Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

I need help please ...

lilythepink

I am urgently looking for a gluten free cake (preferably cup cake!) recipe.

Yes, I've looked on the internet but if there is someone on the forum who has a tried and tested recipe - please let me have it!

Thanks.

JohnBenn

I can make mud-cakes:grin:.Want the recipe?(Just kidding)

wayjen

I have a cake of soap that must be gluten free cause it taste yuck.

kyle2
I have a cake of soap that must be gluten free cause it taste yuck.

I think Lily meant to say glutton free, in which case you won't be invited Wayne...........:laugh:

svw

:laugh:...Lily will get all excited tomorrow morning when she checks this thread expecting recipes only to be met with the likes of you lot - mud pies, soap and gluttons - better watch out or she may take the glue out of gluten and stick you lot up for good...

Not1CentMore

Wayne is a just a 'gluten' for punishment... [ATTACH=CONFIG]3741[/ATTACH]

On a more serious note, Janet, if you are looking for 'cake-in-a-box', Betty Crocker now offers gluten-free cake mixes (also a few recipes here): http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/gluten-free-baking-mixes

Betty Crocker has not made it to Tennessee, but can be purchased (by the case) at Amazon (Amazon.com: betty crocker gluten free mixes: Grocery & Gourmet Food). If you decide you want to buy Amazon and they won't ship to your corner of the flat map, just yell. I can order, receive and ship to you.

You might also check out: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2009/09/gluten-free-cake-cupcake-recipes.html.

Ruthie

joy3.gif.1b6da7da114ec06a3fa8fd2b92b1f214.gif

lilythepink

Thanks everyone for your comments. At least they have given me a smile to start the day.

Ruthie, I've searched the internet but not come up with anything suitable (or tried and tested, which what I really want!) So I continue to live in hope ...

voldermort
I am urgently looking for a gluten free cake (preferably cup cake!) recipe.

Yes, I've looked on the internet but if there is someone on the forum who has a tried and tested recipe - please let me have it!

Thanks.

I hope I'm not in twit mode today but wouldn't gluten free mean no flour? If so why don't you just substitute gluten free oats in place of the flour?

svw

Rye flour is a good substitute - most bakeries use it to make rye bread - maybe your local supermarket might even be able to sell you some just check that it is 100% rye and not a blend.

Jongleur

Use rice or maize flour.

lilythepink
I hope I'm not in twit mode today but wouldn't gluten free mean no flour? If so why don't you just substitute gluten free oats in place of the flour?

Oats would be far too bulky for a cake or cupcakes.

But - hear ye, hear ye ...

I've managed to make some delicious cupcakes using rice flour. I just adapted the recipe I have for ordinary cupcakes, bought some Xantam gum powder and BoB's your uncle (literally this time!) the cupcakes have turned out beautifully. I am now expecting a visit from Wayne before MrA eats them all!

Edited by lilythepink

lilythepink
Rye flour is a good substitute - most bakeries use it to make rye bread - maybe your local supermarket might even be able to sell you some just check that it is 100% rye and not a blend.

That's an excellent suggestion, thanks a ton. But wouldn't rye flour make the cupcakes look slightly dark? (They are supposed to be vanilla cupcakes, gluten free, after all!)

svw
That's an excellent suggestion, thanks a ton. But wouldn't rye flour make the cupcakes look slightly dark? (They are supposed to be vanilla cupcakes, gluten free, after all!)

Yes - rye flour would be a bit dark but for muffins - lovely...especially if you make banana ones or even use a carrot cake recipe to make the muffins - it's fun experimenting. You can even make a whole lot and freeze them - just pop into the microwave as needed. I love rye bread - not because I am allergic to gluten but I just prefer it.