Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

Advice on relisting

booksallsizes

I am finding relisting a nightmare... Always have but found things a little easier with the pick list - but seem to have lost the art there too... :sad2:

How do sellers with 100+ items (all different) keep track and how do they relist so that there are no duplicates. I have to go through listings one by one and it takes FOREVER...:ninja:

Any advice would be much appreciated

lilythepink

I think geewhizz or Wayne would be the best to advise you here!

By the way, mellowred (aka Cuanette) sends greetings to everyone on the forum.

wayjen

I am not sure if you remember but a long time ago I had an issue with "closed items and "unsuccessful items" because basically they were doing the same thing. I asked mac to look into putting a system in place where one of those two links would have your item on it AND how many listings were left which made it easier to see when the item would close for good so you could relist it and that made things easier. Now I look at the "closing soon" feature and "pick list" those items that have no relistings over or I go to the "closed listings" feature and pick list those items that have closed for good but you need to be careful with that one as you need to adjust a few things to see what is closed and what is open.

Balls it's hard to explain without showing you on the pc but I hope you get the idea. It is a nightmare and sometimes I by chance get a closed listing and you guys sometimes pick up my duplicate listings because it is hard to keep track of everything if you don't have a system in place.

alloway65
Balls it's hard to explain without showing you on the pc but I hope you get the idea. It is a nightmare and sometimes I by chance get a closed listing and you guys sometimes pick up my duplicate listings because it is hard to keep track of everything if you don't have a system in place.

Make us a Video then Wayne and you can also include Erotica tips!!!!!:cool:

I have not even tried the Pick List as yet....seems to complex for me!

wayjen
Make us a Video then Wayne and you can also include Erotica tips!!!!!:cool:

I have not even tried the Pick List as yet....seems to complex for me!

Let me find my webcam and I can make a titorial for you all.

booksallsizes

Thanks, Wayne - I also don't get the 'closed' and 'unsuccessful' listings thing. I think the closing soon way seems to be the best. But WHY is there not an easier way????

The pick list worries me because, if there are items that are closing soon without relists and you add them to the pick list, you FIRST have to delete them and then relist. If you do it the other way, they disappear off the pick list. And into the closed/unsuccessful listings ether. Sigh.

I have so many items that have disappeared for good - can't even find them anymore on the system for some reason.

Oh well, better stock up on the disprin.

voldermort
The pick list worries me because, if there are items that are closing soon without relists and you add them to the pick list, you FIRST have to delete them and then relist. If you do it the other way, they disappear off the pick list. And into the closed/unsuccessful listings ether. Sigh.

I have so many items that have disappeared for good - can't even find them anymore on the system for some reason.

Oh well, better stock up on the disprin.

The system that has worked for me since I started is to have certain items all ending at the same time daily, so for example books & LPs will always end at 6pm & stamps an hour or so later (I do know a lot of sellers have items ending at random times throughout the day & night, I would imagine the time they put the ad to begin would be the time they save it to end - this is fine for a few items but when you have a lot of items, you do need to keep track & I'm not sure you can when you have items ending at random times) this allows me every morning to peacefully see what is ending that day & to relist as necessary. By doing it this way relisting usually takes me not more than 30 mins each day.

I have always stayed away from the picklist, all it does is duplicate items - have a look at some sellers and you will see double listings everywhere, no doubt due to the picklist.

& yaay, they have now also sorted out the Items Not Yet Open to list correctly.......thanks to whoever did it.

wayjen

I am thinking of starting to drink because my method of listing is a nightmare.

booksallsizes
I am thinking of starting to drink because my method of listing is a nightmare.

I've started already...:ninja: