Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Sellers using other members' auction descriptions

Miss Jewels

I'm sure this has been addressed before and it still irritates the **** out of me. I found a listing this evening and my description has been copied identically....even the spacing is the same!:huh:I asked the seller a question and see it has been deleted. Well, being the persistant pest I am, I "asked" another question.:nuts: Will be interesting to see if this too gets deleted. What is the opinion from other sellers regarding copying of auction descriptions.

Jongleur
I'm sure this has been addressed before and it still irritates the **** out of me. I found a listing this evening and my description has been copied identically....even the spacing is the same!:huh:I asked the seller a question and see it has been deleted. Well, being the persistant pest I am, I "asked" another question.:nuts: Will be interesting to see if this too gets deleted. What is the opinion from other sellers regarding copying of auction descriptions.

Offer to charge them for your Copyright. R10 000.00 per description. Or send a link to them referring to

the Copyright Act of 1978 / Intellectual Property Right as amended.

alloway65

I think some BoB sellers battle to put a few sentences together....no excuse just a fact!!!!:sad:

wayjen

There has always been issues with copying of listings and what is the strangest thing is that lots of listings are ones off the internet it self, so a few people will have the same google image or item description and on occasions you will get a copy of someone's picture that they took with their very on camera and a copy of the very same listing which is written by a person sitting at a keyboard in his "own handwriting". Now one of those 2 examples is illegal but is the other example also illegal if the information is online everywhere?

Not saying this is the case but....

Miss Jewels

I agree on your point Wayne, but in this case, even part of my terms/description, created in my own time in my own words, have been copied. Even the font is the same. The ***** cheek of it!

e.g.

Indicative values are not binding and are based on the manufacturers' suggested retails price converted from USD to ZAR. These are replacement values and not necessarily the market value**A Gem Report from EGL Labs Cape Town stating authenticity of the Tanzanite is available at R325.00.