Sign in to follow this  
NutJob

How can we use Paypal if we dont own a credit card ??

NutJob    10
NutJob

very many of us would like to use paypal but some of us dont have a thing called a credit card... how does one circumvent this issue ???

any help would be much appreciated

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Hi NutJob

Have you tried using moneybookers? I use them with just an ordinary debit card account - you can make use of the card no, or even an ordinary savings account no. Payments are made via email. I have used them to pay subscriptions or make purchases all over the world - if I want to buy something and that business does not have moneybookers, I just send them a nice email explaining how difficult it is to use paypal as a South African, so far I have had 100% of the ones I have asked opening their own moneybookers account for me to be able to make a payment.

You need a small amount to open the account, they supply you with a standard bank sa account no to pay into - they do not keep this money, it gets credited to your own moneybookers account for your starting balance.

Not for ebay though!

Regards

Sandy

meya    10
meya

PayPal

I have had no problems for the past 2 years using an FNB Visa debit card with PayPal (you just register it as a credit card), just make sure the billing address matches your home address on PayPal or get your account suspended (that happened to me, so I would know).

meya    10
meya
I have had no problems for the past 2 years using an FNB Visa debit card with PayPal (you just register it as a credit card), just make sure the billing address matches your home address on PayPal or get your account suspended (that happened to me, so I would know).

I'm not sure if the billing address thing is directly related to debit cards, but I've used an ABSA Mastercard credit card with no problems even though the address differed.

TheJeweller    10
TheJeweller

Open FNB cheque or maybe even savings account. Register for Internet banking at FNB and do Internet transfer to PayPal. Open PayPal account, it's free.

Use your FNB debit card to verify at PayPal.

Edited by TheJeweller

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Please let me know how too. (FNB Visa Debit)

etpi    10
etpi

This was sent to me by FNB Paypal Help.

When you sign up for a PayPal account you are required by PayPal to verify your PayPal account with any Visa, MasterCard or American Express cheque card or credit card, hence the reason you get asked for credit card details once you’re redirected to the PayPal page. Personal and business debit cards are not accepted by PayPal for verification and these are not FNB requirements but PayPal’s.

You can use any bank’s cheque card or credit card to verify your PayPal account. It does not have to be an FNB banked card. Once your PayPal account is verified then you can link it to your qualifying FNB account on FNB online banking.

Hope it helps.