Sign in to follow this  
JohnBenn

FDC signed by Betsie Verwoerd,Carel Boshoff...

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

...Daan Van der Merwe and Anna Boshoff.

Hi.

I found these among the other FDCs I got the other day.First I took it as an address,then last night they turned out to be signatures.I'm just not sure if these are real,if they are then Betsie Verwoerd was Dr. Verwoerd's wife and she married Carel Boshoff who is the founding father of Orania(Google).Daan Van der Merwe and Anna Boshoff I'm not sure about,one site says this and another that.

Has anyone seen another copy of this signed FDC?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3654[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3655[/ATTACH]

I also found the following,but I can't say if it's an auto pen.On the back it says No. 637 of/van 4000.Are these actual signatures?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3656[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3657[/ATTACH]

Thank you,much appreciated.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi John

I would say the voortrekker cover is privately made but is an interesting item with the signatures-i have seen BETSIE AND CAREL a few times and they look genuine-the other two i dont know but no reason why they are not genuine-if i had to price it i would start at around R795 and it could reach more on auction as would be very collectible.

The army signed cover is more common although not all were signed-they are original signatures as autopens were not used for those covers as far as i know.There are many different ones on offer and prices range from R70 UP to a few hundred depending on demand-

neil

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Hi Neil,thank you much appreciated.

You met them?And you sometimes send FDCs to F.W De Klerk to get signed,very interesting.Who else have you met?