Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Unusual records--for voldemort

Little Miss Muffet

Can you throw some light on these records.

I have not been able to find anything after much research on internet[ATTACH=CONFIG]3497[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3498[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3499[/ATTACH]

Edited by geewhizz

voldermort
Can you throw some light on these records.

I have not been able to find anything after much research on internet[ATTACH=CONFIG]3497[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3498[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3499[/ATTACH]

Jabula Mfana on one side & Nga Ngi Shela on the other side? Both singing Durban Evening Birds.Traditional African music.1930's I think.

Picture disc shellac 78 - it would be worth taking a listen to make sure there are no scratches (very difficult to see on the picture discs), if there are none you could very easily sell it for a minimum of R500. I myself would start it at R750, even if it takes some time to sell, sell it will at that price.

May interest you to know that the last time it was sold on auction it reached GBP120.00................

I will be collecting my Johnnie Walker Blue shortly as payment for the info :cool:

Edited by voldermort

Little Miss Muffet

IMG_3414.jpg.3664744e9d3b894fbce8e0c0fd4125df.jpgGoodness interesting.I have an American one as and 2 more South African ones

IMG_3406.jpg.4b3bc1c2f0fe270c780bd22fabd503a9.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg.63bc5e9a54cfb21ad552da6385704bd4.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg.07f71f70136998b100f2a4f4584db882.jpg

voldermort

The Peanut Vendor, 1930's Cuban music - sold more for the novelty of the picture disc than anything else

Blues & Jazz - Picture Vinyl - The Peanut Vendor / True And Sincere Love , Don Azpiazu for sale in Cape Town (ID:67796442)

Sponono, again around 1930's, African Traditional - does the other side have a picture of 2 women, one fiddling with the other one's hair?

Last time I saw this on auction went for GBP150+

Now that's enough information - where is my Johnnie Walker Blue?

Alternatively put them as a lot on the R1 Crazy Wednesday & I promise to bid...........:whistling:

lilythepink

Is there anything you do not know about records, voldermort? You are a mine of information.

Little Miss Muffet

A missionary asked me to sell these for her so I cant chance thr R1 auctions.

I will enter them sometime this week for around R550 and you can buy them and make a profit

The other side has a picture of 2 women.

I was just thinking I dont have a record player to test these..

If I end up with a negative Spike Milligan will be grinning.

Edited by geewhizz

dstorm

Hello Samntha

Regarding your item above:

“Turntable, Pioneer Direct Drive Auto Return PL320, with pitch control (as the DJ's use, either to speed up or slow down the music on 33 & 45....seven singles & LPs) note this is an old school item and will not play without being connected to an amplifier & speakers which are not included.”

You forgot to mention the power plug… please make sure that you give all the relevant information.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

voldermort
Hello SamnthaRegarding your item above: “Turntable, Pioneer Direct Drive Auto Return PL320, with pitch control (as the DJ's use, either to speed up or slow down the music on 33 & 45....seven singles & LPs) note this is an old school item and will not play without being connected to an amplifier & speakers which are not included.”

You forgot to mention the power plug… please make sure that you give all the relevant information.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

LOL - lest they imagine this is a new style boombox :cool:

I already feel like such an idiot having to inform people that this will not play by magic - unfortunately though experience has taught me that there are some wonderful people out there who do indeed imagine that eg: a tuner can just be plugged into the power socket and hey presto, the world shall be filled with music :weird: with no help from an amp/speakers etc........