Sign in to follow this  
Whitewolf

Fashion Jewelry info needed

Whitewolf    10
Whitewolf

Can anyone possible help with information of the brand "FASHION JEWELRY". All i know is that it is MADE IN CHINA. I have tried to find some info but dont find any in south africa.

daisyjewel    10
daisyjewel

Hi Whitewolf As far as I know -- many different manufacturers in China use this name -- "fashion jewelry" on their products. Was there something specific you were looking for?

Whitewolf    10
Whitewolf

Hi Daisy Jewel

I am trying to find a south african distributor or warehouse for these products?

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

"fashion jewelry" is another term for "cheap" jewellery

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I agree with BumbleBee's definition of "fashion jewellery"!

windrider    10
windrider

I don't necessarily agree with the definition. Imitation jewellery and fashion jewellery are not the same. I agree both types can look very cheap, but if well made they look great.

I was in Prague a few years back and snagged a few fashion jewellery items for myself and my Mom. They are very well-made, but since they are not trying to imitate expensive jewellery they don't look cheap at all.

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

I have bought a few items with that as a label when I actually knew the manufacturer. As I understand it is basically a generic label that comes with the packaging

noblejewelery    10
noblejewelery

:)I am a chinese ,and sell fashion jewelery,,

the fashion jewelery is nice ,more fashioner ,not too expensive,.....so most people like them..

thankyou!!!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Welcome to the Forum, noblejewelery. Hope you'll be selling on Bid or Buy! I look forward to finding your items.

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Fashion or Costume

Hi all

Just thought I'd post my outlook on this. I am importing from China and the tag "Fashion Jewellery" is basically all it is - ie the tags/cards can be bought separately for the type of jewellery you wish to hang/display them on. I buy boxes full of all types.

I have just read an interesting blog from a large fashion house which for MY purposes has a clearer definition between Fashion or Costume Jewellery:

FASHION - follows a trend or interest in the current market, for example anything Swarovski is basically "Fashion" at the moment.

COSTUME - jewellery that is made from inexpensive/imitation material, could be "Fashion(able)' or not.

the list then goes on to Fine Jewellery, etc,

The two definitions are thus similar and can interchange dependant on the current fashion trends. The biggest problem in my way of thinking is how to define what is Fashion, are we all going to carry on wearing Paris Hilton copies or can we find our own unique trends.

For myself, what I wear is both Fashion and Costume, lol - it's my current trend so I'll wear it if I like it. Being unable to afford Fine Jewellery (and finding it kinda boring in any case) I can dress up or down to suit my mood - Flashy, demure, retro, elegant - you name it, I can wear it!

To answer Whitewolf's question - I import from China, do not pay shipping at all as I share a crate with my Chinese friends, so if you are interested I am looking for someone to sell the stuff for me on Bidorbuy.

Best Regards

Sandy

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Just another thought.

Hi Sorry, just want to add this as well. And once more just my thoughts.

Unfortunately the word "cheap" brings to mind something that is not worth anything. I prefer to use the word inexpensive. I have some really beautiful "cheap" pieces, but when I wear them I get stopped and receive comments about their beauty.

Now that is value to me. I don't get the same remarks when I wear the few pieces of fine jewellery I possess.

I have sold a few pieces basically by wearing them (not the ones I am wearing, but of the same I have in stock).

Also, as to what defines Fashion, just something interesting I have noticed - I have a very large range of Gothic Jewellery (Cheap, so to say), but I sell them at the Fleamarkets at 3 times the prices of Fine Jewellery such as s/s. Strange but true.

moppies    10
moppies
Hi Sorry, just want to add this as well. And once more just my thoughts.

Unfortunately the word "cheap" brings to mind something that is not worth anything. I prefer to use the word inexpensive. I have some really beautiful "cheap" pieces, but when I wear them I get stopped and receive comments about their beauty.

Now that is value to me. I don't get the same remarks when I wear the few pieces of fine jewellery I possess.

I have sold a few pieces basically by wearing them (not the ones I am wearing, but of the same I have in stock).

Also, as to what defines Fashion, just something interesting I have noticed - I have a very large range of Gothic Jewellery (Cheap, so to say), but I sell them at the Fleamarkets at 3 times the prices of Fine Jewellery such as s/s. Strange but true.

BB - I agree with you. I'm also buying and seling the "inexpensive" pieces and are often stopped in town by strangers. Why should I then spend R100's on one piece of jewellery whilst I can by 10 "inexpensive" pieces?