Sign in to follow this  
Dave96

And yet another seller going bad??? "New Management"

Dave96    10
Dave96

I recently bid on and won 87 boxes of pens at R1.00 per box. Each box contains 50 pens. Right at the outset I knew the seller, New Management, had made a mistake by listing 100 boxes of pens for sale all at the same time, as a single item with multiple purchase options.

The seller is listed as being from Johannesburg, and shipping was listed from Johannesburg as well. No-where was any mention made of "no collection".

When I concluded the purchase, I sent an email requesting the seller if I could collect from him in Johannesburg. I paid over the purchase price at the same time. A day later I get an email from the seller, who, now having realised his mistake, asked me for my banking details so that he could refund the money paid over, since no shipping amount was included.

Now, this immediately raised my suspicions, because logically a seller would first alert the buyer to the fact that collection was not an option, and to please pay over the shipping amount, before requesting the buyers banking details.

The issue was forwarded to BoB, to which the seller responded that the goods were actually being shipped from Cape Town, and therefore collection was not an option. He also indicated that the goods were to be shipped from Cape Town to Johannesburg and then on to me in Pretoria.

Now, I might be gullible, but this takes the cake! I sent him an email asking why the goods were not shipped directly from Cape Town to me, upon which he came up with a lame excuse about "not being able to trust the people in Cape Town to do it correctly."

It does not make sense for me to pay more than R2000.00 for shipping from Johannesburg when I live less than 50 kms away, so I gave the seller a negative rating, called him a liar and requested my money back.

That was 12 days ago. Since then I have not heard from the seller again, and the matter now rests with BoB, who are also taking their time to respond to this issue!

qball    11
qball

Hi Dave

Natashja is dealing with this issue, the seller has until close of business today to resolve this issue or face having his account restricted and listings removed. Please kindly only respond on 1 ticket number - creating multiple tickets will cause delays as tickets are assigned to different staff members and will be answered at different times. Thanks.

The issue of him not having the stock will also be dealt with. Please also do not assume that you can collect if this is not clear on the listing, rather ask first before placing the order and not including the shipping amount before paying. Shipping could also be reduced from the seller's side.

Thank you

Cuan

Bargain Coins    10
Bargain Coins

i bought 5kg line as listed, but he send me 3kg line that is useless. seller do not communicate so i gave him neg rating as the line is not as described. now i have also received a neg rating from seller with excuse of refund can be given, but that's where the buck stops.

Cheetah10    10
Cheetah10
i bought 5kg line as listed, but he send me 3kg line that is useless. seller do not communicate so i gave him neg rating as the line is not as described. now i have also received a neg rating from seller with excuse of refund can be given, but that's where the buck stops.

Ah!!... now things are falling into place..... this happens to be the same seller I'm referring to above in my post.... "Is he serious"??....... So!.... I can confirm.... there is something not very coshure going on here.....