Sign in to follow this  
Empirex

EFT's - How long does your bank take to process?

Empirex    10
Empirex

So I'm with Standard Bank right now and they can take an age to process an EFT, which is pretty annoying...

Even transfers from one Standard to another Standard account can a while :wtf:

So what are other banks like compared to Standard.

Couple hours, 1 day, couple days?

svw    10
svw

I'm with FNB - EFT from one FNB account to another - immediate, including Sundays & Public Holidays. Have noticed that when doing an EFT to ABSA and STD may take a few days - Nedbank it all depends sometimes one day other times a couple of days all depending if doing an EFT over month end or not.

Empirex    10
Empirex
I'm with FNB - EFT from one FNB account to another - immediate, including Sundays & Public Holidays. Have noticed that when doing an EFT to ABSA and STD may take a few days - Nedbank it all depends sometimes one day other times a couple of days all depending if doing an EFT over month end or not.

Man that sucks, I performed an EFT yesterday morning from a STD to STD account and it still hasn't gone through..

Bloody banks.

Mustlovebooks    10
Mustlovebooks

From ABSA to ABSA is immediately. For a fee you can transfer from ABSA to FNB immediately, otherwise it takes a day or two. If you do the EFT from ABSA or FNB to another bank before 12pm, it usually clears by the following afternoon/evening.

qball    11
qball

Standard Bank are notoriously inefficient. They usually experience delays at month end and pay days.

circe    10
circe

with nedbank from account to account is about 2 minutes. from nedbank to absa +- 3 hours in the middle of the month and on month end it can take about 3 days. absa to fnb also 3-4 days. if u use standard bank forget about eft, go stand in the line in the bank.:grin:

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I'm also with Std. Sometimes I strike it lucky and an eft goes through within 2-12 hours. The longest i have had to wait was three working days. I wouldn't change my sub-Std for all the money in the world :love: :toung:

kyle2    10
kyle2
Standard Bank are notoriously inefficient. They usually experience delays at month end and pay days.

I wonder if thats the reason for them changing their slogan from "Simpler Better Faster", they could not live up to it!

Put another way :- They Simply could not do Better than other banks which were Faster.........LoL

I don't like them either, use them as little as possible, their charges are as terrible as their service.

Empirex    10
Empirex
I wonder if thats the reason for them changing their slogan from "Simpler Better Faster", they could not live up to it!

Put another way :- They Simply could not do Better than other banks which were Faster.........LoL

I don't like them either, use them as little as possible, their charges are as terrible as their service.

Especially when you've got seller's enforcing their "within 3 days, or else" payment policy like the mafia :toung: Here's you EFT'ing like a good buyer, but it's your frikken bank that drops (or fumbles in this case) the ball..

But yeah it seems all banks are as useless as the next these days.. but in terms of EFT's, STD is the pits.

PITCREW    10
PITCREW

Yeah Standard bank are the worst. Had a buyer who made immediate payment from Std to Std on an item he bought on the 7th and the BoB EFT cleared 56 hours later.. Thats not month end or payday issues... sounds more like incompetance issues

moodTime    10
moodTime

Nedbank to Nedbank and ABSA to ABSA is immediately, if you make an EFT before 11.59am from Nedbank of ABSA it will clear within a day.

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I am with Capitec . They are brilliant . Same bank payments are immediate and payments from other banks reflect the same day if done before midday and the next day if payment is made in the afternoon . I have been very impressed .

kebs    10
kebs
I'm also with Std. Sometimes I strike it lucky and an eft goes through within 2-12 hours. The longest i have had to wait was three working days. I wouldn't change my sub-Std for all the money in the world :love: :toung:

Same here!:grin:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Never had problems with Standard Bank in the past. I received EFT within a few hours. I won't change to any other bank :love::love:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I've had the odd problem with Standard but (touch wood as I rub my head) nothing remotely as serious as Capitec!

BeautifulBargains    10
BeautifulBargains

At Standard Bank as well, when paying BOB EFT it usually takes less than an hour to clear? Maybe two at the most. :confused:

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I'm also with Standard, and for the most part it shows immediately from another Standard account. Other banks can take between one to 3 working days. I am curious has anybody tried this new transfer cash to cell phone numbers card less withdraw yet?