Sign in to follow this  
photowiz

Newbie Seller Bidding Advice

photowiz

Hi everyone,

I've registered a while ago to try and sell a few things at specific price, but I'm still curious about the bidding process in regards to being the seller, hope someone can clarify this for me.. :bigsmile: My main question and worry is the following, If I have a high value product of about R2000 and only achieve to get bids up to R1800, won't I lose on that product with the bids that I saw starting at only few rand?? What if the bid stops short of its real value?? :shock:

Thanks

admin

Hi photowiz,

Welcome to the forum.

The easiest way to get the price you want is to list it with a reserve price.

Reserve Price

When listing their items for 'Auction' sales, Sellers can optionally set a 'Reserve Price', which is the minimum price that they are willing to accept for the item. This amount is set before the auction starts and is never disclosed. In order to win an auction with a reserve price, your bid has to be equal to or higher than the reserve price. Reserve price auctions can be identified by the reserve icon Reserve Not Met. Sellers cannot set a reserve price and starting bid price such that the starting bid is more than 20% lower than the reserve price.

How to Buy - Step 2: Bidding and buying - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software

wayjen

Put your starting price at R2000 then.