Sign in to follow this  
MAK09

Urgent guidance needed!!!!

MAK09    10
MAK09

Hi

When someone said "if something looks too good to be true than it probably is" it is perhaps the truest statement for online dealings. But everyone of us sometime or the other falls for the temptation and regret later.

Anyway, I bidded from a fairly new user, (registered 05 July 2012) and he started listing high-end cellphones which were ending with quite low prices (which I supposed was due to the user being new with few ratings). Today I took my chance and won the auction.

I became suspicious when I received this prompt sounding email a few hours later

Hi uv won the auction for the 9900 blackberry.. How are we proceeding??

I completed checkout and realised the only payment option is the private bank acc. Looking at the 3 positive ratings the seller received, I saw that 2 of them were from buyers who registered on the 10th July 2012. I decided to phone the number given and every time i called it goes straight into voicemail and the voice message is clearly an indian lady, while the name and surname of the person is definitely not an indian one.

I want to buy the phone but dont want to loose the money, nor do I want to risk getting a negative rating.

I know I put myself into this predicament but is there anyway of getting out of it unscathed?

Thanks

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

Hi, if in doubt, DO NOT pay any funds over until you have contacted Community Watch to check it out. They will be in the office tomorrow.

admin    0
admin

Hi MAK09,

Please hold onto your payment until advised by bidorbuy to make payment. The seller has been restricted from listing items and documentation was requested.

MAK09    10
MAK09

hi there

thank u, will await ur feedback.

admin    0
admin

Nicole07 (-1) Blacklisted