Sign in to follow this  
prettypegagirl

Urgent Advice / Help needed

prettypegagirl

Hi guys,

I bought something last night on a BuyNow listing. I then went on and made the payment with BobPay (eft). After about an hour the seller contacted me via email with the following:

Hi prettypegagirl.

Listen sorry to do this but I need to cancel this listing and sale. I just received a call from my mate who said he wants the unit so I promised it to him and then saw you paid as well. I saw its your first sale on BidorBuy and you had me cancel on you, but don't stress I'm sure the EFT can be returned quickly.

I have already logged a ticket with Bidorbuy to cancel the listing and then I just go your paid email.

Sorry for the inconvenience, please accept my apologies.

WHAT DO I DO NOW??? BTW It is the first time someone cancells on me, help please

lilythepink

Oh dear. This is just not kosher on the part of the seller!

Send an email immediately to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and explain the situation to them. Otherwise send a PM (private message) to qball (Cuan) on this forum and ask him to attend to the matter for you.

Best of luck. Rest assured that not all sellers do this to buyers, especially new buyers!

prettypegagirl

Thank you, I've emailed it to communitywatch. I really hope this can be sorted asap.

PS. I'm definately not so new to BoB, been a member since 2006

JANDS

I had that happen recently on an item I really liked although I had only bid on it. I wish I had had a webcam at that moment filming my face. To see bewilderment, hysteria, rage and chew marks in the keyboard captured in cyberspace would have been precious to show the family. I posted the seller who was very apologetic which calmed me down. We all make mistakes at times eh? I do feel that if someone lists something on Bob for sale, it is sacrosanct. It remains there regardless. I do a market once a month and no items Bob-listed go there.

Good luck to you though.

prettypegagirl

Up to date I had no answer from the community watch, so I emailed the seller asking for a refund now, will keep you guys posted if I do get a reply

qball

The team will respond shortly, it seems as if your mails have not been answered yet as you have sent multiple emails and to different email addresses - bobPay and Comm Watch. This can cause delays as many staff can deal with the same issue and increase the response times when multiple emails relating to the same issue are received. We do apologise for this and you will receive feedback shortly.

miraclebabycaw
Hi guys,

I bought something last night on a BuyNow listing. I then went on and made the payment with BobPay (eft). After about an hour the seller contacted me via email with the following:

Hi prettypegagirl.

Listen sorry to do this but I need to cancel this listing and sale. I just received a call from my mate who said he wants the unit so I promised it to him and then saw you paid as well. I saw its your first sale on BidorBuy and you had me cancel on you, but don't stress I'm sure the EFT can be returned quickly.

I have already logged a ticket with Bidorbuy to cancel the listing and then I just go your paid email.

Sorry for the inconvenience, please accept my apologies.

WHAT DO I DO NOW??? BTW It is the first time someone cancells on me, help please

It can happen. I am sure there are a lot of sellers (myself included) who sell not only on bidorbuy but other avenues. It's always murphy's law that you have something sitting and no one wants it, then as soon as you sell it in one place, someone else in another place wants it. I had to delete my fish tank today as it was on another site, and a guy wanted it. He came to look at it today. At the same time he was here I had another email from another site asking to come see it, and a question on Bidorbuy as well..yet no one has looked at the tank in over a month. Same thing probably happened here. It does suck though especially if it is something you really wanted.

prettypegagirl

Just want to update that this was sorted, I was refunded in full, thanks a lot guys

admin

Thank you for the feedback prettypegagirl, happy to hear you are sorted.

Thread closed. Thank you.