Sign in to follow this  
kimbo11

Android app

kimbo11    10
kimbo11

Do you have an Android app like the iPhone app for BoB?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi there,

development for the Android app has started and it should be available towards end of August.

keanublack    10
keanublack

its about time...we been waiting for months :(

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
its about time...we been waiting for months :(

and it will rock ;-)

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
it should be available towards end of August.

Any news on this yet?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

we are very close with it. the final version should be delivered by Friday this week. The plan is then to test through everything from our side one more time and if there are no more gremlins we should be able to push it into the app-store within the next 2 weeks (I do expect some bugs we still have to iron out).

The app though looks awesome ;-)

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Looking forward to seeing it!

keanublack    10
keanublack

I cant wait to see it...ive been waiting for this a long time. will check in again in 2 weeks...

JANDS    10
JANDS

What's an "I-phone"? :weird:

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
What's an "I-phone"? :weird:

Must be the opposite of a "u-phone"?

JANDS    10
JANDS

U-fone is cheaper than i-phone...still hate this texting language though.

keanublack    10
keanublack

It's the end of October, is the App still not available?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

We have run into a few more bugs which are currently being fixed, but we are not yet 100% satisfied with everything. The App is essentially done and we going through testing and doing some final UI/UX tweaks. Sofar no showstoppers and I am hoping that we are able to release soon.

(It's really taking longer than we thought, but we also wanted that everything is perfect)

GamesX    10
GamesX

News or Update

Any news or update on the app?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Any news or update on the app?

Now this is embarrassing: We have done one one more round of tests last week and uncovered about two pages of errors or glitches which our supplier needs to fix. At the moment we are not satisfied with the state of the application.

Overall functionality rocks, but we found bugs in the buying process which need to be fixed first. We do hope that in two weeks time we can finally release the app.

Android development is tougher compared to iOS due to the wide variety of devices and screen-sizes, and we hope that with the final bug-squashing the application can be released. (I am starting to sound like our government with all those promises)

GamesX    10
GamesX
Now this is embarrassing: We have done one one more round of tests last week and uncovered about two pages of errors or glitches which our supplier needs to fix. At the moment we are not satisfied with the state of the application.

Overall functionality rocks, but we found bugs in the buying process which need to be fixed first. We do hope that in two weeks time we can finally release the app.

Android development is tougher compared to iOS due to the wide variety of devices and screen-sizes, and we hope that with the final bug-squashing the application can be released. (I am starting to sound like our government with all those promises)

Thanks for update, can't wait for the app, rather a working app then a broken app. Also will make life allot easier

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

So close - you can almost smell it - now here is a teaser:

kebs    10
kebs

Cruel Mac... Want it!!!

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

We should receive the bug-fix release tomorrow and if our tests are successful and everything works we will push it into GooglePlay either Monday or Tuesday (big disclaimer on "if our tests are successful").

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Just a quick update - we were hoping to release this week, but had to do another round of testing/fixes (Android development and supporting so many devices is really tough) and I think we should be ready by Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

The features are similar to iOS (a preview of the Android app is on

):

✓ Browse bidorbuy's extensive categories

✓ Conduct a keyword search

✓ Use handy filters to narrow down search results

✓ Bid, buy or respond to classifieds

✓ View Deal of the week and other exciting promotions

✓ View full item details including shipping and payment options

✓ Add items to your watchlist and shopping cart

✓ Keep track of your bidorbuy activity

✓ Set up and receive outbid notifications

✓ Leave questions for sellers and review answers

✓ Review seller ratings and leave your own feedback

✓ Share items via email, Facebook or Twitter

✓ Save your searches and get notified when new items match

✓ Pay for items securely with bobPay EFT, credit card, vouchers, PayPal and MPESA (Kenya only)

✓ Easily switch between South African and Kenya bidorbuy Apps.

A huge list of enhancements will still come after the first release and we are going to be busy with native apps for quite a long time. (Limited sales functionality is available in the first release, but full MyBidorbuy functionality including listing/relisting will come in subsequent weeks and months)

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Pfft.... we have the first release out the door - a few small issues we will fix and plenty of improvements to come afterwards.

We have not officially launched yet (all the marketing happens next week), and there are still some small issues (unable to install on some tablets at the moment).

Download link: bidorbuy mobile for Android devices - Online shopping with your Android phone & tablet

kimbo11    10
kimbo11

Looks very nice :)

Tx

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

If you guys have feedback, please provide it via the rating/comments in GooglePlay - we use this as the central source for improvements.

Just note, that once we have resolved the initial nuisances (such as tablet installation issues and a few glitches), the team will continue rolling in updates for MyBoB functionality (such as Q&A, seller tools etc).

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

One thing to mention:

If I am strolling through the Crazy Wednesday and look at something I like, when I go back it takes me back to the first thing on the

crazy Wednesday. I have to scroll through hundreds of listings before I am back to where I left off.

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

PS: The sellers part freezes on "Initializing orders".

Will try again tomorrow.