Sign in to follow this  
svw

It's a sign of the times........

svw

Indeed it is...still trying to get over the shock of what I have just witnessed - the guilty party - my 20 year old son!

This morning my son dashes into the office, cell phone glued to his ear inbetween this muttering to me that he needs a pen and a scrap of paper. Not giving this a second thought I hold a pen up whilst still reading through my e-mails and pointing in the direction of the printer - plently paper there. Next thing the sound of ripping paper catches my attention - at first I was so dumbfounded words became stuck as I stood there witnessing the sight of him standing with a torn page out of the dictionary... Needless to say on regaining my composure he got blasted for defacing a book and not any book, a dictionary - of all things.

But it was his reply that totally floored me "Mom, it's old, outdated - if you need a dictionary just google it -any word you want you don't even have to spell it correctly, google does that for you! Plus you have a selection of dictionaries which are up to date...current...new words are being added all the time... Mom, you have got to get with it - It's a sign of the times"

Well - thank's a lot boy - I really appreciate the advice. Next time you ask me to play taxi or lend you my car...my reply will be - sorry BUT twenty years ago when I gave birth to you, your legs were in perfect working order - lungs, well formed - eyes, excellent - so with the cost of fuel these days, take all these attributes and put them to good use - start walking...sorry but it's a sign of the times!!!!!!:whistling:

Edited by svw
Check spelling with the use of Google !

JohnBenn

You should ask him,how is he going to find what he's looking for in an Eskom blackout.:blink1:

booksallsizes

Sign of the times indeed...

The other day a 30-something old woman came into the bookshop with her teenage son - he reeled back in horror when he saw he was in a bookshop and said "Mo-ommm, books? You're such a dinosaur!"

alloway65
You should ask him,how is he going to find what he's looking for in an Eskom blackout.:blink1:

A Generator with a full tank of petrol!!!!:whistling:

svw
A Generator with a full tank of petrol!!!!:whistling:

LOL...that's the answer I would expect...love to see the look on his face when it runs out of petrol and he gets handed a jerry can and a pair of takkies - no doubt I will be told something like I need an upgrade...

lilythepink

Such is the joy of raising a son - but we wouldn't have it any other way, or would we?

svw
Such is the joy of raising a son - but we wouldn't have it any other way, or would we?

Tell me about it - not just one son but four all between the ages of 17 and 22 - even though they can drive me mad at times I certainly wouldn't have it any other way and miss them like hell when they are not around!!!!!!

JANDS

I learnt my speling from dicshinarys and pinball, back in the day when Escom meant a steady flow of volts you had no televishun for. Now they brag about left click and right click and scroll........I had left flipper, right flipper and TILT :mad:

JohnBenn
I learnt my speling from dicshinarys and pinball, back in the day when Escom meant a steady flow of volts you had no televishun for. Now they brag about left click and right click and scroll........I had left flipper, right flipper and TILT :mad:

hahaha......:whistling: