Sign in to follow this  
Cheetah10

Listing fees.... I'm just curious...

Cheetah10

I am primarily a (compulsive) buyer (of stuff I don't need - but enjoy the gambling addrenalin rush of winning an auction below market)... but I do occassionaly list items for sale as well.....

One thing that bugs me though.... is the listing fees for Items selling below R10 ..... (I''m not implying that the listing fees are expensive.... I think it is fair).... but on average, I do a priority listing and a title page listing amounting to R15.... and the lowest listing cost I have seen is R5.....

Now, if anyone (Seeds for Africa for instance)..... list all their 1,000's of items ranging from R0.75 to around R3..... at R5 per listed item..... and then have the pending success fees to pay as well..... How on earth do they stay in business??....

Maybe there are listing options which I have not seen yet.... or a negotiated discount for some super sellers.... Just how do they do it??....

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I am primarily a (compulsive) buyer (of stuff I don't need - but enjoy the gambling addrenalin rush of winning an auction below market)... but I do occassionaly list items for sale as well.....

One thing that bugs me though.... is the listing fees for Items selling below R10 ..... (I''m not implying that the listing fees are expensive.... I think it is fair).... but on average, I do a priority listing and a title page listing amounting to R15.... and the lowest listing cost I have seen is R5.....

Now, if anyone (Seeds for Africa for instance)..... list all their 1,000's of items ranging from R0.75 to around R3..... at R5 per listed item..... and then have the pending success fees to pay as well..... How on earth do they stay in business??....

Maybe there are listing options which I have not seen yet.... or a negotiated discount for some super sellers.... Just how do they do it??....

If you list an item as per normal auction or buy now without any enhancements then the listing fee is NIL-!you only pay the success fee when sold.

If you list on promotional auctions such as crazy wed or weekend special then you pay a listing fee of R5 Plus any enhancements you may wish to use.

Hope that clears it up.

Neil

lilythepink

I know that when buying seeds, for instance, there is a price given per seed but the buyer is obliged to take 10 or 20 or 50 of a particular seed and that ups the total sale price. Some coin sellers do this as well - they have plenty of coins on offer and the bid is PER COIN, with the buyer having to take and pay for all the coins. This might explain why even low-priced items appear to be worthwhile for sellers?

qball

I think the easiest answer is that not all items are enhanced. Sellers with lots of items generally pick the top sellers or interesting items and enhance those to maximise their ROI. They generally do not enhance every single one of their listings.

Cheetah10

Thanks..... I was not aware of (or dit not see) the "unenhanced".... option.... in future I'll do my listings a lot cheaper....... and... shame.... deprive BOB of a few bobs..... Thanks for clearing this up.... (I don't sell my stuff in any case... so might as well go for the cheap option)

Edited by Cheetah10

qball

Enhanced listings are completely optional. When you create your listing you have a number of tick boxes, which if remain un-ticked, no enhancements will be selected and charged for.

Cheetah10

I'll celebrate..... so glad I asked...... Thanks Golfball, STAMP and lilly..... I'll be listing a lot more in future.....

JohnBenn

"Golfball, STAMP"......hahaha....sorry this was a much needed laugh for the day:whistling:

voldermort

Just for a second there I thought I saw Goofball Stamp..............:wondering:

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Just for a second there I thought I saw Goofball Stamp..............:wondering:

I think all us stamp people are a bunch of GOOFBALLS, are we not??