Sign in to follow this  
admin

I am hungry now....

admin

...scrambled eggs will have to do at this time, where is everybody :confused:

Cali Craft and Gems

Sitting here freezing my behind off contemplating whether to do a few listings or to head off to my warm bed... (about 2 or 3 deg celcius tonight again)

admin
Sitting here freezing my behind off contemplating whether to do a few listings or to head off to my warm bed... (about 2 or 3 deg celcius tonight again)

Bought my very first heater today due to the cold, at least my feet and legs are warm.

Cali Craft and Gems

I bought a paraffin heater about 2 weeks ago - also my first purchase as I don't usually like to sit around a heater (increases your risk of getting sick). This thing drinks the paraffin like nobody's business so we only put it on when really necessary - like if I'm spending a few hours in front of the pc! But I can not live without my heated blanket! (this is also the first winter that I've gone out and bought jerseys and shawls - didn't need it in PE, but then again it never snowed down there either!)

admin
I don't usually like to sit around a heater (increases your risk of getting sick).

Ditto, and with my luck one bar on the heater is not working, so back to Makro I go tomorrow :mad:

Not1CentMore

Burning up! We are in the triple digits with air quality 'purple'...a first for Tennessee. Needless to say, I am inside, aircon set on 77-degrees (cheap...don't want to pay the high electric bill) and wearing... uh, hmmm, well... little more than a smile.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

admin

Thanks for sharing that Ruthie, makes me feel so much better :whistling::laugh:

Cali Craft and Gems

We've experienced our first Oudtshoorn summer, and are now experiencing our first winter... and although summer is pretty much unbearable, I'd much rather be hot than cold! No matter how many layers I pile on, my feet, fingers and nose remain freezing. At least in summer one can have the bare minimum clothing on and there are several ways to cool off. Apparently our "real winter" is only coming in July so if I disappear from BoB for a little while, then you know I've probably gone into hibernation! LOL

Not1CentMore
Thanks for sharing that Ruthie, makes me feel so much better :whistling::laugh:

Better clarify.... It's pretty much 'wife beaters' and 'boxers' in the summer. Gets too hot and it's time for a [ATTACH=CONFIG]3526[/ATTACH]. Didn't take long, with the weather of the last two weeks, for the water to be 'just right'.

Ruthie

swiming1.gif.cdcd750897aa56a20d330ebe0dba6ca6.gif

wayjen

No wonder you lus for scrambled eggs, your burning legs must smell like bacon frying.

wayjen
Burning up! We are in the triple digits with air quality 'purple'...a first for Tennessee. Needless to say, I am inside, aircon set on 77-degrees (cheap...don't want to pay the high electric bill) and wearing... uh, hmmm, well... little more than a smile.

Ruthie

As the saying goes across all internet forums, "pictures or it didn't happen".

kyle2
As the saying goes across all internet forums, "pictures or it didn't happen".

Gonna need them barbie cuffs then Wayne...........LoL

Miss Jewels

Sorry Andries,....you were too late. Served the family with omelette filled with bacon, cheese & egg, rounded off with tomato and avo yesterday morning. Oh yes,...don't forget the french toast and cappuccino on the side! And then I had to remind them to say "thank you" because then I too had to go into the office.

...scrambled eggs will have to do at this time, where is everybody :confused:

wayjen
Gonna need them barbie cuffs then Wayne...........LoL

Wooh!! Hooo!!

wayjen
Sorry Andries,....you were too late. Served the family with omelette filled with bacon, cheese & egg, rounded off with tomato and avo yesterday morning. Oh yes,...don't forget the french toast and cappuccino on the side! And then I had to remind them to say "thank you" because then I too had to go into the office.

Don't listen to Miss J, she's a breakfast tease.

booksallsizes

Just survived a second -6 degrees night in a row... Water pipes frozen again despite all the expensive lagging I put on them... brrrr. Thank goodness for under-the-blanket cats.

lilythepink

Miss J is no tease, Wayne. Visit her and see how spoilt you will be! She's a gal in a million.

alloway65

Quite cold but bright in Jhb! I deserted my office a few weeks ago and work in the dining room with lovely under floor heating....and only trek 20 metres to my office to scan and print orders as well as to collect coin & stamp stock.:cool:

This comfort will end next week when three of our Grandchildren from Australia arrive....it will be an enjoyable sacrifice!!!!:biggrin:

MsPlod
Just survived a second -6 degrees night in a row... Water pipes frozen again despite all the expensive lagging I put on them... brrrr. Thank goodness for under-the-blanket cats.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

svw

..... that was the sound that eminated from the bathroom this morning as hubby jumped into the shower ... so you can guess who is not very popular this morning - I have been accused of emptying the geyser :oops:

booksallsizes

When you spent some time here, did you experience some of our cold? It's really mean and bitter but the stars are amazing in winter... When you can unfreeze your neck enough to look up :ninja:

wayjen
Miss J is no tease, Wayne. Visit her and see how spoilt you will be! She's a gal in a million.

So you keep telling us.

Miss J knows I am teasing.

Cali Craft and Gems

Our youngest cat Phoebe usually only stays under covers for a few minutes before getting on top of the blankets, but she stayed under for about 3 hours last night. They're also feeling the chill...

Little Miss Muffet
Ditto, and with my luck one bar on the heater is not working, so back to Makro I go tomorrow :mad:

Just give Makro a negative rating:colbert:

Little Miss Muffet

I am sitting here loading with a hot water bottle on my lap.

Yesterday it felt like all my organs were frozen.