Sign in to follow this  
manunitedlover

Automatic bid increase

manunitedlover    10
manunitedlover

As a newbie here I would like to know how do I increase the "automatic bid" maximum that I have on an item !:confused:

havilah    10
havilah

The last word I read on this topic is that you can't. If you just go ahead and submit another bid, at a higher amount than your original max "automatic bid", you run the risk of bidding against yourself.

If you Google with appropriate search strings (I forget which I used) on mybroadband.co.za you'll find a thread starting in 2009 or 2010, with a few more recent postings - 2011-ish - covering this issue. According to the people involved BidorBuy's view is that the coding doesn't allow an increase in max automatic bidding because so few people want to do it. So if you increase the winning bid price because of a bid against yourself, you would have to appeal to BidorBuy for a refund. You may or may not be successful.

If I'm wrong and there is a way to improve your own max bid without the attendant dangers, I'd be very happy to stand corrected. It's something I've wanted to do in the past as well.

Empirex    10
Empirex

Must confess I would've found an Automatic Bid Increase function quite useful a couple of times already..

RISadler    10
RISadler

Add to this the non-feature of decreasing the number of items you are bidding on ...