Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

I Am Speechless.............

voldermort    10
voldermort

I really am speechless - speaking now with my buyers hat on I purchased an autographed item about 2 weeks ago & received item today, the item itself deserves to be thrown away - I queried this with the seller & asked if I were indeed sent the correct item as in the description it is stated this item is in very good condition & this item is anything but.

The reply.......

I thought you purchased it only for the autograph, never mind send it back & I will refund you.

Well hello, what the hell is this all about? If the item is in such crappy condition shouldnt it be mentioned in the ad, why now must I go to the bother of rewrapping & reposting this thing that I bought in good faith thinking it was in very good condition as stated in the ad.

I am feeling most disenchanted at the moment.

JANDS    10
JANDS

Vol, I buy an item which is described as "Working and in good condition". Arrives with one very patent breakage not clear on pic and further damage inside which supposedly was "Tested by a professional". Clearly a touch unhappy I e-mail the seller whose reply went something like this: " I dont want it back, you can buy something else from me if you find something you like...haha." :wtf: This was one of those "Oopbek" moments. Times like that I wish I smoked ganja so that I could say..."Heeeeey, thats coooool bru." Being seller and buyer gives one a clear perspective.

voldermort    10
voldermort

I do realise that this seller has said return it & they will refund but that is not the point - the point is that it is a bloody cheek to tell such a blatant damn lie, this item is fit for the dirtbin & nowhere else & yet in their ad they say very good condition??.

At the very least I would have expected an apology, something along the lines of "oops I'm so sorry, indeed I did make a mistake & sent you the incorrect item" not merely a "never mind, just return it & then bugger off" - and this seller knew exactly what a crappy item it was they were selling hence my paying 2 weeks ago & still not receiving a positive rating.

Being both a seller & buyer leaves me with my hands tied as well, as giving this seller a negative which they rightly deserve will no doubt result in them buying something from me further down the line & playing *** for tat.

I have gone past the oopbek moment & am now at the very dikbek moment :sowsuser:

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Do you have a link? please.I can't really comment because I'm not sure what you bought.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Do you have a link? please.I can't really comment because I'm not sure what you bought.

What I bought was a piece of shite!

alloway65    10
alloway65

The last word...is just as a Scotsman would say it!!!!:push:

dstorm    10
dstorm

That's it. I always suspected that Samantha is a Scot.

JANDS    10
JANDS

Vol, Sam....I understand the disadvantage of selling and buying as you describe. I think the moment I started selling, I made peace with the fact that somewhere someone is going to be unhappy with me and drop a neg on me like some flying cow with diarrhea. So be it, Like Garfield tells Monday "Do it to me now, get it over with." We can only trust that a serious buyer will take a peek at the whole picture, those people that expressed their appreciation for the extra mile we walk for a buyer, not for the ratings, but because who we are, is expressed in the way we do it, beyond words. I have two sellers who have made me unhappy, may the Rands I paid them give them precisely the joy they need. The few out of my pocket impoverished my spirit not one of its moments.

Having said that, please understand that I despise liars and frauds. I dont believe in poetic justice in the ordinary sense, but I do believe that they are robbing themselves of something they dont even understand. Sad isn't it? Takes one bacteria to curdle our milk.

Looking back on what I have written here I realise that it is probably not helping your case but the intention is and was to soothe. I think all of us at times feel that murderous rage.....takes another soul to calm those moments....I hope I did that a little and perhaps brought a smile.

Have a truly great evening. Jan.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

This is why BoB should insist that actual photos of all items for sale must be listed and not some glorious internet photo ,all defects must be listed , it is essentially fraud and seller should be taken to task about it .I purchased a clock once ,, it came without a glass and movement , seller refused to refund ,, said I should have asked first .I SAY NO ACTUAL PHOTO ,, NO BUY !!!!!.

voldermort    10
voldermort
That's it. I always suspected that Samantha is a Scot.

Samantha McIntosh, not bad, but will just need to do a wee bit of explaining to Dimitri :sneaky:

alloway65    10
alloway65
This is why BoB should insist that actual photos of all items for sale must be listed and not some glorious internet photo ,all defects must be listed , it is essentially fraud and seller should be taken to task about it .I purchased a clock once ,, it came without a glass and movement , seller refused to refund ,, said I should have asked first .I SAY NO ACTUAL PHOTO ,, NO BUY !!!!!.

A few years ago re the selling of Gemstones it was ruled that only original pictures should be used and not Generics. However if Generic photos were used this should be clearly indicated on the Gemstone sellers page.

Unfortunately I think this has fallen by the wayside for a lot of Gemstone sellers!:suspicious:

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

I would rather not comment im Welsh.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Perhaps voldermort needs to comment in French?!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Perhaps voldermort needs to comment in French?!

Sam is French ?

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn
Sam is French ?

What's the French for meteorite?:blink1:

I'm still curious as to what was bought...

voldermort    10
voldermort
Sam is French ?

speechless again, or in Afrikaans...oopbek weer :wtf:

admin    0
admin
Sam is French ?

No no no, she can't even make French toast......

voldermort    10
voldermort
No no no, she can't even make French toast......

This is true however I can make waffles with boysenberry syrup & cream, so.......ha :thinking:

kyle2    10
kyle2
This is true however I can make waffles with boysenberry syrup & cream, so.......ha :thinking:

You're going to get Wayne all excited again with this offer..........make him a stamp sized one and post it off to him, he'll enjoy that.:grin:

kyle2    10
kyle2
A few years ago re the selling of Gemstones it was ruled that only original pictures should be used and not Generics. However if Generic photos were used this should be clearly indicated on the Gemstone sellers page.

Unfortunately I think this has fallen by the wayside for a lot of Gemstone sellers!:suspicious:

Yep, they are not adherring to the code, aaarg, that was set forth by the pirate captains Bartholomew and Qball, not actual law twas, more like guidelines..........Bunch of buckaneers the whole lot of them gem thieves......:thinking:

alloway65    10
alloway65

Just like the Fake Aluma (Plastica) Wallets that were banned on BoB a few months ago....now the are back in force....unless these are the real thing!!!!:worried:

Edited by alloway65

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
What's the French for meteorite?:blink1:

I'm still curious as to what was bought...

French for meteorite is Surface To Air Missile. Even computers are scared of them.

voldermort    10
voldermort
French for meteorite is Surface To Air Missile. Even computers are scared of them.

My word - it is everywhere :suspicious:

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Now, don't go and get Météorite en colère contre nous.:blink1:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Now, don't go and get Météorite en colère contre nous.:blink1:

Hmmm .... something about getting a meteorite upset or angry. Or dikbek.

From a Sam missile to an ICBM. Merde. Take cover!