Sign in to follow this  
jphotography

Question for Destinysangel

jphotography    10
jphotography

I know that you are very clever with the Yorkies so maybe you can help me. My female yorkie got 3 pups 2 weeks ago, but for some reason her milk is very little, the pups are not gaining weight.

I did give her puppy food all my dogs are on the same puppy food( Vetschoice the blue bag) and also after delivery for 10 days I gave her Hills AD (pure protein) for recovery. But some reason the milk is just not enough, I took the pups and start to give them the Royal Canine puppy milk.

I need some advice as to what can I give her or do to increase the milk

Any advice will be appreciated

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It seems Destiny isn't around and the only advice I can give you relates to cats with kittens ... give her an egg yolk (not the white) mixed with half a cup of undiluted Evaporated Milk and serve it to her twice a day. (Cats just get a few drops morning and night so I have guessed quantity for a little dog.) Also very important is to get her to drink as much fluid as you can and salty biltong helps create a thirst! But I'm sure Mari' will be the best person to advise you. Hope all works out fine.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
I know that you are very clever with the Yorkies so maybe you can help me. My female yorkie got 3 pups 2 weeks ago, but for some reason her milk is very little, the pups are not gaining weight. I did give her puppy food all my dogs are on the same puppy food( Vetschoice the blue bag) and also after delivery for 10 days I gave her Hills AD (pure protein) for recovery. But some reason the milk is just not enough, I took the pups and start to give them the Royal Canine puppy milk. I need some advice as to what can I give her or do to increase the milk. Any advice will be appreciated

Morning jphotography and thank you for the e-mail Janet,

You will need to immediately supplement your Female's diet with Cani-Cal (mix a teaspoon of this in her food - soften the food with kettle water - just a little bit, add some cooked chicken breasts and add a little in as well so that she can eat it all in one sitting - it is imperative that she consumes the Cani-Cal Powder), this should be given daily - not more than 5ml at a time, this is normally done as soon as the pups are born, this will not only increase her milk-flow, but will give her the Calcium that the pups are taking from her at this stage. At this stage i would suggest you feed the pups milk in-between feeds (Royal Canine Puppy Milk should suffice), then keep an eye out over 3 days as you put the pups with her for feeds, you can also stimulate her breasts by massaging them during this time, it should help increase the milk-flow quicker!

I would also like you to go over to Eukanuba Puppy Mini for time being, (don't go over to the food immediately, add this to the Vets Choice over a period of 2 weeks, she can stay on it until the pups are weened!

Give her some Cooked Skinned Breast Chicken and White Rice mixed with a tiny piece of Chicken Stock Cube and Cubed Carrots, Peas and Green Beans, she needs this now especially while feeding her pups, add some of the cubes to it (Mixture of 90% Vets Choice and 10% Eukanuba - this should be increased every three days until you only have the Eukanuba left - this is done to avoid stomach upsets due to sudden change of food), the Chicken and Rice Mix can be given 3 times per week or more and dry food should be readily available at all times!

Add Protexin Soluble to her water daily, this is fantastic for stomachs - can be given the rest of her life! You can as a treat also include some Rooibos Tea - not Normal Tea please, (Luke-Warm) without anything as it contains Antioxidants which is fantastic for their well-being as well, this method is used as Dehydration Mixture as well, i will add the recipe soon for all to see - please remember even if you add the Rooibos Tea, to also have her water readily available at all times!

Please keep me updated (give her 3 days to adapt to the change)!

Kind Regards,

Mari'

PS! No milk products please - No eggs, No Biltong - Salt a no-no for Dogs, No Nothing, only the above!

Edited by DestinysAngels
Corrections!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Recipe: Dehydration Mixture and Treat for Dogs!

Kettle Boiled Water - 1L of Rooibos Tea (6 Sachets), 7 Tablespoons of preferably Brown Sugar, 1 Tablespoon of Salt, let the Tea stand until strong, mix this together and give every half hour 5-10ml depending on the dogs weight, (this is for Dehydration), can be given until the dog drinks by itself or until you can see your Vet in severe cases, this is the same as the Dehydrate Mixture bought in Pharmacies or Darrows (not everyone has this readily available, but this recipe is available in your house when your dog gets sick unexpectedly). You can give them Rooibos Tea everyday without all the ingredients especially the sugar as it could cause a healthy dog to fall ill with runny stomachs (sugar causes this). Water should definitely be freely available as well, i add Protexin Soluble in my water daily. They love to drink the tea when Luke Warm and not cold!

jphotography    10
jphotography

Thank you so very much for the advice, can one buy this cani cal and Protexin soluble from the Vet ?

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Thank you so very much for the advice, can one buy this cani cal and Protexin soluble from the Vet ?

Yes, you can, i also supply it, but you need to start right away!

Protexin-Soluble-250g-180x180.jpg.cb26d87b97b083306dd5838af06d87a9.jpg

Cani-Cal-180x180.jpg.fcc612b098a49bbf63e305db4ad59a88.jpg

jphotography    10
jphotography

Thank you so much for the info

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Morning jphotography

Please let me know how your pups are doing, it's been a while, an update on their and the mommy's progress would be appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Mari'

jphotography    10
jphotography

Hey Mari,

They did not make it, all passed away about a week ago, the Vet thinks they might not have develop properly, I hand fed them with Royal Canine, I really struggled with them as they did not want to drink. The Vet showed me even how to feed them with a tube into the stomach it did not help they gained to little weight. I was so heart broken when they passed away one day after the other they went, first I lost my 8 month old Yorkie due to my stupidity by opening the gate and though she was indoors and a car knocked her down then I lost the puppies, it was not such a good month.

Hubby bought me a new little one I named her Daisy but I am so careful with her now I do not let her out of of sight at all!

Thanks for listening

:)

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Hey Mari,

They did not make it, all passed away about a week ago, the Vet thinks they might not have develop properly, I hand fed them with Royal Canine, I really struggled with them as they did not want to drink. The Vet showed me even how to feed them with a tube into the stomach it did not help they gained to little weight. I was so heart broken when they passed away one day after the other they went, first I lost my 8 month old Yorkie due to my stupidity by opening the gate and though she was indoors and a car knocked her down then I lost the puppies, it was not such a good month.

Hubby bought me a new little one I named her Daisy but I am so careful with her now I do not let her out of of sight at all!

Thanks for listening

:)

I am really sorry to hear about your loss, i certainly know the feeling, next time you will know better - when you plan another litter let me know and i will guide you step by step on the ins and outs, you are most welcome to send me a private message as i get those faster than i would have on the Forum, it goes straight to my e-mail address, good luck with your new pup, i know it cannot replace the pain and loss you experienced but at least you have puppy breath to comfort you some!

jphotography    10
jphotography

Thank you Mari I do appreciate all your help.

jphotography    10
jphotography

Here is my new baby her name is Daisy. Sorry for the bad quality images took it with my phone

Krugersdorp.jpg

daisy.jpg

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

She is absolutely gorgeous, give her a big kiss from me :wub:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I send sympathy to you jphotography on the loss of all your puppies. Not a happy experience for anyone to have to go through.

But warmest congratulations on Daisy's arrival in your life. Hope she's going to bring you many many years of joy and love.

jphotography    10
jphotography

Thanks, yes she is the ruler of this house now. My other yorkies loves her to bit