Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

Snow Dogs!!!

booksallsizes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3594[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3596[/ATTACH]

Huxley's first snow - and he went completely mad!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3597[/ATTACH]

My garden early this morning...

booksallsizes

And some random village photos...

village.jpg.f22b05bd6b85f7f1e4bf3ca758db22b4.jpg

58f5a73ad925f_leiwater.jpg.e7e4677134cbbf8d677b11104ebaa978.jpg

58f5a73addd0e_cricketfield2.jpg.8d813acb7430cc9db872473374ca6897.jpg

weir.jpg.6d49c9002cb9ce027ddc725df8bebb03.jpg

Cali Craft and Gems

Beautiful!

It is still too cloudy and overcast here to see much outside, but it is still raining!

Apparently PE is "swimming" and the Lavender Barn near Seaview Road is under water again - it is a double story building and you cannot see the lower doors or windows anymore - water level still climbing steadily.

booksallsizes

Whew! PE's having a rough time. Thinking of everyone there... My folks say it's hectic! That Lavender Barn is apparently built slap in the middle of an old river bed... Shame, man.

svw

Beautifull - reminds me of one of those chocolate box pictures...

retailrush

Lovely photo's - it's always nice to see the snow!

I am off to PE on Tuesday for a week. My sister has made dinner reservations for us at the Lavender Barn for next Friday night - do you think it will be open for business? I've been looking forward to going there so much, I believe it's lovely!

booksallsizes

Lavender Barn....

58f5a73ae3185_lavenderbarn.jpg.ef318515f4d0d5786767f4f64d9cfaac.jpg

Dress casual. Wear a wetsuit...

Cali Craft and Gems

lavbarn.jpg.86b4fe17d5e1017418e3c2b08b4030d0.jpg

Lavender Barn (double storey building) as of the morning of 14 July 2012 - more rain currently pelting down in PE with more on it's way - seriously think you should change your dinner plans!

retailrush

Oh dear - what a shame, I feel really sorry for those people... Water can be so destructive!!

svw
Whew! PE's having a rough time. Thinking of everyone there... My folks say it's hectic! That Lavender Barn is apparently built slap in the middle of an old river bed... Shame, man.

Why on earth build in a river bed? Even if its an old river bed its still a river which in times like this serving a purpose...

booksallsizes
Why on earth build in a river bed? Even if its an old river bed its still a river which in times like this serving a purpose...

It's a question that comes up quite often when it floods in PE....

JohnBenn

Isn't Len in the Eastern-cape?I haven't seen him around.I hope he and he's family is fine.

booksallsizes

Am a bit over it now - we're mid-calf deep and the trees are coming down everywhere. They sound like gunshots. My lovely big pepper tree has crashed all over the garden and the road outside. A few cars have been whacked by falling branches. And there's a powerline outside the house with half a tree dangling from it - hope it holds...

But it IS beautiful...

snowy.jpg.0c65ea77d656dc61f3eeeff1b0c0e694.jpg

Jongleur
Isn't Len in the Eastern-cape?I haven't seen him around.I hope he and he's family is fine.

Hi JB. We are all fine thank you. We live in an area which is not susceptible to flooding but my wife and I have

our businesses near the new stadium and the flooding is severe. We are fine for now but the rain simply wont

let up. Our own premises are fine but we make sure our maintenance programme in good weather keeps us that

way. We happened to look at premises for a new business today while the rain was bucketing down and I am

happy that the place was bone dry, excellent perimeter drainage and well maintained. Come Monday the insurance

companies will have their hands full and the contractors will be smiling all over P.E. with plenty of flood damage

to be attended to.

My biggest problem is my Schnauzers who refuse to get wet when they have to do their thing. I end up getting

soaked even with umbrellas and a raincoat. The ladies in the home are even bigger ninnies so it always falls to me.

The Schnauzers are black and silver. Like the Sharks. They sit under the umbrella with me wondering what brought

this demented state of mind on. Back inside I grab both of them to dry them with a towel which I have to hide away

because wifey will go crazy if she finds out. I get bitten, growled at and in general they fight like lions - this after

cowering in the rain?

I also did`nt know you cant tumble dry wool so I got an earful for malicous damage to property, not being able to

read labels and all manner of insults.

My Bonsai trees are sleeping inside tonight. The poor things are getting drenched every day without the floods. One

is nogal a Natal Wild Fig. Beautiful tree but a proper moffie in bad weather.

So much for the rain. Sharks versus Reds. Bulls versus Crusaders. Pity the Bulls are`nt playing

the Reds. The Bulls still hold the record for the biggest hiding of any team when they beat the

Reds 90 odd 3 or so.

We shall see.

voldermort

But it IS beautiful...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3607[/ATTACH]

Stunning pic.

voldermort
Hi JB. We are all fine thank you. We live in an area which is not susceptible to flooding but my wife and I have

our businesses near the new stadium and the flooding is severe. We are fine for now but the rain simply wont

let up. Our own premises are fine but we make sure our maintenance programme in good weather keeps us that

way. We happened to look at premises for a new business today while the rain was bucketing down and I am

happy that the place was bone dry, excellent perimeter drainage and well maintained. Come Monday the insurance

companies will have their hands full and the contractors will be smiling all over P.E. with plenty of flood damage

to be attended to.

My biggest problem is my Schnauzers who refuse to get wet when they have to do their thing. I end up getting

soaked even with umbrellas and a raincoat. The ladies in the home are even bigger ninnies so it always falls to me.

The Schnauzers are black and silver. Like the Sharks. They sit under the umbrella with me wondering what brought

this demented state of mind on. Back inside I grab both of them to dry them with a towel which I have to hide away

because wifey will go crazy if she finds out. I get bitten, growled at and in general they fight like lions - this after

cowering in the rain?

I also did`nt know you cant tumble dry wool so I got an earful for malicous damage to property, not being able to

read labels and all manner of insults.

My Bonsai trees are sleeping inside tonight. The poor things are getting drenched every day without the floods. One

is nogal a Natal Wild Fig. Beautiful tree but a proper moffie in bad weather.

So much for the rain. Sharks versus Reds. Bulls versus Crusaders. Pity the Bulls are`nt playing

the Reds. The Bulls still hold the record for the biggest hiding of any team when they beat the

Reds 90 odd 3 or so.

We shall see.

Never for one second doubted you & yours would not be safe, what with your sangomie powers & all :cool:

We had to go down to the Waterfront just after midnight on Friday night & the wind nearly blew us, car & all, into the ocean.....was not too nice - then returned home to listen to the shattering of window glass as roof tiles flew off & struck targets before crashing down. Yesterday thankfully the wind & rain had died down,was even sun enough for us to take a walk & survey all the damage done round & about - today however we are back to pelting rain & cold (which I love so am not complaining) :biggrin:

Jongleur
Never for one second doubted you & yours would not be safe, what with your sangomie powers & all :cool:

We had to go down to the Waterfront just after midnight on Friday night & the wind nearly blew us, car & all, into the ocean.....was not too nice - then returned home to listen to the shattering of window glass as roof tiles flew off & struck targets before crashing down. Yesterday thankfully the wind & rain had died down,was even sun enough for us to take a walk & survey all the damage done round & about - today however we are back to pelting rain & cold (which I love so am not complaining) :biggrin:

Safe thank you but this morning on my way to the factories I saw massive trees lying in the road where

we are still able to drive. Many roads are closed with ER services clearing the roads. And no rain or high winds

so perhaps it will start clearing.

voldermort

No sign of it clearing up here at all......off to go find some warm sustenance :weeabooface: