Sign in to follow this  
whiterebbit

paying for ,not receiving goods and getting negs

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

I don't want to get into a personal slanging match with a seller here, but this is what happened.I bought 2 R5 commemorative coins for between R1 and R3 each(memory bad ).I then looked for posting costs.It was then I saw the line which stated the seller would not post these two coins to me in one package.I decided to pay for them and told the seller to keep the coins because of his posting rule for a R1 auction.I have never encountered this and did not think it fair to impose an extra R35 on top of R35 I would have paid.So he has my money, he has the coins, and I neutral rated this as a warning to others. He then negged my two bbuys(separately) and embarked on tedious emails to me about my mother etc, which I put into spam,as distasteful and unnecessary.

Since then I have not heard a word from Bob.My ratings have been removed,his are still up.I have other issues with BoB,not replying to me.I feel it may all be connected,I don't know.It was a bad week as I double paid for an order of around R350 that has not been returned to me,holding up a buy that is still to be completed as a result.This causes possible ill feeling with that seller(different ).Why is BoB not communicating with me? And why are they removing my neg and comment while leaving the other guy standing? A very bad week for me on this site!:sad:

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

negged even though paid for goods

Can I be neg rated even though as a buyer, I paid for the goods and told the seller to keep the coins and the money?:notrust:

qball    10
qball

Yes, you can be negative rated for not adhering to the terms of sale. You agreed to the seller's terms of sale which stated no combined shipping and the shipping amount was clearly stipulated. Unfortunately you did agree to those terms and that is what the seller has rated you on - non payment for shipping. Therefore your ratings were removed.

The value of a coin has nothing to do with the shipping - the seller's shipping charges were clear and you decided not to pay them. You also told the seller to keep the money and the coins. If you wish to have your money refunded please contact the seller.

bidorbuy has responded to your email but email responses may take up to 2 days. Your email from Friday was received regarding a double payment and Simphiwe is looking into that, as well as Natashja. Natashja has just replied to your email re: the negative rating.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

These crazy amounts for shipping can leave one feeling as mad as a hatter whiterebbit! Ribloodyiculous that you were not able to combine shipping for two coins - would bet almost anything that the coins would have been posted together anyway... Anyhow, logic and ethic often are foreign words and/or concepts to some of the traders - so my comment is...

Read the shipping - once you have read the shipping - read the shipping again. Then look for anything else about shipping charges in the auction description. Then read the shipping again. Then - if you actually are comfortable paying the shipping - place your bid/order.

Sterkte!

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Different shipping payments on two coins is ridiculous.

No matter the seller's T&C.Everyone has common sense,this seller clearly is using shipping to gain his/her loses.

Please explain to me how a seller can combine shipping on other products but not on R1 auctions:confused:

BoB should remove the buyer's negatives,in this case.The seller is the dodgy one and needs the negatives.This is the only way sellers will stop abusing the shipping system.

kebs    10
kebs

I would pay the extra shipping, but insist that the coins are then sent in seperate parcels... :weeabooface:

kyle2    10
kyle2

Sometimes doing the right thing is a matter of conscience. I sold some of these coins recently to one buyer and noticed that the shipping on MY item was over R100. After checking I found that I had a R5 per item thereafter on the shipping, I contacted the buyer and arranged for him to collect rather than ship a tiny parcel for over R100. (10 X R5 = R50 + R65 speed services)

I now have a customer for life who will always check my auctions and for sale items.

In the abovementioned instance, the sellers terms were clear, his actions were within the rules, but unethical in my opinion.:sad2:

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

Thanks for your replies.I have been SNC'd,negative rated twice(previously 100%), and my own neutral(at first then red) ratings for the seller have been removed by BoB.I am quite frankly disillusioned by this non use of common sense.:notrust: I don't want to deal with this person ever again.Finish.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Much as it galls me, I do understand Cuan's point of view. A buyer does need to read, even the fine print, all the terms relating to a buy now or auction before placing a bid or buying.

But it is also high time that BoB took some action against sellers on the R1 auctions who overcharge on postage and "additional items".

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Thank you Cuan/BoB for removing the buyer's negatives.(This gives me confidence in BoB as a buyer.)

I agree with Lily's last statement.

miraclebabycaw    10
miraclebabycaw

I agree with Lily. I am so tired of people who don't read auctions where you clearly state no collection, then afterwards want to collect, or you do allow pickup because it's a huge item and you specify collection only, and they go and want you to post it. My opinion, if you are not wanting to pay the shipping charges, then don't bid. If anyone should be having fits about high shipping charges it should be BOB as they don't make anything on them. If a guy wants to overcharge on shipping then he will very soon not have any clients or only the odd one. How is that anyone else's business but his or BOB's. No matter how much I agree that it was an overcharge in this case, the point it, a buyer must make sure they are happy with ALL terms and conditions before bidding, otherwise they must ask questions to confirm first.

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit
Thank you Cuan/BoB for removing the buyer's negatives.(This gives me confidence in BoB as a buyer.)

Not sure if you meant my neg ratings removed.They are as red as ever ,still there on my items bought page.Oh well.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Whiterebbit they were gone yesterday why are they back?

Is this you? All ratings received by whiterebbit on bidorbuy.co.za

And this the seller? Items for sale from JonoAurelio on bidorbuy.co.za

If so, and all the negative feedback this seller has,why did BoB return the buyers negatives?

Look at the seller's listings.He/she is clearly profiting from shipping.

I don't get it,this is just not right.

R1 auctions - " 2011 s.a.r.b circulated R5 coins for sale. R35 standard postage.coins are in a nice condition.no combination of postage on one rand auctions"

"south african half cent coins in very good condition for sale.bid per coin to own all.R35 postage.no combination of items on R1 auctions thank you"

Other auctions - "a mandela five rand birthday coin in a sealed capsule for protection uncirculated for sale.R35 standard postage and no deposit fees. seven days to pay"

"a high grade mandela R5 birthday coin graded by ngc at a au 58 grade for sale. R35 standard postage.seven days to pay. picture for display .thank you"

Sure BoB have said numerous times not to bid on an item if you don't agree with the T & Cs,but does that give dodgy sellers the right to swindle unsuspecting new buyers out of money?And thereby loose more buyers on BoB that could have bought from proper sellers?

(Whiterebbit don't worry about this seller,it looks like he/she will be blacklisted sooner or later.)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Cuan's explanation above might just answer your question, JB! Sad as the answer is!

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Lily I saw that,but yesterday those ratings were gone just before I posted...just below you.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I guess Cuan re-thought things? Where is the man so he can explain the situation to us? (Okay, that's a silly question at this time of night but just remember it's one of my Old Timers' days today!)

Edited by lilythepink

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

The reason could be that an snc was pending (ratings are removed when sncs are pending) and that the snc has now been finalised in the sellers favour. Once finalised in the sellers favour the ratings will automatically reappear.

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

Final ,final point.

Whiterebbit they were gone yesterday why are they back?

Is this you? All ratings received by whiterebbit on bidorbuy.co.za

And this the seller? Items for sale from JonoAurelio on bidorbuy.co.za

(Whiterebbit don't worry about this seller,it looks like he/she will be blacklisted sooner or later.)

...........Yes that is me.And the seller you got it. A final point.I DID check the postage.He put the bit about no combinations in a small line on the description page.So I look at the item, I check the postage page and bid.That's why I was caught out.If you have postage conditions ,they should be on that page.I still feel this was deliberate. .He has a lot more neg reds than I will ever have.He'll get his .What goes around hey? Thanks for your input,cheers,WReb.:smile1:-:sneaky:

Empirex    10
Empirex

This is just plain crazy.

Unless BOB is condoning sellers making a deliberate profit on shipping costs, I feel whiterebbit has been very hard done by here.

Quite CLEARLY shipping those two coins together is not only the logical thing to do, but the ONLY thing to do in this situation!!