Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

Why can't i................................................. .........................

alloway65    10
alloway65

Why can’t I Copy text from a Microsoft Word document in my system and Paste into the text box on my BoB selling page without "exceeding" the number of “specified 8000” characters? When the actual number of characters is only a few hundred.

We had this question some time ago on the BoB Forum but don’t know if any easy resolution was reached! :thinking:

voldermort    10
voldermort

Why can’t I Copy text from a Microsoft Word document in my system and Paste into the text box on my BoB selling page without "exceeding" the number of “specified 8000” characters? When the actual number of characters is only a few hundred.We had this question some time ago on the BoB Forum but don’t know if any easy resolution was reached! :thinking:

If I remember correctly it had to be in JPEG - the only way I have found to get around this problem is to screenshot the required page (regardless of the format) then save it with Paint as a JPEG file & then copy & paste it into the text box. Quite the run around I know, but at least it works.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi alloway

MS Word adds extra HTML code which is hidden unless you look at the code of your text in the BoB editor. Those extra characters add to the character count and push it over the limit.

The best way to do this if you want to do it this way is to save the word document as a txt file and then open that file and copy your text into the description box. Plain txt files strip out all html code, so you can then dolly up your listing as you want to.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Tananka! As usual, you are brilliant with the computer stuff - would never have thought of that. I like to do all my descriptions first and then copy/paste and haven't been able to do so - listing seems interminable doing each one as you list. Going to do this from now on - yippee!!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks, Tananka. You are brilliant!

alloway65    10
alloway65

Thanks Sam, Thanks Tananka, your input very much appreciated.:awesome:

With my two BoB listings in question, I printed out the text and then scanned them into my system, then added the relevant text to my two selling pages as I would a picture or a scan.....it worked.:cool:

I will try the easy way next time....Thanks again.:whistling:

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

If you want to go the image route, instead of printing out and scanning you can just press the print screen button on your keyboard and then paste into your picture program (like paint, irfan view or photoshop) after creating a new document, crop it and save at the size you would like.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Thanks Lukeness, I will try this, I must say I have not used the print-screen button for years....when I did it never worked.

Have a good day

David.