Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

A Rare R5 Coin!!!!!!!!

kyle2    10
kyle2

WAAAAHAHAaahahaahaahahaahhahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahah.............Pheeeeeeewww, needed a good laugh. I suppose that dude who paid that much for those coins should consider them unique unto themselves as beng the highest priced coins of that type.

Interesting...........

Empirex    10
Empirex

Seriously, people need to do their OWN homework before parting with such a substantial amount of cash; especially given the current financial climate. People will say anything to ensure their profits keep rolling in. Taking "the word" of a "broker" belonging to the very company he purchased the coins from, well...

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Potgieter asked Du Plessis about the price he paid, and on July 5 received the following reply:

“The price you paid are market related prices. Coins can be bought all over as it is a multi-layered market, but you chose to buy coins from us and that was good. That having been said, if you buy cheap you will sell cheap. It's like people who buy coins on line, i.e. Bid or Buy or eBay for example. These are coins which are offered at low prices and should you wish to resell, I daresay, you would have to sell at the prices dictated by them and not by reputable people like ourselves, because this is where the hosting site auctions would stop, you would not get any growth.”Du Plessis stressed to Potgieter that when she sold him the coins, he was informed that it was a medium- to long-term investment.“I reiterate again that you have bought good coins and would suggest you keep them as long as possible, but we will in the meanwhile provide you with a coin valuation profile of what you have bought."

Translation: You been swindled.

Jedeye    10
Jedeye
WAAAAHAHAaahahaahaahahaahhahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahah.............Pheeeeeeewww, needed a good laugh. I suppose that dude who paid that much for those coins should consider them unique unto themselves as beng the highest priced coins of that type.

Interesting...........

One of my fave pics of the Occupy movement was a woman with a sign above her head that simply said "My ass hurts!"

ass.jpg.602af74fe72dd38a62e1849126cad373.jpg

I know this feeling and, appropos your highest price paid quip, let me try and top that. SA Coin made me want to carry the above sign when I was convinced to part with R860,000.00 for two very rare coins... of only 27 minted half kilo platinum Mandela 90th birthday coins. (see pic below)

After three years, as you'll see in the pic, these guys were selling the coin on the open market for 600K so I thought it time to cash in and buy silver bullion. Long story short: They only paid out 450K each, and I had made a whopping 40K profit on my dosh over three years. I did the math and, at that time, banks were paying 8% pa. had I left it in the bank I would have cleared R233,740.00, so I ended up with a R193,740.00 loss over 3 years.

My ass hurts!

58f5a73b699e9_1-2kgPlatMandela.jpg.29e32cdba2006f12a890ffd101a563b9.jpg

Edited by Jedeye
add pic

kyle2    10
kyle2

I had made a whopping 40K profit on my dosh over three years. I did the math and, at that time, banks were paying 8% pa. had I left it in the bank I would have cleared R233,740.00, so I ended up with a R193,740.00 loss over 3 years.

My ass hurts!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3651[/ATTACH]

You're one of the lucky ones who actually made money and did not lose any! Your ass is only slightly bruised mate........LoL:weeabooface:

Bellcoin    10
Bellcoin

Sad sad sad!

The Mandela coins - have been used to rip so many off.

Jedeye    10
Jedeye
You're one of the lucky ones who actually made money and did not lose any! Your ass is only slightly bruised mate........LoL:weeabooface:

Oh, I forgot one small sum, which I consider a loss... the 120K vat on initial investment, which would bring me a loss of 314K, if I had left it in the bank. A 43% loss over three years. I wonder what these people consider to be medium to long term on coins? Cheeky buggers.

Ambassadors Invest    10
Ambassadors Invest

Not allowed to use term "investment"

According to FICA laws & CPA , a Company is not allowed to use the Term "Investment" in direct sales.

They must be an authorized Financial services provider to do so.

SA Gold Coin Exchange's advert campaign late afternoons on radio 702 is a good example of this.

They make it clear to their customers that they are not an authorized Financial services provider but instead provide you with solid past % stats of gold, so you can decide if its an investment or not.

The gentleman whom bought these coins at those prices will be able to persue legal action should his investment not show a return durimng the time period stated by that company, unless offcourse they are authorized Financial services providers (which I doubt!)

Ambassadors Invest    10
Ambassadors Invest

Hi Bell Coin - I agree.

Just wish people would do a bit more research before buying. So many get ripped off online yet they have the tools right in front of them to just google it and perhaps get a "second opinion" online

R1 Auctions are better for Mandela Coins as as buyer decides the price and a seller cannot be held responsible.

I recenly spoke to man whom bought a Birthday R5 NGC MS66 and was told its solid Yellow & White Gold!....

He paid R27 000 for it AT A FLEA MARKET! (i presume he met seller there and later concluded deal)

Sadly he was a tourist from Germany and now back abroad, he just accepted the loss.

He could have google'd it, would have found out there are plenty of MS66's and no Gold ones within a minute

kyle2    10
kyle2

I recenly spoke to man whom bought a Birthday R5 NGC MS66 and was told its solid Yellow & White Gold!....

He paid R27 000 for it AT A FLEA MARKET! (i presume he met seller there and later concluded deal)

Sadly he was a tourist from Germany and now back abroad, he just accepted the loss.

OH MY WORD!.............That is truely tragic, that seller should have criminal charges layed against them, they have incurred a Huge Kharmic debt by swindling that poor fellow.

Ambassadors Invest    10
Ambassadors Invest

The concerning thing is that they already sold 24!

This is copied from the above site - should be reported as false and misleading information!

[h=3]Celebrate Madiba: Save up to 63% on up to five Nelson Mandela 2008, 90th Birthday R5 - Graded Mint State (MS67) coins[/h]

• Pay R1 980 for one Nelson Mandela 2008, 90th Birthday R5 - Graded Mint State (MS67) coin, valued at R4 264

• Pay R5 400 for three Nelson Mandela 2008, 90th Birthday R5 - Graded Mint State (MS67) coins, valued at R12 792

• Pay R7 900 for five Nelson Mandela 2008, 90th Birthday R5 - Graded Mint State (MS67) coins, valued at R21 320

alloway65    10
alloway65

Normally many dozens are sold and from recollection usually a lower Grade!!!!:shock:

JANDS    10
JANDS

So if SA coin says they are now worth 65k, he should sell them back to them for 55k......win win? According to SA Coin :whistling:

CoinGuideSA    10
CoinGuideSA

Hi All

Hopefully we will be posting a follow up article to the Moneyweb article.

Interesting if the consumer had simply done a search of our website of a "2008 5R Mandela 90th Birthday Rand Mirrored PFUC 69" they would've found some interesting facts about the sales price of this coin, based off recorded public sales over the past 4.5 years.

1yr Average Price: R17596.41 based off 56 sales

4yr Average Price: R17731.88 based off 86 sales

Highest price: R30100.00

I suppose it pays for the consumer to be aware and to his homework beforehand.

Regards

The CoinGuideSA team

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries
Hi All

Hopefully we will be posting a follow up article to the Moneyweb article.

Interesting if the consumer had simply done a search of our website of a "2008 5R Mandela 90th Birthday Rand Mirrored PFUC 69" they would've found some interesting facts about the sales price of this coin, based off recorded public sales over the past 4.5 years.

1yr Average Price: R17596.41 based off 56 sales

4yr Average Price: R17731.88 based off 86 sales

Highest price: R30100.00

I suppose it pays for the consumer to be aware and to his homework beforehand.

Regards

The CoinGuideSA team

Hi

Correction - Highest Price: R47500-00

Graded - FINALLY HERE @@@ Mandela 90th Birthday R5 NGC PROOF 69 Ultra Cameo - First on Bid or Buy @ R1 Start was sold for R47,500.00 on 24 May at 21:57 by EWAAN Galleries in Johannesburg (ID:21572685)

And 2nd Highest Price R31500-00

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/22244698/FINALLY_HERE_Mandela_90th_Birthday_R5_NGC_PROOF_69_Ultra_Cameo_First_on_Bid_or_Buy_Last_One.html

Regards,

EWAAN Galleries

Africa's Largest Numismatic Auctioneer

Edited by EWAAN Galleries

CoinGuideSA    10
CoinGuideSA

Great, thank you for letting us know. As discussed we do have feedback mechanism in the site so members can notify us of any missed trades. We will however add these trades to the database, thanks again.

Kind Regards

The CoinGuideSA Team

Empirex    10
Empirex

I got a feeling the "Mandela Coin Frenzy" will come to an ugly end at some point. It's happened in many other arena's as well.

Something is hyped up so much, but when people try to cash in on their investment... no one is willing to pay the expected price. And things crash.

Naturally gold coins will always retain their value, but as for some of the other coins, I think some people are gonna get burned.

I could of course be wrong though as it's not my field of expertise :wink: