Sign in to follow this  
Pathway

Too, too depressing...

Pathway    10
Pathway

Wednesdays are no fun anymore. Everybody's just piling on the postage. Sigh....:hm:

voldermort    10
voldermort
Wednesdays are no fun anymore. Everybody's just piling on the postage. Sigh....:hm:

I quite agree with you but on the other hand, R1 auctions if you think about it for the majority of sellers are not really feasible.

Unless you are sure you have a buyer who will push your price up you are taking an almighty gamble.

Speaking for myself, each & every item I am selling I have worked hard for, nothing that I am selling was given to me or found somewhere along the way so to my way of thinking I have no intention of playing Father Christmas & taking a risk of possibly selling an item that cost me eg: R500 for R1. That is just more than ridiculous.

Then too a lot of sellers are on BoB trying to make a living, not selling just to get some extra money for luxuries or vacations etc & therefore in a situation where they are able to take this risk but to make a living and I doubt that the R1 auction would be a viable option for them either.

I think what has happened is new sellers emerge, see some ridiculously high prices on R1 auctions, need/want to get some of the action but are not prepared to risk all, therefore..........high postage to cut the losses which they know will occur.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I quite agree with you but on the other hand, R1 auctions if you think about it for the majority of sellers are not really feasible.

Unless you are sure you have a buyer who will push your price up you are taking an almighty gamble.

Speaking for myself, each & every item I am selling I have worked hard for, nothing that I am selling was given to me or found somewhere along the way so to my way of thinking I have no intention of playing Father Christmas & taking a risk of possibly selling an item that cost me eg: R500 for R1. That is just more than ridiculous.

Then too a lot of sellers are on BoB trying to make a living, not selling just to get some extra money for luxuries or vacations etc & therefore in a situation where they are able to take this risk but to make a living and I doubt that the R1 auction would be a viable option for them either.

I think what has happened is new sellers emerge, see some ridiculously high prices on R1 auctions, need/want to get some of the action but are not prepared to risk all, therefore..........high postage to cut the losses which they know will occur.

Reading this post gives me an uneasy feeling. No way can we risk Golden Pounds from the Fields for 1 rand.

Too awful to contemplate.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Reading this post gives me an uneasy feeling. No way can we risk Golden Pounds from the Fields for 1 rand.

Too awful to contemplate.

Don't worry sangomie,our golden field pounds shall never see a R1 auction, not unless we put a substantial hike in postage costs?

svw    10
svw

Whats even more depressing when you have to file a SNC for non-payment on a R1 auction...

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn
Whats even more depressing when you have to file a SNC for non-payment on a R1 auction...

Hahaha (sorry this made me laugh...I needed that, too little sleep last night).

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

....and reported to CW to boot!

Buyer bids/wins R1. Shipping is noted in item description. Winning email notification sent Buyer for total R426.00. CW receives: "i bid on the xxxxx and got the bid for R1, postage however is R 425, that is not acceptable, it's crazy! pls let me know what to do, cause i can't see myself paying that amount".

Reply to CW:

Shipping costs can be verified at www.usps.com from USA to SA.

[TABLE=class: GridViewTable, width: 916]

[TR]

[TD=class: GridViewItemLeft, align: left]Priority Mail® International Large Flat Rate Box

USPS-Produced Box: 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" or 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

Maximum weight 20 pounds.

[/TD]

[TD=class: GridViewItemCenter, align: center]6 - 10 business days

[/TD]

[TD=class: GridViewItemCenter, align: right]$60.95

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

(R425.00 TODAY is $51.69USD).

IF sent USPS Global Priority non-flat rate (same size container), cost would be $49.50USD and time in transit, either option, is NOT carved in stone. With weekends (USPS / US Customs closed) and possible delays US/SA Customs, it can be 3 - 4 weeks. Shoot a bug, I have seen parcels take 10-business days from day shipped to clearing US Customs.

Don't need a crystal ball to see a SNC a-comin'.

Ruthie

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Don't worry sangomie,our golden field pounds shall never see a R1 auction, not unless we put a substantial hike in postage costs?

And of course our Golden Field Pounds are not your common garden variety. So we

want payment in Pounds Sterling. Somewhere in Zurich. Direct flights. Personal delivery.

Shipping costs on R1 auction would be R 1 750 000.00 to avoid incurring a loss. Damn!

Eureka ! I have just discovered how its done. Dont tell a soul even if they beg you.

Could we try one teensy weensy Crazy Wednesday Auction. Pleeeeease.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I find sort after items are the ones that fetch a good price on The R1 auctions.

China does not sell at the best of times unless it is very upmarket.

Most of the items I list are accumalated stock that I have to move.

I have covered my cost and doubled or tripled or X'd my money on those buys so am willing to pass the benefit on to someone else.

I think the Wed crazy has grown as Bob has grown so with more sellers prices will be lower.

I find I get bored wading through all the items listed so do not see all of them.

This does not give sellers reason to up the postage.

There is sometimes so much junk up there.If I think an item does not warrant the postage then I would rather list 2 or 3 together to make it worthwhile for the buyer.

The R1 auctions don't depress me.I feel very demotivated right now.

It is when honesty and loyalty are not appreciated that I become demotivated and blase

voldermort    10
voldermort
And of course our Golden Field Pounds are not your common garden variety. So we

want payment in Pounds Sterling. Somewhere in Zurich. Direct flights. Personal delivery.

Shipping costs on R1 auction would be R 1 750 000.00 to avoid incurring a loss. Damn!

Eureka ! I have just discovered how its done. Dont tell a soul even if they beg you.

Could we try one teensy weensy Crazy Wednesday Auction. Pleeeeease.

BA First Class, if this is speedily paid for (let's say within 30 mins of auction close) we can also arrange overnight delivery worldwide:idea:

Only if you promise to take full & utter responsibility when & if anybody questions our R1 750 000.00 shipping costs + travel expenses:sneaky:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
BA First Class, if this is speedily paid for (let's say within 30 mins of auction close) we can also arrange overnight delivery worldwide:idea:

Only if you promise to take full & utter responsibility when & if anybody questions our R1 750 000.00 shipping costs + travel expenses:sneaky:

Does`nt Mellow handle the postage side ?

And besides, we dont want people bidding who cant read for heavens sake. Or telling us they were mistaken. No freebies. We are not a

government sponsored possie like the SA Mint. Mind you .................

voldermort    10
voldermort
Does`nt Mellow handle the postage side ?

And besides, we dont want people bidding who cant read for heavens sake. Or telling us they were mistaken. No freebies. We are not a

government sponsored possie like the SA Mint. Mind you .................

The last I heard of Mellow she dropped in for a speedy gonzales visit a few days back, since then she has flown off the radar again :hm:

We could always say we shall not accept bids from any illiterate persons, any persons expecting a sudden unforeseen death or funeral in the next few days, any persons expecting their pc's to crash suddenly in the next days, any persons expecting to be robbed within the next few days etc etc ......................

kyle2    10
kyle2

I'm having better luck with the Wed auctions than the Friday auctions, I'm also trying the collection option, been lucky so far, nice bunch of people collecting, my sales are up compared to posted items because of this, postage on R1 auctions is a major bugbear with buyers, so far so good I guess.:wondering:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
The last I heard of Mellow she dropped in for a speedy gonzales visit a few days back, since then she has flown off the radar again :hm:

We could always say we shall not accept bids from any illiterate persons, any persons expecting a sudden unforeseen death or funeral in the next few days, any persons expecting their pc's to crash suddenly in the next days, any persons expecting to be robbed within the next few days etc etc ......................

Then we are set to go. Shipping charges go with a high degree of numeracy. Exacting calculations are required.

And personal to boot ! How dare anyone entertain the thought of questioning shipping charges. And no rude

questions on the auction page either. That will invite every buyer to call us lying Boomslangs and things. I should

be absolutely mortified and sommer get depressed. The truth will no longer be in me. Just cant allow it.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I'm having better luck with the Wed auctions than the Friday auctions, I'm also trying the collection option, been lucky so far, nice bunch of people collecting, my sales are up compared to posted items because of this, postage on R1 auctions is a major bugbear with buyers, so far so good I guess.:wondering:

Got any Golden Pounds from the Fields ?

kyle2    10
kyle2

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone...........:ninja:

voldermort    10
voldermort
Then we are set to go. Shipping charges go with a high degree of numeracy. Exacting calculations are required.

And personal to boot ! How dare anyone entertain the thought of questioning shipping charges. And no rude

questions on the auction page either. That will invite every buyer to call us lying Boomslangs and things. I should

be absolutely mortified and sommer get depressed. The truth will no longer be in me. Just cant allow it.

and no ridiculous excuses for not paying either.....such as this one I got awhile back "I am sorry but I have to cancel the order as I am going to have a baby" - well really now, most assuredly I did not do it & definitely was in no way involved so what on earth has that to do with me :sowsuser:

No getting sommer depressed, if anybody asks us questions or calls us lying swine we will just tell them to take their foot & sack........

voldermort    10
voldermort
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone...........:ninja:

what is your address??????

kyle2    10
kyle2
what is your address??????

Buy something and you'll get it............bring a spade, you got some digging to do....:grin:

(I've always wanted a pool.............):laugh:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
and no ridiculous excuses for not paying either.....such as this one I got awhile back "I am sorry but I have to cancel the order as I am going to have a baby" - well really now, most assuredly I did not do it & definitely was in no way involved so what on earth has that to do with me :sowsuser:

No getting sommer depressed, if anybody asks us questions or calls us lying swine we will just tell them to take their foot & sack........

What did she buy : " How to avoid falling pregnant" ?

I still laugh when I think of the poor fellow who asked on the forum if negative ratings on BoB reflect

anywhere else. The answer came back from (I think) Mr Mouse: Globally.

voldermort    10
voldermort
What did she buy : " How to avoid falling pregnant" ?

I still laugh when I think of the poor fellow who asked on the forum if negative ratings on BoB reflect

anywhere else. The answer came back from (I think) Mr Mouse: Globally.

LOL I remember that, Mr Mouse was quick on the draw that night :grin:

She bought a book on ghosts & reincarnation....don't know who or what she was expecting that put her in a difficult frame of mind :suspicious:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
LOL I remember that, Mr Mouse was quick on the draw that night :grin:

She bought a book on ghosts & reincarnation....don't know who or what she was expecting that put her in a difficult frame of mind :suspicious:

I have mentioned before how troublesome ghosts can become when they get curious.

voldermort    10
voldermort
I have mentioned before how troublesome ghosts can become when they get curious.

& this one was so curious it reincarnated overnight into my prospective buyers babe to be :evil:

kyle2    10
kyle2

I hate Polterghosts..........always need to exercise them...............:nuts:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
& this one was so curious it reincarnated overnight into my prospective buyers babe to be :evil:

I see Ms Plod has graced us with her presence. Ms Plod - where hast thou tarried !