Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

No Man Enough Is Enough Now!!

wayjen

Where do I start??

We have just received a negative rating for a parcel that has not arrived. The Buyer wins the bid 9/6/2012 and does not pay. We wait and file and SNC. Buyer decides to pay us on 18/6/2012 and we retract SNC. We post Wednesday this week. Buyer rates negative as no parcel is received. A scan of PO Track and Trace shows that parcel is at Germiston hub on 22/6/2012 at 11:03.

Once again straight to negative ratings and no communication what so ever. Are these people morons or what, do we have to spoon feed these people every day? No man enough is enough.

We sell a record and Buyer pays and we rate. Buy goes straight to negative button because record is so scratched and won't even buy it from a shop. We reply via message system that we will refund and all the Buyer has to do is return the item. Buyer decides not to contact us thereby not allowing us the refund and to sort the matter out. I come to Cuan and he says I must ask again via rating system for the Buyer to return the parcel for a refund, guess what, Buyer adds some other comments to rating and still does not communicate to us about the refund. Buyer mentions that the album cover is stuck together with sticky tape yet in my ad I state, for Stevie Wonder to see, that the album cover is damaged and if BoB had the cover they could see that I never stuck the cover together if at all as the Buyer refuses to send the item back for a refund. Once again there is no communication from the Buyer and in both these accounts the Buyers have little ratings less then 10 or there abouts. No man enough is enough.

Why must we send emails out to Buyers every step of the way yet Buyers are allowed to hit the negative button as they see fit? Yes it might be their right to give out negatives or positives as they see fit but what of our rights of reply? What of our rights to make them happy by offering a refund or in some cases a replacement item? You Sellers who actually get replies before you are rated can consider yourselves lucky because some of us get negatives at a drop of a hat without any communication beforehand.

I have contacted BoB again with regards offering the refund and asking them to contact the Buyer.

All Sellers should be offered the right to reply to any rating and most of all the offer of a refund or replacement item just like Buyers are given 14 days to pay for an item won.

Little Miss Muffet

The moral of the second part of the story is...Take a scratched record with a torn cover and dump it.

voldermort

Wayne if the item was delivered and is awaiting collection I am almost 100% sure BoB will remove the negative.

voldermort
Wayne if the item was delivered and is awaiting collection I am almost 100% sure BoB will remove the negative.

Some records have enormous collectable quality, scratches, torn covers and all....just make sure to mention scratches, torn covers etc etc in your ads.

wayjen

Sam I looked at the record and thought the vinyl was good but on a question from another person I mentioned that the feint scratches on it and that they should not affect the playing of the record, maybe it was my fault that I never mentioned the feint scratches in my listing even after I mentioned it under the Q & A but dammit man I said the cover was damaged.

Look even if I FU in the listing we all should have the right to offer a refund which we did but it is impossible to fix something if the Buyer does not communicate and that is something BoB should look at when considering if a negative is in dispute.

voldermort

If they don't want a refund it obviously means they are on a rating power trip at the moment....they gave a neutral to another seller saying item shouldn't be listed as second hand but rather as very well used second hand......say what.......and the seller said absolutely nothing about condition in the ad.

wayjen
If they don't want a refund it obviously means they are on a rating power trip at the moment....they gave a neutral to another seller saying item shouldn't be listed as second hand but rather as very well used second hand......say what.......and the seller said absolutely nothing about condition in the ad.

I see that, this is interesting and I wonder if the Seller has been contacted by this Buyer?

lilythepink
The moral of the second part of the story is...Take a scratched record with a torn cover and dump it.

It might be a good idea for some sellers; for others - there are buyers (like me!) who buy scratched records and turn them into pretty bowls! So everything does have a value to someone.

Little Miss Muffet

Janet is right people turn them into clocks as well or frame the covers.

Nevertheless,the buyer may want to play the record and if it is scratched it should be mentioned.

I do,however, agree that the buyer should give us the option of refunding before placing a negative rating.

Unfortunately if it is a record the buyer has been searching for the disappointment of now having a record he cant use, gets him/her trigger happy with the negative button--human nature.

Rare!! Rare!! First edition Beatles record--Ideal for framing only--Scratched (To hell and gone):angel:

Edited by geewhizz

voldermort
Janet is right people turn them into clocks as well or frame the covers.

Nevertheless,the buyer may want to play the record and if it is scratched it should be mentioned.

I do,however, agree that the buyer should give us the option of refunding before placing a negative rating.

Unfortunately if it is a record the buyer has been searching for the disappointment of now having a record he cant use, gets him/her trigger happy with the negative button--human nature.

Rare!! Rare!! First edition Beatles record--Ideal for framing only--Scratched (To hell and gone):angel:

Pam there is a big difference between an ordinary record buyer and a collector - for example Jade will happily pay R1000 for the 1958 SA issue of Janis & Elvis LP, even scratched to hell and gone and guess what, it always goes for at least 5x that amount (that is on the very rare occasions when it is for sale and when it is for sale, it is always scratched) I have yet to see one listed on Bid or Buy as I have yet to see one that is not scratched.

A record collector will quite happily buy a scratched LP to complete his collection whilst continuing to search for a better condition one - as in most spheres of collecting, a record collector (and I have met any collectors + I live with one) does not - ever - play their records. They will quite happily buy a CD to listen to the music, the records are not for playing.

However I do agree that when a record is scratched, it is imperative to mention this in the ad - however as I think all sellers are aware, there are a lot of buyers who simply do not bother to read.

Little Miss Muffet

Rare!! Rare!! First edition Beatles record--Ideal for framing only--Please read description.

If I want to point out a defect I always include it in the heading.

There is then no excuse for a buyer to give me a negative rating.

328584222_d41102f064-001.jpg.54fc82100c29ac2c6a5bd40a722e7e1b.jpg

lilythepink

Pam, that lady on the computer is YOU! Change your avatar to this. Please? :cool:

Not1CentMore
There is then no excuse for a buyer to give me a negative rating.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3485[/ATTACH]

When you are finished with that 'chocolate shooter', will you pass it this way? I can think of a Buyer or two who would benefit from a couple squirts.

The people who do not READ before bidding are the same ones who don't read the label on canned and boxed goods or directions that 'come along with' everything from toys to garden tools and then complain because 'it' didn't 'cook up right' or 'it' doesn't 'look' like the picture on the box and doesn't 'work' the way it was suppose to.... and 'raise a stink' with store cashiers/managers for their own (putting it nicely) 'mistake'.

Ruthie

Little Miss Muffet

Well at least they cant press a button in cyberspace and tell the world,the aliens and the angels what a rotten trader you are.:biggrin:

wayjen

I must have messed up badly with that record if the rating was anything to go and it's funny that sticky tape was mentioned in the rating when my listing states that the cover is damaged but anyway.

The problem I have is that when I offered the refund there was no communication from the Buyer. When we asked a second time all the Buyer did was alter the rating even more which tells me that they know about the offer. It is disgusting to say the least that this Buyer who is obviously unhappy does not communicate one way or the other with regards the refund.

I asked BoB to send him an email and I am waiting on a reply but should no reply be forthcoming then I feel that the refunding gesture should be taken into consideration and the negative removed.

Whilst I do understand that BoB has a policy with regards ratings, we all know that they can and will and do apply their minds to intervening when they see it is necessary.

What also gets my goat is that when Buyers ask a question on an item and don't get feedback that minute/hour/day they go to BoB and BoB emails us to answer the Buyers question so I was hoping that the same could be afforded to us and that they would contact the Buyer for feedback with this rating matter.

lilythepink

Are you having a Blue Monday, Wayne?

wayjen

Janet it's not a Blue Monday it just ******* me off when you have to deal with unreasonable people all the time. Besides this issue above which has not be solved yet, we had another Buyer bid on an item not pay for it so we filed an SNC then they paid and we retracted the SNC then after 2 days rated us negative because she had not received her parcel in Alberton from us in Cape Town. To be that was either a revenge rating to the SNC or she was too lazy to check her tracking number when we sent it on Wednesday (she rated us on), so I took that to BoB too. The funniest thing is just as I sent the email to BoB she goes and changes the negative to neutral saying she is a first time Buyer yet she has 8 purchases including ours. Thanks to Ati the rating was removed.

miraclebabycaw

I had a buyer waaaay back when I first started that also gave me a negative..and you know I don't think it ever got removed. I sold a comforter. I specifically stated the size of the pillow slips on the auction. I had not however opened and checked the item and it had "chinese writing" on the cover which I could not see and did not know about. I got rated negative because the pillow slips were not a standard size and of the chinese writing. I also offered a refund if they returned the item to which I got told that they had given it to the dog and not to bother... I was fuming. I admitted I didn't know about the writing, but heck if I had opened the parcel I probably would have gotten a negative for it being sold as brand new. Another auction I sold some justine tissue oil. I clearly stated that I would be away till the Sunday and would post all parcels the following monday if they had been paid for. Everyone except one woman paid and I posted their parcels on the Monday. Come a week later and the woman still has not paid, so I send her a gentle reminder, and she pays..in cash...less the cash deposit fee that is also blantantly put in the charges...so I remind her of that, so she does another cash deposit for the full amount and happily I post the article. A week later she posts a negative saying that I go away and don't inform anyone and then expect her to pay in no time and that postage is too high..I mean WTH?? Finally she changed it to a neutral, but really!!! Makes you wonder sometimes if it's worth it...

wayjen

It's becoming more and more frustrating selling on BoB when Buyers are incapable of reading listings or shipping on an item then have the nerve to get upset when you say these are MY terms and conditions.