Sign in to follow this  
Digitrade

e-Mail Notifications?

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

I had no e-mail notifications from Bidorbuy since around 19:00.

I had a question at 19:27 - nothing.

I had sales, orders. EFT payments etc. - nothing.

Everything OK?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

They were probably cleaning out the cat litter box next to their office door!

I've been receiving emails from BoB without any problems.

donovink    10
donovink

Hi Digitrade,

I suspect it could be an issue on your side as I sent you two emails yesterday regarding my order. The first one was returned after 4 hours saying after numerous attempts, the message was unable to go through. The second I haven't had a response as yet so not sure if that went through or not.

Regards

Donovin

Digitrade    10
Digitrade
I suspect it could be an issue on your side as I sent you two emails yesterday regarding my order. The first one was returned after 4 hours saying after numerous attempts, the message was unable to go through. The second I haven't had a response as yet so not sure if that went through or not.

I just received your e-mail. I do not know what happened. Yesterday morning I had an update from Avast Anti-Virus. I installed it, and suddenly my MS Outlook program had all sorts of funny "Whiteflag", "Blacklist" etc tools. This was aparently automatically installed with Google Chrome, which I do not want, as I use IE8.

I uninstalled and everything looked fine again. I did phone My ISP @lantic, and all my e-mails tested in order.

I phoned Bidorbuy this morning, and they said that the IT Department will look into it.

After that my e-mails started pouring in. As a matter of fact, I do not know what went wrong. I had another buyer phone me this afternoon as well who said that her e-mails to me bounced. This is not good, as I might just have buyers who think I do not want to answer them. Everything seems to be fine again.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
I just received your e-mail. I do not know what happened. Yesterday morning I had an update from Avast Anti-Virus. I installed it, and suddenly my MS Outlook program had all sorts of funny "Whiteflag", "Blacklist" etc tools. This was aparently automatically installed with Google Chrome, which I do not want, as I use IE8.

I uninstalled and everything looked fine again. I did phone My ISP @lantic, and all my e-mails tested in order.

I phoned Bidorbuy this morning, and they said that the IT Department will look into it.

After that my e-mails started pouring in. As a matter of fact, I do not know what went wrong. I had another buyer phone me this afternoon as well who said that her e-mails to me bounced. This is not good, as I might just have buyers who think I do not want to answer them. Everything seems to be fine again.

I have a buyer who is with @lantic and all my emals to them are being returned undelivered-Seems like @lantic still have a problem?

neil

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
I have a buyer who is with @lantic and all my emals to them are being returned undelivered-Seems like @lantic still have a problem?

neil

We have noticed a few issues with Lantic, iBurst and MWeb for the last two days. With MWEB for example our mail gets returned as SPAM despite MWeb assuring us, that they are not blocking emails from bidorbuy.

We phoned over 50 users in the last two days and their mail-settings had bidorbuy blocked, but all users confirmed, that they have not made any spam-filter changes. To us it does appear, that there is a glitch with some ISPs, where bidorbuy mail gets SPAM-flagged on the user's account (but not on their system).

It does also appear, that the mail-delivery issue does not just affect bidorbuy, but also other senders. We will keep an eye on it and try to resolve with ISPs, which is always very fulfilling, never painstaking and almost always fun (like watching paint dry).

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have ADSL with Hellkom and although all emails are getting through, from friends, customers and BoB, many of them seem to suddenly be regarded as spam and I have to keep checking the spam box! Very, very annoying indeed but it is clearly not just a BoB problem.

And I still dare not send an email with "Hi" in the subject line. It just won't go through the Hellkom system! But this has been the case of many years so I've learnt to say "hello" rather than "hi"!!