Sign in to follow this  
miraclebabycaw

A Rainbow Nation - Scamming?

miraclebabycaw

All ratings received by A Rainbow Nation on bidorbuy.co.za

Seems silly on low end goods, but add the high postage charges and 60 sales down the line he's picked up a good couple of thousand rand. I might be totally off base and if so I apologize but I have mailed him twice now..tried I don't know how many times to call the cell number listed and it is always off..goes to that callback feature, not even a voice mail. 8 days now and all I have was 1 mail right after I won which I sent asking for sizes, and got a reply..I will try my best...nothing since, despite 2 emails asking when the goods are likely to be sent. Verified user but means squat because the auctions were R6...shipping was like R255 though on 6 pairs of shoes

miraclebabycaw

hmmmm gets better...what I sent to Andries:

I made a mistake of bidding on an auction last week because the items were very familiar, name sounded familiar and I had bid on them in the past..Verified seller...BUT seems to be a case of identity theft here and I am thinking a lot of people are being scammed. I have tried calling the cellphone number numerous times and it just goes to "this is the ...light service of..." every single time. I have mailed twice as well..no reply. I then went back to my questions as I remembered asking questions waaaay back when to find that the original auctions were another seller...similar name

Rainbow Galleries

Shoes - LATEST SUMMER ARRIVALS @ R1 OUCTION @ ALL SIZES @ DON'T MISS OUT @@ LOOK @@ was sold for R6.00 on 27 Jun at 22:31 by Rainbow GALLERIES in Cape Town (ID:68960779)

Virtually exact same Auction down to heading...but now new A Rainbow Nation.

Shoes - LATEST SUMMER ARRIVALS @ R1 OUCTION @ ALL SIZES @ DON'T MISS OUT @@ LOOK @@ was sold for R1.00 on 25 Jul at 21:46 by A Rainbow Nation in Athlone (ID:71238814)

Something not looking good here..Shipping charges identical and everything..one CT, one Athlone...

kyle2

The Thot Plickens..............:ninja:

lilythepink

Where is MsPlod? :suspicious: She normally picks these up pretty quickly.

Seems Cuan is having a ball in Port Elizabeth! Lucky fish! :razz:

qball

The seller has been Verified and is the same user as Rainbow Galleries - an authorised second account. Please contact Bertus on 0861 88 0861 so we can follow up with the seller and find out what's going on.

miraclebabycaw

ok but hold on Cuan. For a second account they are supposed to sell different products? These are both selling the same items? Thanks though I will chat to Bertus

qball

Correct, we will be checking that too.

miraclebabycaw

ok finally got a return call. Today when I called it was the first time it rang...but no answer. He called me back. Said their internet was down. Very abrupt but said parcel was posted and they had put tracking number on rating...well I don't have a rating from them. Then said he would get back to me..Finally sent a snotty email saying parcel was at post office and to go collect it...and thanks for blaming him WTH? Ummmm so how is this anyone else's fault? Anyway will collect items tomorrow. Thanks for all the assistance

miraclebabycaw

ok all sorted. His internet was down. Postage was done. I have now received the items. Guy sent apology by mail..think his English not 100% so seemed very abrupt, but all sorted now.

admin

Thank you for the feedback miraclebabycaw, happy to hear you are sorted.

Thread closed. Thank you.