Sign in to follow this  
Jongleur

New Springbok

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

After requests by the Bulls team members the decision

has been made to change to the new - look Springbok.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3430[/ATTACH]

An emotional Heyneke Meyer said it was a dream come true

for all rugby supporters.

svw    10
svw

... certainly a pinked all out team ..............

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
... certainly a pinked all out team ..............

Looks like this bokkie is made from liquorice allsorts.

svw    10
svw
Looks like this bokkie is made from liquorice allsorts.

That is ......... if you happen to like liquorice allsorts - some of us have more discerning tastes!!!!!!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
That is ......... if you happen to like liquorice allsorts - some of us have more discerning tastes!!!!!!

Ha. Bet you had to check how I spelled liquorice when typing your post.

Well well .......... you have tossed the gauntlet for the weekend. Hope you support the right teams

for Europa starting tonight. Or are you watching The Bachelor - that mindless drivel the girls in our home

just cant get enough of ?

As for chocolaat - Ferrero Rocher ?

Pity they dont make them the size of tennis balls. I collect those little white stickers.

voldermort    10
voldermort

[quote=Jongleur;143384

I have never managed to figure out what it is that people find so appealing about Ferrero Rocher when there is Lindt to be had........OH MY WORD, those little Lindt balls are absolutely & completely just fine :cool:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I have never managed to figure out what it is that people find so appealing about Ferrero Rocher when there is Lindt to be had........OH MY WORD, those little Lindt balls are absolutely & completely just fine :cool:

Lindt has a nice selection in the low budget or economy range.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Lindt has a nice selection in the low budget or economy range.

I wouldn't know, I usually hang around the chocolate aisle in PnP on Fridays when they do sample hand outs.........when they give me a Ferrero Rocher sample I give it right back to them & tell them to keep those for the common folk :notrust:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I wouldn't know, I usually hang around the chocolate aisle in PnP on Fridays when they do sample hand outs.........when they give me a Ferrero Rocher sample I give it right back to them & tell them to keep those for the common folk :notrust:

Nice to see you have made a full recovery from your recent bout of

flu. And you must have finished tormenting your settings on the computer.

Now, about those free samples - where in the world would PnP have pilfered

the stock to actually give it away. Or are these wild imaginings brought about

by being surrounded with chockies in the aisles.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Nice to see you have made a full recovery from your recent bout of

flu. And you must have finished tormenting your settings on the computer.

Now, about those free samples - where in the world would PnP have pilfered

the stock to actually give it away. Or are these wild imaginings brought about

by being surrounded with chockies in the aisles.

Ha - firstly I feel fine simply because I have transferred my germs to Dimitri :angel:

I am NOT done yet with the tormenting of my settings, I am merely taking a well earned break :ninja:

So, to free samples....I kid you not about this. Dimitri is not a chocolate guy so doesn't care who gives what chocolates away but Jade & I have the chocolate freebies down to a fine art. We make sure to head on down to PnP between 12 - 1 on a Friday, first stop is the bakery (simply because it is the first stop in aisle number 1) where you are free to choose any number of cakes/doughnuts/biscuits etc on their sample tray, then we head on down to the deli (this particular stop interests Dimitri no end & resulted in him purchasing R100 of raw olives today to salt himself), next is the cheese counter where I will never say no to a piece of roquefort cheese and then we hit the chocolate aisle...... Dimitri as said does not care for chocolates but he is a big guy so always gets plenty samples which he happily gives to us........Ferrero Rocher & Lindt are always on the menu, not sure why but I shall not complain.

Last but not least we invade the juice section (LiquiFruit is especially good after one too many chocolates)

They do also have free samples of cereals & those pre packaged hamburgers/ steaks/ chicken fillets but after all the above I usually just look at them in disgust.........Friday has become a no cooking at home day over here.

Edited by voldermort

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Samntha

Up to about three months ago my kids were selling about to expire / just expired Lindt slabs at R10-00 each. They were selling them at our Food Fair at Uncle Tim’s Centre and some Sundays they made more money that what I made from two shops (DVDs and stamps).

If (ever) a bulk lot come up again I will let you know.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

svw    10
svw
Ha. Bet you had to check how I spelled liquorice when typing your post.

Well well .......... you have tossed the gauntlet for the weekend. Hope you support the right teams

for Europa starting tonight. Or are you watching The Bachelor - that mindless drivel the girls in our home

just cant get enough of ?

Pity they dont make them the size of tennis balls. I collect those little white stickers.

No doubt you had to check the spelling of liquorice ... :laugh: - Nah don't watch The Bachelor BUT won't miss an episode of the Vampire Diaries. As for chocolate - 99% cocoa is the best!!!!!! - especially the Lindor Truffles.

The "pink" springboks had better be on form tomorrow - they are in Sharks territory...

mellowred    10
mellowred

Me thinks that V & Jade were the idea behind a movie storyline. What was that movie? Eddie Murphy? fired for giving away to many tasty samples. That script writer must have been in the local P&P and observed those two rushing about. :cool:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I'd fight to the death for Ferrero Rocher - and hubby knows this too! Lindt is "okay" - however the small flat one in the plain red wrapper is nice - used to get it at the hair salon along with the most delicious hot white chocolate every week whilst in PE.

But my late father on the other hand was a chocoholic right to the end - if it had chocolate on it or in it, it was purchased and consumed. Thankfully I don't have such a sweet tooth, but I do enjoy an Albany Almond slab once every so many months.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
After requests by the Bulls team members the decision

has been made to change to the new - look Springbok.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3430[/ATTACH]

An emotional Heyneke Meyer said it was a dream come true

for all rugby supporters.

Hope she's not still breast-feeding! Or is she still pregnant?

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Hope she's not still breast-feeding! Or is she still pregnant?

This is a boy bokkie. If it was a girl her milk would be pink. Like Nesquick. Lets call our

all new bokkie Nesquick. But Nestle must pay for advertising.

I am off to Graaff Reinett to see a client. Pouring with rain here and I dont know

what the road is like. Hope I catch the rugby. But ... Bokke 18 - England 12

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Ha - firstly I feel fine simply because I have transferred my germs to Dimitri :angel:

I am NOT done yet with the tormenting of my settings, I am merely taking a well earned break :ninja:

So, to free samples....I kid you not about this. Dimitri is not a chocolate guy so doesn't care who gives what chocolates away but Jade & I have the chocolate freebies down to a fine art. We make sure to head on down to PnP between 12 - 1 on a Friday, first stop is the bakery (simply because it is the first stop in aisle number 1) where you are free to choose any number of cakes/doughnuts/biscuits etc on their sample tray, then we head on down to the deli (this particular stop interests Dimitri no end & resulted in him purchasing R100 of raw olives today to salt himself), next is the cheese counter where I will never say no to a piece of roquefort cheese and then we hit the chocolate aisle...... Dimitri as said does not care for chocolates but he is a big guy so always gets plenty samples which he happily gives to us........Ferrero Rocher & Lindt are always on the menu, not sure why but I shall not complain.

Last but not least we invade the juice section (LiquiFruit is especially good after one too many chocolates)

They do also have free samples of cereals & those pre packaged hamburgers/ steaks/ chicken fillets but after all the above I usually just look at them in disgust.........Friday has become a no cooking at home day over here.

Dimitri must be pleased with a draw last night. Great game.

Your computer is much relieved. But it is gathering strength so be prepared for mortal combat.

They always win.

Where is this Nirvana of free samples. Up here nothing is free. Except the rain - lambasted us all night.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Hello Samntha

Up to about three months ago my kids were selling about to expire / just expired Lindt slabs at R10-00 each. They were selling them at our Food Fair at Uncle Tim’s Centre and some Sundays they made more money that what I made from two shops (DVDs and stamps).

If (ever) a bulk lot come up again I will let you know.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Baffles my brain how Lindt could ever come close to expiration date without being sold :confused: now Ferrero Rocher on the other hand........

voldermort    10
voldermort
Dimitri must be pleased with a draw last night. Great game.

Your computer is much relieved. But it is gathering strength so be prepared for mortal combat.

They always win.

Where is this Nirvana of free samples. Up here nothing is free. Except the rain - lambasted us all night.

Great game indeed, any predictions for tonight........Dimitri & I both think Germany will win 2 -1, Jade though is a Portugal die hard so is predicting a 1-0 score.

You need to find your way to the Sea Point PnP when next you are in Cape Town, although I have at times been happily surprised at some of the exotic freebies to be had at Waterfront PnP as well.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes
This is a boy bokkie. If it was a girl her milk would be pink. Like Nesquick. Lets call our

all new bokkie Nesquick. But Nestle must pay for advertising.

I am off to Graaff Reinett to see a client. Pouring with rain here and I dont know

what the road is like. Hope I catch the rugby. But ... Bokke 18 - England 12

Darn - would have been good to do the extra 50km and join us in our pub in Nieu Bethesda - roaring fire, LOTS of Bulls supporters....

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Great game indeed, any predictions for tonight........Dimitri & I both think Germany will win 2 -1, Jade though is a Portugal die hard so is predicting a 1-0 score.

You need to find your way to the Sea Point PnP when next you are in Cape Town, although I have at times been happily surprised at some of the exotic freebies to be had at Waterfront PnP as well.

Huge upset for the Netherlands. In a very difficult group.

Germany 2 Portugal 1

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Darn - would have been good to do the extra 50km and join us in our pub in Nieu Bethesda - roaring fire, LOTS of Bulls supporters....

That would have been great. I got back a short while ago to more pouring rain. I nearly

stayed over in GR. I hate driving at night in Kudu territory. And plenty of ghosts from the

mountains come down at night. Cheeky buggers too.

Glad to see the Bulls beat England.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Baffles my brain how Lindt could ever come close to expiration date without being sold :confused: now Ferrero Rocher on the other hand........

Shoppers feel important when they pronounce Ferrero Rocher properly. Lindt sounds like

something from the haberdashery counter.

svw    10
svw
That would have been great. I got back a short while ago to more pouring rain. I nearly

stayed over in GR. I hate driving at night in Kudu territory.And plenty of ghosts from the

Also very happy that the green & gold & not pink Springboks beat England...

We could do with a bit of your rain up here - it is dry and dusty up here and when the wind blows like it did yesterday surrounded by building sites - awful !

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

stayed over in GR. I hate driving at night in Kudu territory.And plenty of ghosts from the

Very very brave to drive back in such mean weather, dodging kudu and ghosts.

I am in perpetual fear of hitting a kudu whilst driving so I don't generally drive at night this time of year. Last year (around this time - hunting season) I was very nearly hit by one when walking out my front door - poor thing was tearing through the village in terror... Am practically an agoraphobe this time of year :ninja: