Sign in to follow this  
Jongleur

New Springbok

voldermort
And plenty of ghosts from the

mountains come down at night. Cheeky buggers too.Glad to see the Bulls beat England.

not surprising - you are in the heart of the Spokeveld country......coined this during the Boer War if memory serves me correctly & known as such ever since :weird:

Italy or Spain? My eyes want Italy to win (some good lookers there) but my brain says Spain will take it 2 - 1.

Jongleur
Also very happy that the green & gold & not pink Springboks beat England...

We could do with a bit of your rain up here - it is dry and dusty up here and when the wind blows like it did yesterday surrounded by building sites - awful !

Heyneke Meyer looked very dashing in his new blazer at the post - match interview. His blazer

should be pink instead of green with a blue border instead of gold. Wonder if our

computer whizz can do it for us. Ms Plod ?

Jongleur
Very very brave to drive back in such mean weather, dodging kudu and ghosts.

I am in perpetual fear of hitting a kudu whilst driving so I don't generally drive at night this time of year. Last year (around this time - hunting season) I was very nearly hit by one when walking out my front door - poor thing was tearing through the village in terror... Am practically an agoraphobe this time of year :ninja:

The three pointed star was equal to the occasion. I do that run every so often and it is always enjoyable.

You get to see so many animals. Dainty little Springboks, birds of prey, troops of Vervet monkeys cleverly

living between the jackal fencing on either side of the road to avoid predators, the odd Impala. Plenty

of goats and even some cattle but no sheep in a habitat where they grow like weeds. Strange. Can it

be that they have all been consumed ? And no hateful Port Jackson.

Jongleur
not surprising - you are in the heart of the Spokeveld country......coined this during the Boer War if memory serves me correctly & known as such ever since :weird:

Italy or Spain? My eyes want Italy to win (some good lookers there) but my brain says Spain will take it 2 - 1.

Herman Charles Bosman wrote magnificent stories about ghosts wandering around in the klowe. During the daytime they stayed high

in the hills and mountains but at night they would come down to the valleys. This was where the problems started. They would bump

into people late at night, full of Peach Brandy .................. My kids grew up on his stories with terrified delight.

Italy. Very wily players and old hands when the big occasion is at hand. We tend to think of Spain as the Barca/Real

team but they are minus one Lionel Messi as Ronaldo has been telling anyone who cares to listen; mainly because he

is also not Spanish.

Portugal played some great football last night. Tremendous talent in Nani. But no strikers. They need a Messi.

voldermort
Herman Charles Bosman wrote magnificent stories about ghosts wandering around in the klowe. During the daytime they stayed high

in the hills and mountains but at night they would come down to the valleys. This was where the problems started. They would bump

into people late at night, full of Peach Brandy .................. My kids grew up on his stories with terrified delight.

Italy. Very wily players and old hands when the big occasion is at hand. We tend to think of Spain as the Barca/Real

team but they are minus one Lionel Messi as Ronaldo has been telling anyone who cares to listen; mainly because he

is also not Spanish.

Portugal played some great football last night. Tremendous talent in Nani. But no strikers. They need a Messi.

Herman Charles Bosman - a great writer but......fiction. Now if you want to terrify yourself with some non fiction about your charming part of the world I would highly recommend Eric Rosenthal They Walk By Night, Margaret Williamson Haunted Corners &/or Pat Hopkins Ghosts Of South Africa.......all guaranteed to keep you awake late into the night :meh:

I believe too there is fighting amongst the Spanish team, Barca & Real against each other (not too sure how true this is) but at least there is still Torres, Xavi etc.

Cannot agree more about Portugal, nobody who can kick the ball in.

I think the Denmark/Portugal game will be one not to be missed - neither will be willing to go home.

JohnBenn

"This was where the problems started. They would bump

into people late at night, full of Peach Brandy .................."

I saw this the other night on rude tube,funny as hell.

Edited by JohnBenn

Jongleur

Thank heavens I don't drink.

Jongleur
and here we have it - the real reason for last nights draw :confused: :weeabooface:

Spain considers UEFA protest | Sport24

I have the same problem playing golf. Cant get a hole in one because of the greens.

A poor excuse from a bunch of spoilt brats. I hope they get whacked in the next game.

Tonight we are bound to see the "effortless supremacy" attitude from England. And plenty

of ill - temper from France.

mellowred

Ai fooitog ... the guys taking the vid should have said "gudnite mate". Wonder if he managed to get up ... still clutching the precious packet.

voldermort

Can it be possible that the Ukraine/Sweden match was far more exciting than England/France.......:confused:

JohnBenn
Ai fooitog ... the guys taking the vid should have said "gudnite mate". Wonder if he managed to get up ... still clutching the precious packet.

Hahah........:bigsmile:

alloway65

S**t.......I am a bit annoyed, I have about 1500 Silver Springboks in front of me and not one is pregnant or has been shot in the ear....oh for some luck!!!!!

Edited by alloway65
spellung mistaak!!!

lilythepink
S**t.......I am a bit annoyed, I have about 1500 Silver Springboks in front of me and not one is pregnant or has been shot in the ear....oh for some luck!!!!!

And some biltong!

alloway65

I think I mixed the English Springbok's with the Afrikaans Springboks and they don't like to mix or interbreed, also I had banned hunting on my property.........hence no ear tags or pregnancies!!!:amuse:

Jongleur

I had a look as well. Same result. But very jittery. Seems to me they have been shot at before.

Or some lewd suggestions over the years. But alas - they are all wearing a Full Metal Jacket. They

suspect I will be back.

JohnBenn

I have a 1999 (small) R1 coin that looks pregnant,but I guess not - since the springbucks were strictly allowed to get pregnant during 1966.After that they were all neutered by the SAmint.:mad: :whistling: