Sign in to follow this  
kebs

A little moan

kebs    10
kebs

So I receive an email yesterday from a buyer who won a second hand PS2 game from me on Wednesday's auction - for R1. She says her son played it for less than half an hour & it froze. I immediately replied when I saw the email (17H36) stating that I am sorry & to please send me banking info for a refund. I did not question her or even ask her to send the game back. Her email came through at 16H47, but I only checked my pc later.. I would love to be online 24/7, but it's just not possible! The response - when I get home this morning from work, an email from bidorbuy with the same email I received, asking me to contact the buyer? I quickly check - no,the original email was not cc-ed to bidorbuy.. So this buyer, who still has not replied to me, doesn't wait for a reply (even though I replied in 49 minutes!), but goes straight to bidorbuy.. Perhaps she has had a bad experience in the past, but good grief! Give me some time to reply & offer a solution! Anyway, I replied to the bidorbuy email with the same reply I sent her & explained that I had actually already replied & that I'm surprised she involved them (& wasted their time!) before actually waiting to hear from me.. I'm still waiting for her reply.. So what was the rush then I ask you??!!:hm:

voldermort    10
voldermort

& all this fiasco over a R1 item? Can it really be that they thought you were planning a duck & dive with their R1?

Even if it were a R10 000 item they bought surely any person with a bit of reasoning capacity should be aware that not all emails are answered as soon as they come through?

In situations like these that is when I really wonder what the hell goes on in some people's minds :worried:

wayjen    10
wayjen

kebs, we had the same issue but with the Q & A side. A Buyer contacted BoB to ask them to ask us to answer their question, I mean really, REALLY??

Even if we work from home on BoB, we are not on the BoB page refreshing it every few seconds to answer questions or see who bid or delete bids or...or...or...but the Buyers are quick to ask BoB to contact us to answer questions or as in your case answer emails.

Remember Buyers, we can also be out of the country or at a family emergency or getting that much deserved boob lift or "I was not at my pc for 8 months and only got your email/message/bid" now.....

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
kebs, we had the same issue but with the Q & A side. A Buyer contacted BoB to ask them to ask us to answer their question, I mean really, REALLY??

Even if we work from home on BoB, we are not on the BoB page refreshing it every few seconds to answer questions or see who bid or delete bids or...or...or...but the Buyers are quick to ask BoB to contact us to answer questions or as in your case answer emails.

Remember Buyers, we can also be out of the country or at a family emergency or getting that much deserved boob lift or "I was not at my pc for 8 months and only got your email/message/bid" now.....

You dont man your pc 24/7 ? You have a life other than pandering to buyers needs on BoB ? Is this allowed ?

kebs    10
kebs
You dont man your pc 24/7 ? You have a life other than pandering to buyers needs on BoB ? Is this allowed ?

Alas yes, I confess I do... Where's Admin for my penalties? :sneaky:

wayjen    10
wayjen

I sometimes have to change my underwear in case my webcam goes on unexpected, I'll be better organised when my adult diapers arrive in the post too.

Baby steps my Young French Ladder, baby steps.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

I had three buyers contact Bidorbuy last week to ask them what the tracking numbers of their parcels were!

I phoned the one buyer and told him that he could have just contacted me with the same request, as I have an e-mail address and a cellphone number listed. He told me that he would rather phone Bidorbuy, as it is cheaper on the 0860 number!!!

These guys found a new way to waste the time of the Bidorbuy staff.

kyle2    10
kyle2
I had three buyers contact Bidorbuy last week to ask them what the tracking numbers of their parcels were!

I phoned the one buyer and told him that he could have just contacted me with the same request, as I have an e-mail address and a cellphone number listed. He told me that he would rather phone Bidorbuy, as it is cheaper on the 0860 number!!!

Thats totally pathetic on the part of these buyers, they obviously have confrontation issues and can't deal with their own problems, they probably even still wear nappies and get someone to change it for them too......:thinking:

kebs    10
kebs

An sms to your cell may still cheaper though! & probably quicker..

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

That is almost incredible - although there are some eejits out there who might make that buyer look like a quantum physicist...

Would have thought that an email would be the cheapest way by far - but that is just me I suppose...

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

This is getting out of hand. I really feel that the staff at Bidorbuy are getting held up unnesseccary. I am just one seller. How many queries do the staff have to handle that could have been avoided?

I have another two buyers who actually took the time to e-mail me. They send the e-mail to me, but cc it to hello@bidorbuy.co.za.

Then Bidorbuy forwards the same e-mail to me and I have to answer both parties. This is just wasting time!

It is not as if the buyers do not know what the status of the orders are. Apparently they "missed" the e-mails on their sales orders.:hm:

wayjen    10
wayjen

We get an email from BoB asking if we can contact a Buyer as they are looking for a book we might or might not have, the funniest thing about it is that the Buyer had just bid and won a book by the same author and could have asked us if we had the book or even LOOKED to see that yes there was another book on auction.

Spoon feed.......spoon feed........spoon feed........

There is something like customer service but really, REALLY???????????

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Sorry to trash every thread with my woes.Right now I want to be spoon fed :hm:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Use a drip it's better, you just lie there.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Why are you blase today Pam.....if you think of these three things (taken more or less directly from Bill Bryson) you should never be blase again:

THE WAY I SEE IT, THERE ARE THREE REASONS NEVER TO BE UNHAPPY.

First, you were born. This in itself is a remarkable achievement. Did you know that each time your father did what fathers do he produced roughly 25 million spermatozoa - enough to repopulate Britain every two days or so? For you to have been born, not only did you have to be among the few batches of sperm that had even a theoretical chance of prospering - in itself quite a long shot - but you then had to win a race against 24,999,999 or so other wriggling contenders.

Being born was easily the most remarkable achievement of your whole life. And think: you could just as easily have been a flatworm.

Second, you are alive. For the tiniest moment in the span of eternity you have the miraculous privilege to exist. For endless eons you were not. Soon you will cease to be once more. That you are able to sit here right now in this one never-to-be-repeated moment, reading this thread, doing whatever you are doing - just existing - is really wondrous beyond belief.

Third, you have plenty to eat, you live in a time of peace and 'Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree' will never be number

one again.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
We get an email from BoB asking if we can contact a Buyer as they are looking for a book we might or might not have, the funniest thing about it is that the Buyer had just bid and won a book by the same author and could have asked us if we had the book or even LOOKED to see that yes there was another book on auction.

Spoon feed.......spoon feed........spoon feed........

There is something like customer service but really, REALLY???????????

Sell spoons. Gold, silver, brass, new, old, vintage, antique, sixes, dozens, singles, duo`s.

Even spoons with little thingies and badges on top that say Kruger Nasionale Wildtuin.

Or Voortrekker Monument - Transvaal. What the heck - it is the patriotic thing to do!

With each purchase a buyer must buy one spoon for feeding purposes until they are all

growed up. How brilliant is that ???

wayjen    10
wayjen
Sell spoons. Gold, silver, brass, new, old, vintage, antique, sixes, dozens, singles, duo`s.

Even spoons with little thingies and badges on top that say Kruger Nasionale Wildtuin.

Or Voortrekker Monument - Transvaal. What the heck - it is the patriotic thing to do!

With each purchase a buyer must buy one spoon for feeding purposes until they are all

growed up. How brilliant is that ???

Splendid, give this man a BELLS!!!

Tomorrow they neg rate me because the spoon don't work.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

" Every good thought you think is contributing its share to the ultimate result of your life." (Grenville Kleiser).

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Splendid, give this man a BELLS!!!

Tomorrow they neg rate me because the spoon don't work.

Or they claim slight imperfections like 0.000000001 grams of gold is missing. "Wildtuin is spelled wrong.

The Kruger is also not in the Transvaal and the silver is in fact some cheap metal like platinum. Neither

were spoons made in the time of Zeus as you claim. It wont help to tell them otherwise. Instead they

will revert to calling you a lying Boomslang and dimand a free trip to Paris.

wayjen    10
wayjen

They can run to BoB then, I can sms uLawyer to 35040 for a free supscription to Lawyers In Love magazine and defend myself in court.

voldermort    10
voldermort
dimand a free trip to Paris.

not on our damn BA first class travel expenses they won't :sowsuser:

voldermort    10
voldermort
They can run to BoB then, I can sms uLawyer to 35040 for a free supscription to Lawyers In Love magazine and defend myself in court.

Jade studied 5 years so far just to hear people saying they can now defend themselves via Lawyers & Lust magazine..........what is now to become of her :worried:

wayjen    10
wayjen
Jade studied 5 years so far just to hear people saying they can now defend themselves via Lawyers & Lust magazine..........what is now to become of her :worried:

She can be Miss July and have a pull out centerfold.

svw    10
svw
She can be Miss July and have a pull out centerfold.

What a waste of five years studying - possibly make more money though...

wayjen    10
wayjen

Yeah just think how much money could be made with Jade as a centerfold wearing her Batman Cape and a smile?

My little crumpet!!!!!!!!