Sign in to follow this  
Empirex

Is this Chinese stamp worth what I think it's worth?

Empirex

Which is quite a bit...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3602[/ATTACH]

And if anyone is interested maybe they can let me know what they think of the following Chinese and Japanese stamps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3604[/ATTACH]

JohnBenn

Hi Empirex

Why do you think it's worth much?Is there a flaw I'm missing?

If not,sorry to be the messenger of bad new, it's a common enough stamp.I find these all the time in old schoolboy collections.

(But some sellers(dreamers) on Ebay for example will yell "RARE,RARE!!!!").

That said, China stamps are hot at the moment,so I won't be surprised if you get the full catalogue value.

As for the third stamp,a postmark collector might find the cancellation of value.

Edited by JohnBenn

Empirex

Thanks for the response.

Well actually I just saw a similar stamp on ebay listed for about $2000 and saw dollar signs :) I'm not much of a philatelist so was seeking some expert help. What is catalogue value for that stamp?

Regards the third stamp, what does something like that usually go for? Not looking definitive prices, just ballpark..

Got part of a family collection I'm looking to sell at the moment and it's seems like quite a daunting task ahead..

JohnBenn

Haha.Yes probably another dreamer.(I once saw someone on gumtree with a 1974 3c Rhodesian stamp - catalogue value R1,for R7000).

Sorry I can't help you with the catalogue value (I have 1955,1973 and 1989 catalogues on world stamps,only my South African catalogue is 2012).But maybe someone else could give you the current value.

The third stamp would depend on the market(cancellations are not yet that big in S.Africa.)It would depend on who sees the stamp and when.And you will also need to find the city where it was cancelled and add that to the description,so that someone looking for it will be able to pick it up through google.

voldermort
Which is quite a bit...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3602[/ATTACH]

This is SG No. 865 of 1944/46 O/P issue. Called Sun Yat issue - value is not even worth discussing.

Empirex
Haha.Yes probably another dreamer.(I once saw someone on gumtree with a 1974 3c Rhodesian stamp - catalogue value R1,for R7000).

Sorry I can't help you with the catalogue value (I have 1955,1973 and 1989 catalogues on world stamps,only my South African catalogue is 2012).But maybe someone else could give you the current value.

The third stamp would depend on the market(cancellations are not yet that big in S.Africa.)It would depend on who sees the stamp and when.And you will also need to find the city where it was cancelled and add that to the description,so that someone looking for it will be able to pick it up through google.

Sheesh, so much for ebay pricing :suspicious:

Thanks for the tips though, put's me on the right track.

Where's the best place to get stamps valued -- just pop into your local stamp shop and have a chat with the owner?

Edited by Empirex

JohnBenn

Voldermort I didn't realize that you sold stamps(Duh! I should have known from your previous posts:blush:).I was under the impression that you sold LPs and books.I checked your listing now and you have some KGV Australian stamps that I'm interested in,but I will have to break my piggy bank:worried:.

Empirex you could add some pics of full pages and we can see if you have something of interest.A stamp dealer will most probably bill you more for an evaluation that the average stamp collection is worth.

Jongleur
Voldermort I didn't realize that you sold stamps(Duh! I should have known from your previous posts:blush:).I was under the impression that you sold LPs and books.I checked your listing now and you have some KGV Australian stamps that I'm interested in,but I will have to break my piggy bank:worried:.

Empirex you could add some pics of full pages and we can see if you have something of interest.A stamp dealer will most probably bill you more for an evaluation that the average stamp collection is worth.

Hee hee hee. Sam - put those prices up immediately. If I recall JB was somewhat

cheeky the other day.

JohnBenn

Cheeky when?I was afraid you two will be derailing my thread:push:.

Like you did on the other thread....veld ponde,Bruce Willis, jets.etc.....

Jongleur
Cheeky when?I was afraid you two will be derailing my thread:push:.

Like you did on the other thread....veld ponde,Bruce Willis, jets.etc.....

For a small fee we can negotiate protection for your thread. We can even assist you

when you break your piggy bank open. Just how big is this Porker ? We have explosives.

JohnBenn
For a small fee we can negotiate protection for your thread. We can even assist you

when you break your piggy bank open. Just how big is this Porker ? We have explosives.

Haha....very small....hard to see with the naked eye:sad:

Jongleur
Haha....very small....hard to see with the naked eye:sad:

No need for concern. My own piggy has suffered terrible mishaps over the years. But he has

also known super porker status now and again. For about 24 hours. Certain among us have

this uncanny ability to know when to raid this poor porker. They are fondly called wives.

And children. And creditors. During this time they are mostly deaf, defiant, and will brook

no nonsense about just how skinny this porker has become in the last 24 hours.

JohnBenn

I know what you mean OR I might have some Jewish blood mixed in with my Dutch and French blood.But I think it might be my Dutch side:blink1:.

Maybe I should sell this 1st printing,no wmk,Penny on Ebay and yell RARE, RARE!!!!!!!!,followed by very bad spelling.I might get 100X it's value.

NZ.jpg.316ac35718a808f8c94ca30a8d84b5df.jpg

Luckily, I still have these to plate(while I wait for my stamps fund piggy to fatten).The great thing about the KGVs are that every stamp has a tiny to biggish flaw,so you can actually relocate their position on the sheet.After this I'm going to need about 7000+ more KGVs.

KGV1.jpg.0d23c4a911207b51a1b784b8cff20bdd.jpg

KGV2.jpg.31bdf938735e5cde6027f4c033e3db8d.jpg

KGV3.jpg.4bb8830f152378e6348967c1306e7e1f.jpg

JohnBenn

KGV4.jpg.0e4c8c2ec9f34593f906846eb7a99e3d.jpg

KGV5.jpg.542b2a8517147c9362dd21a1c6b6d031.jpg

KGV6.jpg.2cbc400608e95dc2e0391aae0c96ad7a.jpg

KGV7.jpg.a8a0a6b5cf2f2319759e202d42bc3ca9.jpg

KGV8.jpg.c604414b20645e423bea1250926cbbfe.jpg