Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Algae!

DestinysAngels

Hallo BOB and Members,

We have a problem with our pool, the algae :disgusted: has grown into the marblelite making dark-brown blotchy stains, pool chemicals doesn't stand a chance :sick: any advice would be greatly appreciated!:smile1:

Many Thanks,

Mari'

kyle2

Hi Mari, you're going to get all sorts of advice some simple, some complex, but the one way to get rid of algae is to destabilise their living environment.

This is how my Dad did it, I've done it and others whom I showed how to do it were happy with the results.

1 to 2 litres of acid in the pools weir in the morning, 500grams chlorine in the weir at night, repeat for 3 to 4 days, black pool will be blue, algae gone off the walls, and happiness is........:smile:

Once the algae is dead, see how bad the stains are, you may have to lower the water level and use a type of acid that is available at most pool shops to rub down the affected areas, this moves the marbelite coloring around over the afected area and blends it back in.

hope this helps.

Edited by kyle2

Jongleur
Hallo BOB and Members,

We have a problem with our pool, the algae :disgusted: has grown into the marblelite making dark-brown blotchy stains, pool chemicals doesn't stand a chance :sick: any advice would be greatly appreciated!:smile1:

Many Thanks,

Mari'

30 % Hydrogen Peroxide @ .02 % of pool volume.

DestinysAngels

Thank you kyle2 and Jongleur i really appreciate your advice, i will give this over to my husband and let you know the results, have a great day further!:smile1: