Sign in to follow this  
mrmouse

A little bit worrying

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

How is this possible ???? I have had someone contact me about an item I have for sale , the person is unknown to me ,and wants to know if It is me (the person he sent the sms to ) MrMouse selling the item on BoB , I havent dealt with this person before , where did he get my cell number from ,If I knew him he/she wouldnt have to ask if it is my product for sale .but would know who mrmouse is .its an expensive item and im now a bit concerned about my privacy .I dont use my username anywhere else .Has this happened to anyone else .

wayjen    10
wayjen

Happened to me too, and also wondered how they got my cell number when I had not dealt with them before.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

im a bit concerned because the cell it was sent from is very busy on the web looking for high priced high value items ,in wanted ads , jewelry , watches . gold etc .

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

The only way this is possible is if you had a buyer complete checkout - at which point in time your full details would be displayed (i.e. the buyer ordered the item from you).

I would certainly ask the person phoning how they got your contact details - in all prior cases we did find that the caller did complete a transaction before.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I wouldnt stress too much over this, as we get this often and more often than not it is a previous buyer or someone who knows a previous buyer and has got our contact details from them.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

This person is definately unknown to me , when told the sale will only be done on BoB he backtracked and hasnt contacted me again ,,,,(so far ) , that was after numerous sms`s asking for better prices and making absurd offers , meet me with cash etc .and in case the person is reading this ,,, if you want the product do a buy know and pay the advertised price .I will not respond to any more sms`s .

miraclebabycaw    10
miraclebabycaw

Perhaps they have a friend who bought from you. I had that happen, someone bought TCP ages ago, then a "friend" of his called me a couple weeks after asking where he could buy it. We didn't have any left, but this guy had my username and cell from his friend