Sign in to follow this  
donovink

bobBucks?

donovink    10
donovink

Has anybody else noticed the new bobBucks account/voucher system on their buying page.

Any idea on how we purchase vouchers and whether we can use our money in our bobpay eft account to purchase vouchers that we can then use to pay for items we purchase on the site.

Would be great if we could do this!

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

More info here: Redeeming bobBucks - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software

For the time being, we will not offer the purchase or gifting of vouchers. We will start with promotions in July and every bidorbuy seller accepting bobPay EFT will be automatically enrolled in accepting bobBucks (which is instant cash into your bobPay account).

We will include gifting/purchase options for vouchers before the XMas season though....

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

BoBeft works pretty well. Why do we need bobBucks as well? Won't this be confusing (especially to me!)

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
BoBeft works pretty well. Why do we need bobBucks as well? Won't this be confusing (especially to me!)

bobBucks are vouchers - unlike real money (at least in most countries except Zim), vouchers have an expiry and limited use (i.e. one per user / one per promotion etc). Vouchers will benefit sellers, since they hold monetary value and will be credited to your bob-account immediately.

In the beginning we will use this for offline promotions and competitions (i.e. "Answer this question and win 1000 bobBucks") - unlike with real money gifts, we want users to transact with it on our site.

voldermort    10
voldermort
bobBucks are vouchers - unlike real money (at least in most countries except Zim), vouchers have an expiry and limited use (i.e. one per user / one per promotion etc). Vouchers will benefit sellers, since they hold monetary value and will be credited to your bob-account immediately.

In the beginning we will use this for offline promotions and competitions (i.e. "Answer this question and win 1000 bobBucks") - unlike with real money gifts, we want users to transact with it on our site.

Like Pick n Pay points?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Like Pick n Pay points?

No. It's not a loyalty program (where one earns bobBucks). 1 bobBuck = 1 Rand in real money terms and can be used for purchases on our site.

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Brilliant idea.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

and if you have not checked our Facebook profile, you would have missed a freebie. Congrats to daisyjewel for snapping it up so quickly ;-)

daisyjewel    10
daisyjewel

Thanks so much :smile: I was really impressed with the bobBucks process ... very clever indeed. I can see how it will work very well for buyers and sellers alike.

And I used the R100 voucher towards a cool tintin book for my sons -- Fiction - Tintin - 3 Complete Adventures in 1 Volume (Volume 3) (Hardcover, New ed.) - Herge was sold for R180.00 on 26 Jun at 17:22 by Loot in Cape Town (ID:68727255)

They LOVE the movie and I think they will enjoy the books too!

Thanks Bidorbuy for a fun freebie:smile1: