Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

R.I.P. George

dstorm

Hello to all Gauteng stamp collectors

A very late entry… but…

Our fellow SAPDA member and of my best friends George Swarz passed away last Saturday evening (10 days ago) after suffering a stroke.

Being the unassuming person that he was and mostly keeping a low profile, the gap that George will leave in our lives might not be immediately realised.

He attended all of the Gauteng monthly fairs, where his typical dry Austrian humour always changed the day.

He used to pick me up for the Sandton and Pretoria fairs and once a year we used to take the “long road” to Sasolburg. The hours spent in his car just talking about the stamp market will always be on my mind.

He visited at least once a week for one or more double Douwe Egberts and the talk always swung towards his Sarawak collection.

At the 2009 “Exhibition with a Difference”, George was one of those people who gave his labour for free – he chose to do the most modest (and least recognized) part of tightening the “number 10” screws (400 in total) of the exhibition frames. For this he got severe blisters on both his thumbs. He modestly declined a whisky… and he was back on the Sunday to do the dismantling – this time with an electric device.

We can always make money. We cannot replace our friends.

My sincere condolences to his wife and the rest of his family.

Jacques

As I have said previously in another post, time is precious. Let us draw the circle closer.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

JANDS

My sincere condolences Jacques. There is apparently an inscription on a wall in China which translated, means "Enjoy yourself, it is later than you think."

candle.gif

Edited by admin

kyle2

My condolences to the family and expecially to you Jaques, true friends are the rarest thing, losing one is tragic and the gap they leave is seldom filled.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

lilythepink

Deepest condolences, Jacques, on the loss of a good friend.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

MiemsJewels

My sincere condolences on the lost of your friend, Jacques.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Sincere condolences to you Jacques as losing a good friend is never easy and please convey my condolences to his family.

Regards

Neil

candle.gif

Edited by admin

voldermort

So sorry to hear, Jacques, sincere condolences.

58f5a73bb8e15_DoNotWeep.JPG.f9dc553b7c4c00460ed7004ca8f6fb53.JPG

candle.gif

Edited by admin

admin

Condolences to you on losing such a great friend Jacques and also convey my condolences to his family.

Andries

candle.gif

Edited by admin