Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Columbine Part 2?

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Completely nuts,I've been following the story on CNN,exactly the reason why civilians should not have access to automatic weapons.They were designed for one thing only - to slaughter of humans.This loser even had access to a gas grenade.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Over there you can buy guns from a pawn shop. In 2009 I was with my son in law and we were cruising pawn shops as I was looking for something and each one was selling guns of all kinds and in the one a guy stuck his head in the door and asked the owner if he had any bullets to sell, the owner said he did not but I was still shocked so suggested we make our way home.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn
Over there you can buy guns from a pawn shop. In 2009 I was with my son in law and we were cruising pawn shops as I was looking for something and each one was selling guns of all kinds and in the one a guy stuck his head in the door and asked the owner if he had any bullets to sell, the owner said he did not but I was still shocked so suggested we make our way home.

Unbelievable.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Some 'nut' (the only way to describe him). There is no reason, or excuse, for any one to do what this person did. What set him off? Who knows. Could be something as simple as him not being able to find the 'mate' to a sock or as complex as the human brain. My heart hurts for the families of those injured / killed....and even for the family of the person who did this. So many lives changed forever by the actions of one 'Cuckoo For Cocoa Puffs'.

Most pawn shops here are LICENSED to buy and sell guns and ammo. Just like every licensed gun dealer, they are mandated to run background checks on the person who is buying the gun. Each State has it's own rules for purchasing a gun (long / short arm), but ALL have to be in compliance with Federal laws. In Tennessee, we do not have a 'cooling off period' for hand guns, shotguns or rifles; some States do...3 - 5 days. If a 'red flag' doesn't 'wave' when the individual's info is run through both State and Federal data bases, then he/she can walk out the door with his/her purchase(s).

I bought my .22, .38 (four total), .40, .45 and M&P15OR NEW at a reputable, licensed pawn shop and my 12- and 20-guage shotguns at Walmart. I was 'run' through the system in both places. I like guns. It is as simple as that. I am a 'responsible' gun owner and would never use any of them against another person UNLESS that person came into my home uninvited with not-so-good intentions (and here is where we can agree to disagree all day long - I am not going to ask the uninvited person to sit down for refreshments and discuss his / her intent for breaking into my home). I live in the 'boonies' and law enforcement is at least a half hour, or more, away. That is enough time for the 'bad guy' to rob, rape or kill. (Breaking into my truck or car in the drive or the shop is totally different. It can wait until law enforcement arrives.)

Unfortunately, for every hundreds of thousands of responsible gun owners, there will always be a few that should not have been allowed to buy an inch-long piece of string, much less a firearm. And, even if this person had not been able to buy one 'legally', if he was THAT determined, he could have easily bought one that had been stolen from someone's home or 'smuggled in' from another Country. Taking guns away from law-abiding citizens is not going to stop a person with a criminal mindset from getting his/her hands on a firearm.

There is no way to 'crazy proof' any corner of the flat map.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

kyle2    10
kyle2

I bought my .22, .38 (four total), .40, .45 and M&P15OR NEW at a reputable, licensed pawn shop and my 12- and 20-guage shotguns at Walmart. I was 'run' through the system in both places. I like guns. It is as simple as that. I am a 'responsible' gun owner and would never use any of them against another person UNLESS that person came into my home uninvited with not-so-good intentions (and here is where we can agree to disagree all day long - I am not going to ask the uninvited person to sit down for refreshments and discuss his / her intent for breaking into my home). I live in the 'boonies' and law enforcement is at least a half hour, or more, away. That is enough time for the 'bad guy' to rob, rape or kill. (Breaking into my truck or car in the drive or the shop is totally different. It can wait until law enforcement arrives.)

Ruthie

Holy Cr@p Ruthie! You would fit in well in this county for sure:bigsmile:................

wayjen    10
wayjen

There must be a Militia down in Tennessee. I see they also having issues there with the building of a Mosque.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Ruthie - you sound like the proverbial gun-toting grandma'!!

In SA you'd be lucky to get a licence to own even one gun. And the gangsters tote illegal guns here so I've never been quite sure what purposes the licences in SA actually serve!! The only gun we have around is a 6mm BB one but it looks real enough to scare off any crooks (I think; as we've never had to try it out!)

wayjen    10
wayjen

I have a Grease Gun!

kyle2    10
kyle2
I have a Grease Gun!

As bizarre as that statement is, it does not surprise me Wayne, you are a slippery customer, all I have to throw at them is verbal abuse...:wacko:

wayjen    10
wayjen

It's a family heirloom, my father used it on his hair and his Ford Fairlaine then I got it and used it when I baked cakes and greased the baking tray.

kyle2    10
kyle2
It's a family heirloom, my father used it on his hair and his Ford Fairlaine then I got it and used it when I baked cakes and greased the baking tray.

I have no comeback for that...............WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHaahahahahahhhhh................lol Well done Wayne....:bigsmile:

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
I have a Grease Gun!

That'll work! "Humpty Dumpty" protection; the 'bad guy' will have a 'great fall' and his head can't be put back together again.

Lily... that's just it. Law abiding citizens will live within the law and a 'bad guy' will 'thumb his nose' at the law be-it a firearm or a motor vehicle; license or no license, rule or no rule. It's not the 'piece of paper', it's the 'character' of the individual.

Wayne... yes, seems to be a big 'hoopla' with a couple of Mosques in Tennessee. Simply put, there is a lot of 'pushing' from both sides; those who don't want it in their Community and those who want it built. It is like the 'elephant in the room'; everyone sees it, but no one wants to talk about it.

Ruthie

kyle2    10
kyle2
It is like the 'elephant in the room'; everyone sees it, but no one wants to talk about it.

Ruthie

I hate Elephants in a room........................they stink up the place....:ninja:

wayjen    10
wayjen
I hate Elephants in a room........................they stink up the place....:ninja:

yeah, there's like a tusky smell hey?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think you mean "musky", Wayne?! Or is there a new odour around called "tusky"? Did you pick it up from your bag ladies?

wayjen    10
wayjen
I think you mean "musky", Wayne?! Or is there a new odour around called "tusky"? Did you pick it up from your bag ladies?

If you actually read the thread you would know I meant Tusky!

kyle2    10
kyle2
If you actually read the thread you would know I meant Tusky!

Tisk Tisk, Tusk Tusk Wayne!..........Lol.

Musky Tusky Wayne got all Huffy over a Musty Musky Tusky!:bigsmile:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Yes, Wayne. I did read the thread! I didn't mean to offend you!

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes
Yes, Wayne. I did read the thread! I didn't mean to offend you![/QU

Don't worry, Lil - he's just being fusty :ninja: