Sign in to follow this  
NooNooBug

Is there something fishy here?

NooNooBug

Needing some advise...a buyer bid & won & item from me in May. Paid for item with credit card, it was posted 10 May, arrived 15 May. She rated me on 3 June. So what ? I was at the post office earlier & I received her parcel back...was sent back on 18 June, unclaimed ! I feel a little uneasy as when i went to her ratings she has been buying during May & June (still a newbie) and eventhough her ratings appear above board, I looked at her ratings to sellers & they were all posted on the same day! I am worried that it could be a stolen card or such ? Why would you pay over a hundred rand for something you do not collect & still rate the seller ? Am I being neurotic ? At least I would only be postage out of pocket if it is a scam. prob is she has been buying artworks for several hundred & I am worried that another seller may not be as lucky. Please someone tell me what is the next step...

Seeds for Africa

I wouldnt worry, you will find she probably rated everyone at the same time and didnt go through who she was rating. Its not abnormal for buyers to not collect parcels. We have about 5 a month returned, and when we contact the buyers about reshipping the items they rarely pay the reshipping fee so never end up getting the parcel. If the buyer used a fraudulent card in May you would have had a chargeback by now, so I wouldnt worry.

NooNooBug

Thanx, still feel apprehensive concerning Credit Card deals especially with Newbies ! Will send her an email and see what response I get !