Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Electric Shock Collars for dogs

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

My understanding is that these are banned from being sold on bob? Too many to send individual CW alerts

Dog Apparel - Shock Tone No Barking Anti-Bark Dog Training Control Collar for sale in United Kingdom (ID:68527101)

Other Electronics - Underground Electric 3 Dog Pet Fencing Fence Vibration Training Shock Collar for sale in Durban (ID:68604554)

Collars & Leads - Pet Safe Electronic Shock/Viberating Dog Training Collar with Remote Control (FREE SHIPPING!!!) for sale in Johannesburg (ID:68644678)

Dog Apparel - 300M LCD Remote 2 Dog Pet Training Collar 100Levels Shock for sale in United Kingdom (ID:68527106)

Dog Apparel - 600M LCD Remote Dog Pet Training Collar 100Levels Shock for sale in United Kingdom (ID:68527120)

Collars & Leads - Weatherproof Pet Dog Training Collar with Remote Control (Black and Red Pair) FREE SHIPPING! for sale in Johannesburg (ID:68532645)

Other Electronics - 4 IN 1 training collar Remote Pet Training Vibra & Electric Shock Collar-CE Dog for sale in Durban (ID:68041817)

Other Electronics - 4 IN 1 training collar Remote Pet Training Vibra & Electric Shock Collar-CE Dog for sale in Durban (ID:68041795)

Other Garden, Outdoor Living & Pets - 4 IN 1 training collar Remote Pet Training Vibra & Electric Shock Collar-CE Dog for sale in Durban (ID:68041823)

Other Electronics - Underground Electric Dog Pet Fencing Fence Vibration Training Shock Collar for sale in Pietermaritzburg (ID:68116301)

Other Electronics - Underground Electric Dog Pet Fencing Fence Vibration Training Shock Collar for sale in Durban (ID:68506408)

Dog Apparel - 250M Spray Remote Control Dog Pet Training Collar for sale in United Kingdom (ID:68527139)

Dog Apparel - Shock Dog Pet Training Collar With LCD Remote 300M for sale in United Kingdom (ID:68527105)

Dog Apparel - 3 Dog Pet Training Collar With LCD Remote 600M Shock for sale in United Kingdom (ID:68527121)

Collars & Leads - Pet Dog Training Collar with LCD Display Remote (FREE SHIPPING) for sale in Johannesburg (ID:68112315)

Collars & Leads - PetSafe 100m Deluxe Little Dog Pet Training System for sale in Cape Town (ID:58437390)

Edited by Seeds for Africa

admin    0
admin
My understanding is that these are banned from being sold on bob? Too many to send individual CW alerts

Thanks, will get to them as soon as possible.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

We are now working with the Authorities to get them banned from being used by people who are uniformed, sort of like selling them as a Schedule 4/5 drug, only Qualified Behaviourists may use these or prescribe them, keep thumbs up for us please!:angel:We are busy writing articles on the dangers, if it is accepted and we can come up with a resolution that works, then we are 99% there - this is the only way of controlling who buys and sells them, if it happens to land in the wrong hands, that person will be fined quite hefty!

Edited by DestinysAngels
Added!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

There are far safer ways of using collars to prevent dogs barking - the one I have used just emits a very short, high-pitched sound which is almost inaudible to human ears but it acts as a caution to the dog who then stops barking! No pain at all.

svw    10
svw

As far as I'm concerned electric shock collars are for people who are just too lazy to take the time out to actually spend time training their dogs - agreed some dogs take longer to learn than others but with perseverance lots of love and understanding you can train your dog not to bark unnecessarly.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks for this svw. Now, I think you should drop a notice in my neighbours' letter-boxes!! They simply do not believe me that this is possible despite the fact that my dogs only bark when they are supposed to (i.e. when burglars are trying to get into the garage, or something equally dastardly!) The neighbours think I have "saintly" dogs!

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I have a crazy idea - what about training one's dogs in a less cruel manner, not leaving the dog unatended for hours on end, interacting with the dopg sufficiently in a stimulating manner - eg walking the dog, playing with the dog - or perhaps EVEN, not buying a dog should it receive no attention at all and be consigned, by its self, to a small back yard??

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

The collar is not supposed to be used to train a dog at all, this is where the problem starts - it can reverse the effects considerably, training is quite different than correcting unwanted bad behaviour habits. The collar is supposed to be used to correct unwanted behaviour, for example: barking, jumping and running after cars!

We caught a man driving with his dog running next to the car with the collar on, he told us that he is training his dog and tiring him out therefore the dog won't want to bark but rather think twice, when the dog cannot catch up to the driving he shocked the dog - now this is totally unacceptable - this is how he understood this method of training his dog. Another one would put a round wheel hanging from a tree, the dog is supposed to grab it by it's mouth and hang onto it, believe this or not (for 4 hours at one time), this is to strengthen the jaw so that the dog will be able to pull heavy objects - totally unacceptable again - by selling these collars to uniformed people could cause major trauma for that dog, smaller dogs can die (i am talking about a 1kg dog or less here), there is better ways of training, this is not ethical at all and the damage is so bad that it is pretty much impossible to fix afterwards!

If the collar is used correctly, it will have effect within 3 days, where-after you take it away and the dog actually still thinks that the collar is present but it is not, this is effective and it works, but unfortunately it is not done this way!

The Sound Collars is worse actually, dogs have such a sensitive hearing that you can make the dog go crazy and the effect i have found does not work, it makes the bad behaviour far worse and not better, therefore the shock collars is far better to use but again in the correct manner and by a Professional observing or suggested by them for a specific case, not just for anyone to use freely to hearts content - honestly this is no way to go!

Our problem is all the different China makes you get on the market, it cost a fraction of the price of the real deal, if one really wants to fix a problem, it will be done the correct way, there are expensive ones available on the market and those are the ones that has been approved for usage and they are the ones that should be used if you want to correct unwanted bad behaviours - in the end you the owner has to choose, either take your dog and train it without all these apparatus's or use the easy way and totally turn your dog into a wreck!

Edited by DestinysAngels
Added!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well said, Mari'. Too many people, unfortunately, haven't a clue about training a puppy and by the time it's a few months old the bad behaviour is ingrained. And, yes, too many people just abandon their dogs in a small area of garden and think it's okay for the dogs to bark and yap and howl all day and night. And then the negligent neighbours are bewildered, if not totally "put out", when approached and asked to control their dogs.

Every dog needs more than just food and a place to be cooped up in!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

Both my Schnauzers are crate trained. They are an absolute pleasure to have anywhere and at any time.

It is by far the sensible way of training and managing dogs in the home.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

But I don't think there is a way to train a dog not to roll in cow poo! I am not succeeding with this aspect of life with Ruby, our labrador! I am the one who is being trained to just keep a beady eye on her when we take her into the veld for her exercise runs!

svw    10
svw
But I don't think there is a way to train a dog not to roll in cow poo! I am not succeeding with this aspect of life with Ruby, our labrador! I am the one who is being trained to just keep a beady eye on her when we take her into the veld for her exercise runs!

Who's exercise runs?........maybe there is a method in Ruby's madness - I would say she gets a kick out of seeing you run after her...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well, she does listen when I whistle for her to return to me so I fortunately don't have to run after her! But if I dare look away for a few minutes she is in the poo! :unsure:

moodTime    10
moodTime
admin    0
admin
moodTime    10
moodTime
BMW_M3_CSL    10
BMW_M3_CSL
There are far safer ways of using collars to prevent dogs barking - the one I have used just emits a very short, high-pitched sound which is almost inaudible to human ears but it acts as a caution to the dog who then stops barking! No pain at all.

Hi, can you maybe tell me where I could find of these collars? Thanks

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Hi, can you maybe tell me where I could find of these collars? Thanks

I have one which I can list on BoB for you. It has been used but is still in perfect condition and in its original box. It worked well on our labrador when she was young.

Please send me a PM if you want it!

JANDS    10
JANDS

Collars for dogs? Hum.....send me some and I'll put some big spikes in and can list it in the x-rated section for the kinky crowd and politicians.

svw    10
svw
MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Thanks for listing these svw! Was hoping BoB would have deleted them pronto - but nope... at least one has been sold!

Personalize    10
Personalize
I cant believe people actually use these sort of products on their pets, its really sad. Thanks Admin for the quick responce.

We just came back recently from New Zeeland, and in the last 2 years there have been 4 sucessfull confictions of owners who

used these shock collars. Also Britian has also conficted a dog owner aswell, But it seems these confictions are far to little and

to far apart and the sellers are to many.

Bargain Coins    10
Bargain Coins

i have to get some, but only if i can get them in bulk. i want to send them to the buyers who do not pay their accounts on time as a reminder.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Those types of buyers need choke chains attached!