Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

"Non Organised Philately" Exhibition

dstorm

Hello to all, especially to all members of TAOMWPS (THE APPRECIATION OF MALT WHISKY PHILATELIC SOCIETY) and to those who are still going to join.

I have finalised the date and the venue for our exhibition. I have a legal document right here next to my whisky glass stating that we own the Impala Park Community Centre from 24th July to 26th July.

All that remains now is a lot of hard work and one meeting where we will have to decide who is going to do all this hard work...

I believe that President and Vice President will have to be less important than secretary, treasurer, worker, worker and worker.

Also, we need money (known as funds when it come to non-profit making ventures) and we need it fast. At the moment TAOMWPS is R2 160-00 in the red and we haven’t even bought a drop of whisky yet.

Regards

Jacques

gabriel 1

Hi all

Firstly, I am glad that at last some progress has been made. Secondly, I refuse to bring any whiskey to Saturdays meeting, this must most definetely be the last meeting to iron out the details etc.

I have already stated that I will supply the prizes. I will also contribute towards the venue and function on the Friday.

I spoke to the Nigel Stamp Club on Monday night and they are all keen to exhibit, possible 12 exhibits, good start.

See you Saturday.

PS Kenny, if you bring whiskey it is only to be opened on completion of the meeting.

Regards

Gabriel1

dstorm

OK, then I will bring some Glen Morangie.

kennyn

Hello All

With such stringent conditions attached,I am sure the meeting will be finished extremely timeously.I will pay for the hall for the 25th and also sort out the meat for the braai on the Friday night and organise the security.

On Saturday we need to finalise the other fund raising ideas as well as the other details.

Cheers

Kenny

dstorm

Hello Gabriel1

Do not worry.

From now on you will see that I can (contrary to common belief) be extremely serious and extremely effective.

About 150 days to go. I am busy organizing a task sheet, similar to what I used for Junass 2000 and Junass 2004. Just to give us some ideas.

Regards

Jacques

2dblue

Let me know how I can be of assitance

Rgds

Colin

dstorm

Hello Colin

We need your body...

...to help us to erect / dismantle exhibition frames...

And to liaise with PFSA regarding these frames.

Regards

Jacques

2dblue

No Problemo - Will do

rgds