it may be a good idea to not by any clothing items online, stick to the brick and mortar stores. My opinion at least.

Edited by DIY PRODUCTS

svw    10
svw

Also I think it may be a good idea to not by any clothing items online, stick to the brick and mortar stores. My opinion at least.

Personally I have purchased quite a few items of clothing online mainly because I prefer something unusual and different that is not available in the major chain stores - although I am a seller I still love to take a break making myself a cuppa and scrolling through the new items listed looking for the next extra special bargain...:bigsmile:

JANDS    10
JANDS

Thank you Miss Jewels

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

JANDS, we definitely belong to the same club - both of us advise the irate to breath deeply! :wondering:

JANDS    10
JANDS

Hey Lily...there are occasions when one good snotklap says more than words can.....he he :wink:...I need to practice that breathing thingie meself on occasion.

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

This is why I was interested to hear the outcome. I also bought some clothing items from this seller and asked for a 32, I received an xxxl and was told I don't know how to measure my size as it fits her size 32 doll. After some hastle I had to pay for the return postage and the received my new size item, I don't know what size it was but this time it was too small for me. I gave up and r5esolved not to buy from this seller again. In all I lost about R400. My sister also bought a clothing item from her and the colour received was not correct,...my sister is much more stubborn and finally received a refund but not on the postage.

It seems this seller is friendly when all goes well but when things go wrong, she is quick to bite and blame the buyer.

This is not a good quality from a seller.

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies
I did get my refund but only after having to threaten her with legal and fraud charges and even then I only got the cost of the item back. I lost out on shipping for both getting the item and return shipping. I have since bought me the same modem here in cape town locally and it's worked like a dream. I will never ever buy from this seller again and not only has she left a bad taste in my mouth but I'm hesitant to buy from Bid or Buy now. I took close on to 20 emails back and forth just to get this issue resolved

It seems you can get your postage money back on this.

If sellers send the wrong items, they will need to refund the full amount including shipping, if you have problems with this please alert us at communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za or hello@bidorbuy.co.za.

Give it a try and come back to bob! There are many excellent sellers!! I would advise you to look at the ratings particularly ratings of past customers who have bought the same item you would like to buy. This often gives a good indication of the quality of the item.

just4kickscpt    10
just4kickscpt

I work for the largest online store selling both new and used items. Difference between us and Bob is we also sell our own items as well as allowing other to sell via our website, which is where the similarity comes between Bob n us. Having worked here I've come used to a certain standard of customer service we adhere to and the stringent rules we have our sellers follow and we investigate our merchants should such issues arise.

With this in mind I also realize I live in S.A. and I'm not ignorant to dodgy sellers online so I'm wary when I make online purchases especially if the seller isn't South African. I have bought from a non-SA citizen and have had great success and service from the seller so I'm not judging or generalizing, however, the service I received from Bob initially with this issue which was almost non-existent added with my frustration and 20 odd mails later with this seller is something which makes it difficult to be really and truly Proudly South African. Our customer service sucks in this country and sometimes companies are willing to overlook a "minor" issue if the financial profit isn't dented in the bigger scheme of things.

I tried calling Bob's customer service during business hours and was on hold for close on to 17 mins! But when a SNC was filed against me and I appealed it almost immediately my appeal was rejected almost immediately. So who is more important on such sites? The customer who spends the money and advertises for the company/website or the sellers who are providing the products?

I will forward all the emails between me n the seller to the above addresses but honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if nothing comes of it. Call it having faith n hoping there is such a thing as principals and justice.

just4kickscpt    10
just4kickscpt

Well email communication was sent and now just to wait n see what happens if anything...

qball    11
qball

Hi just4kickscpt

I have checked your email correspondence with us, which only started on the 19th, when you notified us, we replied the same day asking you to contact the seller re: the refund. You have sent another email today relating to this issue, and we have sent a request through to the seller for feedback (today - pending a response from the seller). Regarding being on hold, I do sincerely apologise for that, which number did you call for assistance and who did you speak to so I can escalate this failure in our customer service levels.

From what I can see we have responded, within the same day to your emails and will provide feedback to you shortly once we receive feedback. There are also 3 sides to this, your side, the sellers side and the truth, please at least allow us some time to get to the bottom of this as the seller is disputing your claims that the modem was not working and received it back, tested it and it worked, so normally if that is the case the seller would usually only refund the purchase amount, not shipping, as according to her the item is working.

Being in the "business" yourself, you would know that is is often very difficult to determine who is at fault or if the product was indeed faulty, being a third party platform.

I think one should also remove bidorbuy out of the equation - we do not sell the products, nor do we handle the customer service issues for sellers, they are responsible for that. We operate very much like OLX, Gumtree, Junkmail etc. Sellers are responsible for their own customer service, and should issues be escalated to us we can intervene and assist you, which we are definitely doing.

I can also re-assure you this is not about profit but users having a good experience, that is what is important. Regarding the SNC, I see this is for another seller, from what we can see the order was never completed, did you pay for the item from seller Guorong? The seller stated no payment received, if you did pay please send through the proof pf payment to us so we can reverse the decision, as your appeal said nothing about the payment. Again, we can only work on what we see and the responses from buyer and seller.

I am sure we can get to an amicable resolution on the issue with Nancyseed. But would appreciate your patience while we try find out and investigate this matter first before jumping to conclusions. :angel:

Thanks!

qball    11
qball

Sorry, I also checked the SNC with Nancyseed, the SNC has been restricted until we have finalised our investigation. Please do note, that this would not be a criminal case as you have been refunded, less the shipping, this does not constitute a criminal act but would be a civil matter.

just4kickscpt    10
just4kickscpt

Rgarding Gourong and now Gadget Warehouse, I never placed the actual order. I signed in and added the items to my cart but when I was busy checking out i noticed the high charge for shipping and didn't complete the sale and I email ed the seller to cancel the order number.

just4kickscpt    10
just4kickscpt

Regarding Nancyseed, I went and got 3 other modems from my buddies as I thought maybe it was my simcard or the usb on my pc or the usb on the 3g router I also bought from Bob that was faulty and that's why I took a few days before advising the her of the faulty modem. I'm an IT technician with 7 yrs experience and beside working in the call centre I also have my own IT support business so I have a bit of know how when it comes to such kind of things. Why would I want to waste the little money and time I have with still sending back a working modem which was cheaper from her than getting it locally?

qball    11
qball

Unfortunately your appeal would be rejected if you did not make payment. Bidding on and winning an auction is binding - it is important to read the shipping charges before hand, as when you place a bid you are agreeing to those charges, by failing to abide by the terms of sale, you are actually at fault. The SNC process allows the sellers to recover their fees for unsuccessful or non paid orders.

just4kickscpt    10
just4kickscpt

I also understand that I cant blame Bob for the faulty modem and please understand that I don't. What I didn't like was that I when I reached out to Bob initially via the phone for advice on what to do, I couldn't reach anyone, hence the email. I am used to resolving an issue immediately or with in at at least 3 days maximum, but that is due to the fact that that is our policy at the office. I would still use Bob, however I would just be extremely cautious of who I would buy from and only use Verified sellers in the future, which really cuts down the buying options but what else can a person do to prevent such a situation from happening again? If you go into a shop and buy something new plug n play item, you expect it to work when you get home, and not still have to configure this and re-configure the firmware and change the internal configuration etc. It was a modem and all that should be needed for you to do at most is insert simcard, install your mobile connect and happy browsing. The problem with that modem from nancy seed was it would work for 2 minutes, then as soon as you do a speedtest on speedtest.net then it drops the connection after. And i could re-create the problem every single time. The modem would connect but as long as there is minimal browsing or its in standby then all was fine, but as soon as you open Outlook and your web browser and you doing a windows update all simultaneously then it bombs out.

Now, whats the point of paying R682 for a high speed 3g modem when all you cant even use it for high speed internet?