Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Aaaaaa's Again

voldermort    10
voldermort

Can somebody please advise on this. I have just spent at least 15 mins removing all the ridiculous Aaaa's from this ad, not once, not twice but 4 times now and as fast as I edit it, is as fast as the Aaaaaa's are returning. In other words I am unable to remove the Aaaaaa's from this ad.

Sci-Fi & Fantasy - Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban for sale in Cape Town (ID:66428810)

wayjen    10
wayjen

I see them but really had to look for them. I think most people will not even notice them.

mellowred    10
mellowred

It has something to do with copy and paste - I think.

Try pasting the text into MS Publisher or Corel Draw and save as a picture. Then download the picture as your text.

Email me if you need help.

mellowred    10
mellowred

I also had to look for them V. So agree with Wayne.

But the picture bit may help in future.

voldermort    10
voldermort
I see them but really had to look for them. I think most people will not even notice them.

Let's hope not.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Can somebody please advise on this. I have just spent at least 15 mins removing all the ridiculous Aaaa's from this ad, not once, not twice but 4 times now and as fast as I edit it, is as fast as the Aaaaaa's are returning. In other words I am unable to remove the Aaaaaa's from this ad.

Sci-Fi & Fantasy - Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban for sale in Cape Town (ID:66428810)

You put in a lot of effort for this listing. Very nice.

voldermort    10
voldermort
I also had to look for them V. So agree with Wayne.

But the picture bit may help in future.

Will try that in the future, hopefully as you & Wayne say perhaps it won't be noticed & with all the changes going on right now (making me go grey I tell you) I am just going to let that one slide by for now & rather concentrate on trying to figure out all these new changes.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi SamIf you want to manually remove the A's, this is what you do:Change the listing into HTML view (code view)Look for the Aaaaaa'sDelete them while in code view - but (a big but) you must also delete the html code on either side of the Aaa's.In other words you would delete as follows;

AAAAAaaaaa

You need to delete from the first < right till the last > on either side of the AAAa's.Also make sure you leave no spaces where you delete as it will bring the Aaaa's back again.Once you have done that all through the listing, you can change back to normal view.This is the only solution I have found that works every time and gets rid of them in that listing forever.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Thanks Angela but where is my html editor......I know before this new look it used to be where all of these things are....

Harry1.JPG.e0495ec4299a8253ae8dcfcdd4c29f26.JPG

The only thing I can find now relating to html is at the bottom, as shown, but when I click on that it takes me to BoB support?

Harry2.JPG.e18a0e219edb882327b32f3cb6e58c3d.JPG

Sorry to be such a pain :sad:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

No problem, Sam, they keep changing things, its called "source" now, top right just above the description box.

kyle2    10
kyle2

I had to re-list something on the weekend and after it was re-listed, the whole description from top to bottom became infested with these horrible 'A's, I think I got rid of most of them, but why would this happen in the first place? The original listing had none of these in there, only became apparent after re-listing?:evil: