Sign in to follow this  
CliffieJacobs

What Can I Do If They Lied About The Item I Won (BID) Tanzanites ?

MiemsJewels

Price for 1ct Tanzanite, 10 years ago, R15,000. That is what NJW quoted me!

CliffieJacobs

Please Correct me if im wrong , the tanzanites i won are both clarity rated IF , and from google this is what i gather :

IF : Internally flawless; only external flaws are present, which can be removed by further polishing the stone .

IF: Loupe Clean - Internally flawless; free of inclusions

is IF the 2nd best clairity grade , other than 1st place "FL: Completely flawless" ?

CliffieJacobs

Dont you think a Tanzanite with a Clairty grade of IF should be AAA ? .... and not AA+ ? Why would the 2nd best clairty not be as good as a AAA grade , If you understand my question .

MsPlod

Hi Cliffie

Have you read through any of the posts/threads in the Gemstones section (Gem stones, Precious stones, and Semi-precious stones) of the forum?

Loads of useful advice and tips there. Personally - I think you are getting a reasonable bargain. The trader is a good one (as far as I know anyhow) and the price he could realistically have achieved for that gem is actually quite a bit more.

Have a look at my extremely unprofessional summary of these ridiculous "retail" prices in this thread - http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/jewellery-watches/12145-tanzanite-what-bargain.html#post94619 - as well as Lukeness' (who IS a professional) responding to the same issue.

These retail prices are totally ridiculous but very little we have requested BoB to do about restricting these idiotic claims has been done.

Some folks DO use realistic values and it is simply trial and error working out whom to trust.

CliffieJacobs

Yeah i did thanks Msplod ... but yet could u tell me what the value of these 2 tanzanites are - me reselling them , what can i ask for them ?

CliffieJacobs

THREAD CLOSED , I ASKED FOR A FULL REFUND AS SHE LIED TO ME :

First she said that she needs to pack the parcell and that it requires more than one person and she was alone .

Now today she emails me saying that her supplier courier people are on strike and thus causing a delay so she cannot send it to me .

Why sell something you dont have ? Should have mentioned in the bid that the items need to be shipped from the supplier first before to the winner .

I asked for a full refund and i got it . Wont deal with this person again , as the service i received as poor - i had emailed her and phoned her and she has only emailed me for the first time ever today (only form of contact she made with me) .