Sign in to follow this  
Empirex

Seller: marcelleellis

Empirex    10
Empirex

What do folks here know about the seller marcelleellis ?

29 ratings mostly for lower priced items.

Please, this is in no way meant to be a witch-hunt or questioning the seller's integrity; just some fairly high-priced items have listed and I'm just looking for some reassurance from people who might've dealt with or know the seller.

kyle2    10
kyle2

Very interesting indeed, complete change of pace for this seller, lots and lots of very high priced items for sale all of a sudden, personally I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but would like to see a few sales go through succefully first before I got involved with buying this sellers stuff.

Empirex    10
Empirex
Very interesting indeed, complete change of pace for this seller, lots and lots of very high priced items for sale all of a sudden, personally I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but would like to see a few sales go through succefully first before I got involved with buying this sellers stuff.

Yeah I hear you.

Unfortunately all the listings end on the same day, so I guess you gotta roll the dice :)

republikein    10
republikein

If the seller agrees to pick-up and cash payment, there should not be a problem...

Empirex    10
Empirex
If the seller agrees to pick-up and cash payment, there should not be a problem...

No pick-ups allowed.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

The seller has not traded in over a year.

All items close on same day.

As a basic seller he must use bobpay and hopefully bob will attach a note to his account not to process payouts till buyers confirm receipt of goods.

This is prime example of supporting documents needing to be requested and verification being done as these are big ticket items.

neil

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

I agree with Neil.

I myself is a bit cautious when the actual images of the items are not shown.(You won't really know what you are going to get.)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Perhaps the ratings on very few sales speaks volumes?

Empirex    10
Empirex

What's happening with this seller - was it a false alarm on my part?

I see the remainder of items have been deleted, and the account is disabled.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
What's happening with this seller - was it a false alarm on my part?

I see the remainder of items have been deleted, and the account is disabled.

I sent a note to community watch and i think a few others did as well-bob must have done some investigation and taken the appropriate action-hopefully no buyers have lost any money -looked like a scam to me from the word go.

neil

Empirex    10
Empirex

Yeah, just hope no one got taken as there was a boat load of cash involved..

marcelleellis    10
marcelleellis

I have no idea why BId or buy has disabled my account as i have done nothing wrong and sent the documentation which they asked for.

kyle2    10
kyle2
I have no idea why BId or buy has disabled my account as i have done nothing wrong and sent the documentation which they asked for.

The Thot Plickens...............

Really hope you are on the level mate...............

marcelleellis    10
marcelleellis

I wouldn't have come onto this forum to try and find out why my account had been disabled if i wasn't on the level.

I have emailed BOB and received no reply.

admin    0
admin
I wouldn't have come onto this forum to try and find out why my account had been disabled if i wasn't on the level.

I have emailed BOB and received no reply.

Hi marcelleellis,

Welcome to the forum.

Did Bennet not speak to you just before 4pm today :confused:

:cool:

Edited by admin
Wrong seller

marcelleellis    10
marcelleellis

I did speak to Bennet and he said there was nothing wrong and that he would talk to the buyer who bid on nearly all of my items but wanted to pay in installments.

What tracking numbers are you talking about?

This thread pretty much amounts to libel, not to mention defamation of character.

admin    0
admin

What tracking numbers are you talking about?

My apologies, I was referring to one of the sellers that gave you ratings, have sent them an email.

marcelleellis    10
marcelleellis

This is insane.

I do not allow collection because i don't want to get robbed, however unacceptable that is for you but you tell somebody i bought items from to remove tracking numbers because it is a security risk.

You people don't make sense.

Empirex    10
Empirex
This thread pretty much amounts to libel, not to mention defamation of character.

I think you need to put yourself in our shoes.

For instance, I have few sales under my belt, and if I suddenly listed a load of high priced items that all end on the same day - I would have no issue in people raising a flag and having BOB hold onto the funds until the goods have shipped and been received.

There is no defamation here. This is the internet. No one should trust anyone without very good reason. This is simply precautionary.

Put it this way, if you are above board, there is absolutely zero to worry about.

In many cases money is more than just money, it equals many hours of blood, sweat and tears - so again, put yourself in the buyers' shoes and see this from their perspective.

admin    0
admin
This is insane.

I do not allow collection because i don't want to get robbed, however unacceptable that is for you but you tell somebody i bought items from to remove tracking numbers because it is a security risk.

You people don't make sense.

Hi marcelleellis,

Allowing or not allowing your buyers to pick up their items is totally up to you as the seller, you have me confused once again with this one. As for the tracking number issue, the not so honest people out there that rather steal other hard working peoples money or postal items can claim your parcel at the Post Office if they have the tracking number and know what is inside the parcel. Which they do should the tracking number be visible to millions of people using the internet, that is why sellers are advised to send the tracking number in an email.

Hope we make sense now.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3642[/ATTACH]...Spot on, Admin!

I always send the tracking number(s) via BoB's Message System. The message is forwarded on to Buyer and I have a record, should there be any question(s), when the info was sent and what was sent.

The Forum guys 'n gals are good folk. A BIG asset to the Community, they are kinda/sorta the 'eyes 'n ears' for Buyers and Sellers. (BoB Staff, as good as they are, cannot be everywhere all the time.) They not only help keep an eye out for that every-once-in-a-while 'scammer', but are also a source of helpful information. You would be surprised at the number of Sellers who 'pop' on BoB, sell a few inexpensive items and then 'wham'!...the 'big ticket' auctions are listed, usually closing on the same day or over a weekend, collecting the monies and 'riding off into the sunset' leaving their Buyers 'holding the bag'.

Ruthie

58f5a73b53649_MOST_P21.GIF.d3c1dd99c9c2ece7c6e52d546cf4b66d.GIF

Edited by Not1CentMore

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3642[/ATTACH]...Spot on, Admin!

I always send the tracking number(s) via BoB's Message System. The message is forwarded on to Buyer and I have a record, should there be any question(s), when the info was sent and what was sent.

The Forum guys 'n gals are good folk. A BIG asset to the Community, they are kinda/sorta the 'eyes 'n ears' for Buyers and Sellers. (BoB Staff, as good as they are, cannot be everywhere all the time.) They not only help keep an eye out for that every-once-in-a-while 'scammer', but are also a source of helpful information. You would be surprised at the number of Sellers who 'pop' on BoB, sell a few inexpensive items and then 'wham'!...the 'big ticket' auctions are listed, usually closing on the same day or over a weekend, collecting the monies and 'riding off into the sunset' leaving their Buyer's holding an empty bag.

Ruthie

That is quite right Ruthie'

What is important here is that we are looking out for and trying to protect the interests of sellers and buyers.

We all cannot afford to lose any buyers and if they are parted from their money dishonestly then we lose them and also that money could have been spent on legitimate sellers.

Some of us have been trading a number of years and while not having seen it all we have seen the typical signs of the chancers.

Two that i famously remember even used the forum to explain in an indignant and self righteous way why the losses incurred by many buyers were not at all his fault but their own stupidity.

The other was a phsycopath who came on to forum and drummed up support and friends (many of us defended him on the forum)while he was merrily scamming all and sundry-

he even justified how he could sell the items for the price he was and could explain away anything presented to him.

He was successfully tried and convicted eventually'

So we have seen some of it but not all and we need to be vigilant at all times and if some toes are tread upon in this process,i suggest they wear steel tipped shoes.

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I haven't forgotten that psycho, Neil! Nor how we defended him! :embarrest:

The Gold Guy    10
The Gold Guy

I dont want to pay in installments like you mentioned, I want to pay for an item, wait till I receive the item, and then pay the next item. It will be safer for me that way. Like I also said, just understand my point of view!

Also, BoB recommended that we can meet at their offices in Bryanston, which you also don't want to do.

kyle2    10
kyle2
I dont want to pay in installments like you mentioned, I want to pay for an item, wait till I receive the item, and then pay the next item. It will be safer for me that way. Like I also said, just understand my point of view!

Also, BoB recommended that we can meet at their offices in Bryanston, which you also don't want to do.

Not an unreasonable request if you are on the level......... Nice bunch at BoB headquarters, you may even get some coffee while you wait.:smile: