Sign in to follow this  
MiemsJewels

I'm fed up for unfair ratings from new buyers!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Why is it so difficult for a buyer to contact seller to sort issues out, before giving ratings?

What don't they understand about contacting me first?

PS: IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE TRANSACTION PLEASE CONTACT ME ON mxxxxx@telkomsa.net or xxxxxxxxxx PRIOR TO GIVING NEUTRAL OR NEGATIVE RATINGS

Item

CHRYSOCOLLA SOLID 925 STERLING SILVER RING SIZE 7.5

Rated by Buyer

Lala52 (9)

Originally Rated

17 Jun 2012 09:27

Rating

1x1_trans.gif Neutral

Comment

no ndcaton that it is slver

svw    10
svw

Looks like a lovely ring - seems like they scooped a bargain....wish I had of seen that auction! Why don't they take it to a jeweller first to confirm the silver if not sure - before rating?

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

They can't just not read.....they can't even see properly. This is unfair and BoB will remove the rating. Also very unprofessional to use abbreviated "language" in the rating. Says a lot about the buyer.

Pathway    10
Pathway

If Miems says it is silver, then it is silver. End of discussion. I've bought from her and I trust her implicitly.

bev18    10
bev18

I am not sure where to put this, so here goes. I am a 'newish' seller, and certainly a good buyer. Now one dear soul contacted me to buy some items. I replied to him in bob, and he then paid me the postage directly? A mistake I am sure, but not for the goods. Now I have left countless messages for him to contact me, so that I may return his money, or do the deal through bob. How can I get in touch with him please?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Oh dear, Miems. I'm sure this will all be sorted out by BoB!

@bev18 - if you're having a problem with a buyer, send all info through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and let them help you sort the matter out! Does the buyer have a telephone number? If so, give him a call and try to chat him through the sale - if he's difficult, just stay absolutely calm and end the call pleasantly and then contact CW. Good luck.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

She updated the neutral to a NEGATIVE! please Cuan, I need your help here and fast, please!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
She updated the neutral to a NEGATIVE! please Cuan, I need your help here and fast, please!

And back to Neutral again!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

I'm packing my stuff! I won't allow someone to call me abussive! Uit en gedaan en klaar. Just because the 925 is not stamp clear enough, I get a neutral rating?

No ways, I'm not gonna take this crap!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
I'm packing my stuff! I won't allow someone to call me abussive! Uit en gedaan en klaar. Just because the 925 is not stamp clear enough, I get a neutral rating?

No ways, I'm not gonna take this crap!

Huh? It's gone......................I'll stay!:biggrin: Thanks Whoever removed it, I knew I could rely on you! Big hug for you!:awesome:

Edited by MiemsJewels

svw    10
svw
Huh? It's gone......................I'll stay!:biggrin: Thanks Whoever removed it, I knew I could rely on you! Big hug for you!:awesome:

If you knew who "whoever" was you could send them a chocolate cake.......................:whistling:

wayjen    10
wayjen

How come Sellers must communicate at least 3 or 4 times with a Buyer yet they can drop one email to BoB and rate you? There would be a lot less paperwork for everyone if Buyers had to communicate with Sellers.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

You're lucky to have your neutral removed. I'm still battling to get a response out of BoB on a negative rating I got late last week.

Buyer received exact item she purchased, rated positive, then three months down the line changed it to negative with a ridiculous statement of "no use to say why". When prompted, she stated that I never replied to her email thus her being unhappy - I never received this email and she cannot provide me with a copy of it being sent. She states that she did not get "what she ordered" (ie Blue Topaz) - she claims I sold her a natural gemstone and the opinion she got from her jeweller is that it is a "fake" yet nowhere in the listing does the word "natural" get mentioned. I'm still waiting for BoB to answer me on this query...

I personally feel that if BoB can step in and remove a neutral rating (for which I've heard often that they won't remove neutrals as they have no final effect on your status), then they can surely remove an unfair or unwarranted negative? It is not like the buyer received something that was not as advertised - she got exactly what she ordered - all the details are 100% accurate and the image is of the actual item! Plus she was happy with the item for the first three months she had it in her possession!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
And back to Neutral again!

Sounds like you're dealing with someone whom MrA would say "has their thumb in their bum and their brain in neutral"!

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

I'm also becoming fed up with NEW buyers abusing the rating system. To some people it's just a game, but little do they realise how valuable the ratings are to us sellers.

Some people are VERY unreasonable, and don't think before they act. The worst is when you know you did your best for a buyer, yet they don't consider ALL the aspects of the sale nor notify and allow the seller an opportunity to resolve issues before posting neutral / negative feedback. I think it's very rude to post negative feedback without the seller's knowledge and prior communication. Slip-ups do happen to all of us, but there's a solution to every problem! It just takes a little bit of communication.

Even though it's common sense and done in common decency, I think new users should be educated on the rating system and write an exam before their BoB accounts get approved :hm:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

I totally agree with you Fashion Police!:sad:

Then some of them wants their bread buttered both sides.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

How about auction closing TODAY and when Buyer receives winning email notification, Buyer gives NEGATIVE because: "No Shipping amount was mentioned, now that I won the auction R386.00, unacceptable". Shipping cost is CAREFULLY noted just below PayPal logo under SHIPPING COSTS in tem description.

I 'pointed' this section to her and she says it is not there, so I sent a screenshot of auction where it shows shipping costs. She then says it should have been under 'Shipping & Payment' tab. Uh, hello.... Under 'Shipping & Payment' tab, it reads: "R1 Auctions do not quality for free shipping. Shipping costs are noted in item description".

Why can't Buyer just say, "I didn't read before bidding. My error"?

And now, Buyer wants to remit R1 EFT/EBT to my USA bank, which charges $20.00USD for monies received from outside the USA...and I can keep the item (which means I will be $18.82USD in the red)! Bet a dollar to a donut 'that dog won't hunt'....she's gonna throw a 'hissy fit' when I tell her about bank fees although that, too, is noted under 'Shipping & Payment' tab under 'Other Payment Options'. She says she is NOT refusing to pay for the item (but only on her terms) and she is contacting BoB.

So, I guess my question is: If I do not provide my bank info because I do not want to 'eat' bank fees, am I 'at fault' when a SNC is filed? If I provide bank info and she remits R1 and I 'eat' the bank fees, can I file a SNC for non-payment / terms not met?

This is a no-win for Seller, but may be (on appeal) for Buyer.

Sheesh!

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
I think new users should be educated on the rating system and write an exam before their BoB accounts get approved :hm:

(Gazing into my crystal ball).... Nope, nary a soul. No one will read it; just scroll down to the bottom and click the 'accept' box (just like most do with 'Terms of Acceptance' for, for example, Word or Java or Incredimail or AVG or....).

Ruthie

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Ruthie - why don't you suggest that the buyer sends a carrier pigeon over to you and you will give it a good night's sleep after a good supper and then you'll attach the item to its back and it can do the delivery free of charge?

Jokes aside, I really feel sorry for you that the buyer doesn't appear to have read your listing properly and is now giving you problems.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Janet...

I am 'thinking' the negative will go poof when I file a SNC unless some kind-hearted Admin removes it before then.... 58f5a7398a184_09070912.GIF.391bdf541520388f2d11115918fd97f8.GIF.

Then, when the SNC is filed, there is the 'hoopla' of her 'appeal'.

Biggest concern: If I do not provide my bank info because I do not want to 'eat' nearly $20.00USD bank fees (on a R1 payment) charged by my bank, am I somehow violating BoB's policy or will I be found 'at fault' when a SNC is filed? If I provide bank info and she remits R1 and I 'eat' the bank fees, can I file a SNC for non-payment / terms not met?

Ruthie

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think Cuan needs to answer your question about the banking details, Ruthie!

qball    11
qball
Janet...

I am 'thinking' the negative will go poof when I file a SNC unless some kind-hearted Admin removes it before then.... [ATTACH=CONFIG]3486[/ATTACH].

Then, when the SNC is filed, there is the 'hoopla' of her 'appeal'.

Biggest concern: If I do not provide my bank info because I do not want to 'eat' nearly $20.00USD bank fees (on a R1 payment) charged by my bank, am I somehow violating BoB's policy or will I be found 'at fault' when a SNC is filed? If I provide bank info and she remits R1 and I 'eat' the bank fees, can I file a SNC for non-payment / terms not met?

Ruthie

File the SNC Ruthie - Buyer did not agree to Sellers terms as reason, and inform buyer not to make payment.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
File the SNC Ruthie - Buyer did not agree to Sellers terms as reason, and inform buyer not to make payment.

Bless your heart! I hardly slept a wink this weekend fretting over this 'mess'. I was so worried if I refused to send my bank info, I would be found 'at fault' and my hands smacked...or worse.

Buyer did file complaint with BoB: Ticket ID: SSB-999-46205. I have replied, in length, and sent supporting attachments. Would you kindly review ticket and my response and follow through your side? Thank-you.

I will file the SNC copy/paste the email response to above ticket number. It should pretty much 'tell the story' in 'black and white'.

Ruthie

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I am still laughing, but I have to respond to this one! If a buyer can not read your ad properly, what makes you think they could pass a test?

Keep on Truckin! :-)

kyle2    10
kyle2
I am still laughing, but I have to respond to this one! If a buyer can not read your ad properly, what makes you think they could pass a test?

Keep on Truckin! :-)

Failing the test should limit their ability to rate negatively............. Problem sorted.