Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

1889 durban banknote

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Can one of the experts throw some light on this[ATTACH=CONFIG]3685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3686[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3687[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3688[/ATTACH]

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

The experts must be away for the week-end, geewhizz.

An interesting find of yours!

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I am getting used to being ignored.

Even when someone asks for advise in the antique thread and they get an answer one does not even get a thank you. Seems the norm around here.

I am just a number behind a box.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

I don't know anything about coins or old notes,but this is the closest I could find.

A 5pound note with an estimate of $750.00 - 1,500.00 USD:shock:

Archives International Auctions

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Thanks I have seen that one.I have done a few hours of research on the internet but cant find this particular note.

Maybe I can get rich on this one and bow out of here because that is all I feel like doing right now

Edited by geewhizz

voldermort    10
voldermort
I am getting used to being ignored.

Even when someone asks for advise in the antique thread and they get an answer one does not even get a thank you. Seems the norm around here.

I am just a number behind a box.

No Pam, it is not the norm. I think most people here on the forum do acknowledge any advice given & are happy to receive an answer to a query, obviously you will always get the one or two who are just blatantly rude & have their manners stuck in an unspeakable place but so what, to hell with them & just make sure never to bother with them again.

Perhaps also on occasion nobody has an answer for you? We don't all know everything, well I do but that's just me :cool:

Anyway you really should stick around, who else would we acquire grand words such as banter from :bigsmile:

JANDS    10
JANDS

Gee-whizz...Life changed from way back then when we were young 'uns. Pressured day was filling your petrol tank with 30 cents while the guy sweated and life whizzed by at a neck breaking 40 mph. Lemme catch mah breath here....I think we live so fast and furiously that few have the time to stop and practice old fashioned courtesy. The art of good or clever grammar is going for a ball of shite. Have u nt seen? Appropriate response is "rme" and we gave them that. Perhaps a pause and realisation that the old gaurd who believed in decency and manners, are somewhat thinning while the rest chase the fatness life promises in the glossies and cleverly-physched adverts. So from a fellow who usually sits and watches life...."hello" Thou art not alone.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3695[/ATTACH]It is normally a waste of time asking the self-made dealer to part with their knowlege.

I have had to discover my information over the last 30 years in the "school of hard knocks" just as much as any other dealer.

I am not stupid ,I know what is hot and what isn't.

If I cannot find an example on internet it confirms my gut feeling

I get a question."I saw your note on the forum and although I can't help you I am interested.Would you consider closing at R1000" ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Heehee

328584222_d41102f064.jpg.7ea488b73114a0e124b15697f3d65978.jpg

Edited by geewhizz

JANDS    10
JANDS

I'll swop you a Bles Bridges vinyl for those notes. Even throw in some Abba.:biggrin:

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
I'll swop you a Bles Bridges vinyl for those notes. Even throw in some Abba.:biggrin:

I had to acquire this note, from a pile of yucky notes offered to me, by my own craftiness and threw in another two in order not to raise suspicion.:bigsmile:

Edited by geewhizz

JANDS    10
JANDS

I'll swop your crafty for my cranky and raise you a "Die Antwoord".

collectors investments    10
collectors investments

The note is a Standard Bank of South Africa Limited Ten Shillings from 1883.A very rare note and catalogues in "Herns" at R8000 in VG , R16000 in F & R20 000 in VF.Nice find.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
The note is a Standard Bank of South Africa Limited Ten Shillings from 1883.A very rare note and catalogues in "Herns" at R8000 in VG , R16000 in F & R20 000 in VF.Nice find.

Many thanks

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

You're a lucky fish again, geewhizz. Should go a way to helping with your trip to the UK??!

Thanks for the answer collectors_invest! The question interested me, too.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Haha............ha

JANDS    10
JANDS

Gee whiz....can I touch you for a loan?

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I don't need to sell a not to give you a loan

JANDS    10
JANDS

When I am big like you lot, I also want to be able to say that....:bigsmile:

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri