Sign in to follow this  
moodTime

Shipping Label

moodTime

Hi,

Would it be possible for Bidorbuy to offer different styles / fonts for the Big Shipping Label option. The reason I ask is on more than 3 different occasions different SA Post Office staff commented to me "oh you selling on Bidorbuy" just by them recognising the standard Bidorbuy shipping label which we are able to print under "Big Shipping Label".

I asked the one guy how did he know, turned out he is a buyer on Bidorbuy. I am just wondering perhaps a lot of the parcel theft (especially WITPOST HUB) is due to the fact they know what to look out for.

Regards,

David

kyle2

Good question, never really thought about it that way......

MacMuffin

I always thought that the shipping labels look anonymous enough (i.e. no branding etc). If you guys have any suggestions how the shipping labels should look like (or what would make it easier for you), we will certainly have a look at it.

moodTime

Prehaps a few different fonts and sizes to choose from. LOL I also thought the labels look anonymous enough. I was actually shocked when they asked me the question. After this I have been printing all my labels in word.

alloway65

As suggested above, it should be possible to change fonts and size etc.

admin

....and maybe an extra line or two for the seller to use. I like to print the tracking number below the address in case the sticker gets damaged.

This is an address on the system from one of my recent buyers :

xxxx xx xxxxx

Postnet xxxxx, Suite xx, xxxxxx Road,

xxxx

xxxx

South Africa

This makes the label too big and looks tacky so there is space needed to sort this before printing the shipping label.

Edited by admin

kyle2
I always thought that the shipping labels look anonymous enough (i.e. no branding etc). If you guys have any suggestions how the shipping labels should look like (or what would make it easier for you), we will certainly have a look at it.

Thanks Mac for this, as all who have replied have said, a little more flexibility would be nice, as an experiment I tried to modify the lable manually, but could only highlight a single line at a time, it seems that the settings are very rigid.

Certainly being able to change Font type and Size would be a good place to start.

amcintyre

I've also recognised BOB labels on other people's items to be posted off, while waiting in line at SAPO.

moodTime

Any news on offering more flexibility on the shipping labels?

While in the Post Office today a guy in the queue piped up "oh those are bidorbuy parcels" It is amazing how these anonymous labels are so recognizable :surprised: just shows how many people are bidorbuy customers.